Chapter 20

We Got Married: YoonYul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 19

Yoona was lying on the bed with her hand holding the controller; she couldn’t stop smiling as she watched the replay of them getting married in front of everyone. She thought she looked terrible because of Yuri’s abrupt proposal and the tears flowing down her face but the video came out really well. On the other hand, Yuri looked like a practical goddess with how handsome she looked in her outfit and the entire scene looked like a fairytale come true. When Yoona was younger, she always wondered if she'd be able to be married well because of her background. 

What if she never got married? 

Or what if she left her husband like her mother left her father? 

“Aigoo,” Yoona moved to lie on her stomach and rested her chin on her palms, watching the video with one of the most beautiful smiles anyone had ever seen, “where is that monkey though?”

Yoona grabbed her phone from the bedside table and spread her long limbs out on the bed; she hasn't seen Yuri since she woke up this morning. And to think she was hoping for the two of them to wake up at the same time to watch the video together... Yoona sighed again. Yuri didn't even leave a note to tell her anything about buying breakfast or anything like that; it was only the first day of their honeymoon but Yuri was already missing in action. Geez, marriage life was so different from her expectations, Yoona thought as she dialed Yuri's number.

She waited for a while and a smile instantly appeared when she heard Yuri’s voice enter the receiver, “yes, Yoong?”

“Yah… it’s our first day together as a married couple and you’ve already left me alone early in the morning,” Yoona pouted as she hugged the pillow, “is this how a good husband is supposed to behave?”

Yuri was in the car alone but she couldn’t help but laugh aloud; Yoona was being so adorable, and vastly different from her normal independent self. She tapped her fingernails on the steering wheel and listened to Yoona complain about how she was supposed to be home and all; there were no complaints whatsoever. There was an odd sense of mild satisfaction despite the scolding she was receiving from her annoyed wife; she was finally feeling the fun anf lovely part of marriage life.

“Calm down, love. I’m coming back with some buns for you,” Yuri chuckled when she heard silence from the other line; her wife was only going to shut up in front of food. “Don’t do anything stupid while I’m gone, okay?”

“Yah.”

“Just kidding, love.”

Right after Yuri had produced that endearment, she hung up the call and placed a hand on her chest; her heart was racing frantically after calling Yoona that. She couldn’t help the goofy grin on her face though they were married; it still didn’t mean that Yoona liked to hear endearments like that. After all, there were only a few cheesy people among the nine of them; Yoona was not one of them, other than the few times she needed a shoulder to cry on.

Yet if only she knew how Yoona was reacting.

 

Yoona couldn't get out of her shocked state after hearing what Yuri just called her; Yuri had never really been so tender or lovey-dovey towards her back then. Yuri was always closer and more caring towards Jessica or Tiffany, most probably because they always looked at Yuri as a masculine figure instead. It wasn't difficult to see why but Yoona never really paid attention until the other members were busy sticking to Yuri whenever they could. As Yuri's best friend, Yoona felt extremely jealous but she couldn't say a word.

Afterall, she was the one who chose her ex-boyfriend over Yuri. 

 

Interview #18:

Q: You were a bit stunned after Yuri called you, ‘Love’. Were you scared off by it or were you merely surprised?

Yoona didn't even try to hide anything she was feeling; her expression had changed a couple of times in that short period of time already. She stayed silent and clasped her fingers together, hoping no one would misunderstand her reaction just yet. Despite the couple of controversies surrounding this reality show with Taemin and Naeun; Yoona wanted to keep it as real as possible and so did Yuri. They were casted in this show for a reason and it was to be sincere about it. 

A: It was more of happiness mixed with shock; because she has never really called me any of those even in the dorm. Yuri has always been closer to other members like Sica-unnie or Fany-unnie so it wouldn't be surprising. Now that we're married, I guess it's pretty normal... I'm waiting to be surprised again though. 

 

*

 

It took a while before Yuri reached home with a couple of bags in both hands; she had made good her word and brought back some food for Yoona. She knew she was going to have to make it up to her wife in a better way; perhaps by being Yoona’s slave for the entire day. That being said, Yuri laid down all the bags on the main table, frowning when she saw no one in the living room waiting for her. She had expected Yoona to wait for her but there was no one at all, not even a shadow of the woman.  

“Yoong!”

“WHAT!”

A grin immediately reappeared on Yuri’s face; it was so cute how Yoona would have responded in such an annoyed way. She took off her watch and socks before running up the stairs; Yoona’s sulking behaviour was a must-see. Yuri hasn’t run faster for anything before and it was starting to look rather comical, even to her. She reached the room door and lifted her knuckles to knock when she had another idea. Yuri took a deep breath and opened the door as gently as she could, tiptoe-ing her way into the room. 

Yuri clamped her hand over to hide her smile when she saw Yoona sprawled out on the bed, her eyes focused on the screen of the LED TV on the wall. She could lean on the wall and stare at the scene of Yoona admiring their footage forever; it was something she never imagined would be possible.

“Wife?”

Yoona’s ears perked up and she hit the pause button, squealing when she realised Yuri was in the same room as her all along. She buried her face under the covers, trying to stop blushing as much as possible. Even though they were married, there were still some things that didn't need to be said out loud; Yoona was going to be so embarrassed after this. She could feel Yuri trying to tug the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter