My Secret Santa

Secret Santa

            I was walking alone to my locker, I didn’t have any appetite to eat. I roamed around for a while and then to my locker, after this was Chemistry. I am not good in mixing chemicals or something that has to do with liquid. While I was looking for my note, I heard a groaned beside me. Like someone got hurt and the crazy thing was that I am alone, no one is wandering around where I was.

I closed my locker and saw someone lying there. “Yongguk, is that you?” I bent down to his level and almost touched him.

“Don’t touch me.” He demanded, angrily. I backed up, staring at him. “Just, leave me like this for a while.” He said.

“Why?” I asked, this was weird as I sat beside him on the floor. He looked like he could use a friend.

“Nothing, I just want to go back home.” He sulked. Then I remembered, he was new and he got no friends. Well, I am his Secret Santa and my duty is to make him happy, with a gift of course. Ugh, I don’t know.

 

           “Tough day?” I guessed. Eh, I knew it was tough for a first day kind of like I was in this school.

“Yeah, it’s hard and I miss my old school.” He closed his eyes.

“I get it, I was a transfer here too.” I tried cheering him up. He let out a chuckle. Apparently, students started coming in the hallway for their class. I looked over at Yongguk, his cheeks turned red. “I think it’s time for me to get up.” He stood up with my help and walked to his direction.

 

             That was great. Oh dammit! I forgot to ask him about the Secret Santa thing. I’ll just meet him up after school then.

I was about to go to class when Soyu, decided to grab my arm and dragged me to the library. “What is it?” I asked, intrigued.

“Who is your partner?” She asked, I wanted to say Daehyun but I couldn’t lie. I already had my first talk with the new kid, I glared at her. “My partner is Yongguk and I am his Secret Santa,”

“What? No kidding,” of course she wouldn’t believe me. “Wow, you’re not kidding. Okay, promise me when I am about to tell you this, don’t kill me.” She made me promised. “My partner is Daehyun and I am Hyolyn’s Secret Santa.” She grinned. Wait, she is teamed up with Daehyun? I wasn’t freaking out, I was actually fine with it.

“That’s great, I should get going. I have to go meet Yongguk.” I said sarcastically and nearly escaped.

“What? That new kid, seriously?” she sounded ecstatic, she held my shoulders and shook me.

“What? You’re the one who is responsible for the partnering.” I stopped her. She gave me that look, “Nope, our teacher was the one who put our names on the list.”

 

           I didn’t have anything better to say, I had to get out of there and meet Yongguk. It was a weird feeling, I have to meet that new kid whom I just met, well he literally bumped onto my locker and we talked for a while on the ground. There he was, Yongguk was walking alone at the side of the street. He was going to where I lived, I remembered I used my car going here. I hit my head and quickly ran to my car to pick him up.

I stopped beside him, “Bang Yongguk,” I called him. He surprisingly looked at me, “Get in, I have to talk to you.” I signaled him to get in. He was great, he didn’t asked any questions and just jumped in.

I drove us to my favorite Italian restaurant, I felt like having pastas.

 

          “Don’t be shy, you’re my classmate and a friend. Order something, I’m paying.” I shrugged and made him feel comfortable around me. He was quiet.

“Thank you, no one has ever treated me.” He finally said a word, or words. I felt like I accomplished something, like making a new friend that is not Daehyun. Okay, I know, I know I have to stop talking about him but I couldn’t! It’s torture!

“So, who did you get to be a Secret Santa to?” I asked.

“Can we tell each other? I thought we shouldn’t.” He seemed stunned, I laughed softly as I chew down another meatball on my spaghetti.

“We can because we’re partners, but if it’s too secret then you won’t have to. We can go out and buy a gift for them.” I said. Yongguk looked relieved, he rubbed his chest and continued eating his pasta. “What is your name?” he smiled.

“I totally forgot, my name is Min Gaeul.” I reached out my hand, he shook it.

 

         We spent the rest of the night getting to know each other, he turned out to be actually a great guy. Out of all the geeky-ness he was hiding, he showed me his true side, that fun, outgoing, funny, all smiles and with that deep voice. I didn’t regret him being my partner, also I wasn’t curious about his Secret Santa. But, I forgot that I was his Secret Santa.

 

To Be Continued~