Chapter 21

We Got Married: YoonYul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 20

 

Yoona stared into the mini camera she had in front of her, smiling widely as she held onto her new companion for the afternoon while her wife was in charge of tidying up the house. She was going to a cute video of her repacking their luggages; Tiffany had done it before and she wanted Yoona to give it a try too. Though Yoona had no guarantee that she would be as cute as the eye-smiling queen, she knew the members were practically waiting for her to go live. Yoona didn't really know how to behave when she was on air alone because the atmosphere always turned awkward easily after she finished talking. 

“Good morning, guys! I’m Yoona and as you all know, we will be flying to California to experience the McKamey Manor. I don’t know how I ended up agreeing to it but Yuri was so excited about it so I had to give in.”

Yoona was having a difficult time trying to continue when she saw a huge piece of drawing block at the entrance of the door with the words: ‘Talk about your plans when you reach California’. She made an awkward face at the words but did accordingly, sharing her plans (mostly meal plans) for the week since there was really nothing else she could talk about. Though her smile did brighten when she saw the familiar pair of bedroom slippers behind the door; Yuri was trying so discreetly to help her decrease her awkwardness in front of the cameras and Yoona was thankful.

If Yuri was anything, she was more than just a sweet wife who deserved to be cherished; she needed to have someone who could go on adventures with her – why wouldn’t Yoona be that person?

“And I know our honeymoon might seem a little long, we aren’t neglecting our time with the other members… in fact, they’re watching this right now! Yah, Unnies! Comment and say hi!”

One of the cheekiest grins Yuri possessed across the years appeared on her face and she decided to take the opportunity to sneak upon her wife. She put down the drawing block and took off the jacket tied around her waist, moving towards Yoona with minimal noise. Yoona was wearing such a thin shirt and Yuri was not happy about it, especially since Yoona felt cold so easily compared to all of them.  Yuri clamped down on her lower lip to hide her laugher when she was standing behind Yoona, she bent down and wrapped her arms around Yoona’s shoulders.

Yoona's eyes widened and she could feel her entire face turn extremely red at how tight Yuri was hugging her; it was so warm and it made her heart race.

“Good morning guys. Her wife is here too!”

The comments coming from her members were the real deal and it made the couple burst into laughter;

Taeyeon: wow is kwon nyuri jealous?

Sunny: seriously guys ㅋㅋㅋ

Seohyun: Ah, Yuri-unnie!

Tiffany: control your wife, Yoongie.

Hyoyeon: keep her warm, Yul 😉

Jessica: aigoo, Seobang. Stop being so jealous. 

Sooyoung: bye guys! 

The black pearl in particular was finding the comments pretty comical and refreshing; unlike Yoona who was blushing furiously at the vague comments meaning something else, Yuri was having a gall of a time. She didn't really care much for what the members were saying, knowing their teasing wasn't going to be halted anytime soon. Yoona was the shy one anyway; it wasn't new. Yuri, however, rubbed Yoona's bare arms; a frown appeared on her face almost immediately when she noticed how cold Yoona was. 

Did this woman want to freeze or what? 

“Okay our flight will be in a couple of hours,” Yuri cut in, earning a surprised expression from her wife. She held the phone and smiled widely into the camera, “so we’ll see you when we land in California! See you guys!”

Before Yoona could even bid everyone goodbye, the camera was turned off and Yuri was sitting in front of her with annoyance written all over her face. Yoona furrowed her eyebrows at the look she was getting from her wife and she mimicked the way Yuri was sitting – cross-legged with her fists supporting her chin. The couple was practically having a stare-down in front of the cameras and the few cameramen who followed them here, regardless of the confused expressions they received.

“Yah, what is it?” Yoona asked with a pout, finally unable to continue this staring competition.

“Don’t you know how cold it is here? Your arms are freezing!” Yuri yelled accusingly, pointing at Yoona’s arms that were resting on her lap. She wasn’t done with her rant just yet, “I’ve told you before that you need to take care of yourself since the others aren’t here with us. You also know how blur I am, what if I can’t take care of you well enough?”

Okay when Yuri began nagging at Yoona, she didn't know what she was gunning for; definitely not laughter or even a smile but there Yoona was, smiling and trying to hold back her giggling from her. Yuri cocked an eyebrow this time and stared at her wife as the younger took some time to calm her own emotions down. It could be that Yuri was acting too much like an ahjumma hence the unexpected reaction but even so… Yoona was turning a little bit scary. She was showing no signs of slowing down her laughter and her hands were tightly holding onto Yuri’s, preventing her wife from going anywhere.

“Um… Yoong?”

“I’m sorry, Yul,” Yoona wiped her tears away from laughing too much; she stood up and wrapped her arms around Yuri’s waist, receiving a gasp from her wife. Yoona’s face was buried into Yuri’s shoulder, their bodies pressed together without a single gap. Yoona sighed contentedly into Yuri’s shoulder, “gosh, this is so comfy.”

Yuri faked an exaggerated gasp, “are you calling me fat?”

Another giggle left Yoona’s lips, this time accompanied by th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter