Under the Mistletoe

Secret Santa

                   That night, I opened the gift that Yongguk gave. It was heavy, I opened the tape to find a mug. It was perfect, it says You’re The Sparkle In My Snowflake. I couldn’t wait to use it, I placed it on top of my coffee table and sat on the couch and took my phone out. I opened Line and pressed his chat, and then I stopped short. I changed my mind, I’ll just thank him in person tomorrow.

 

                 Weeks later, I spent more time with Yongguk. I thought that I would be lonely and just watch dramas on Christmas. Things seemed to turn around good, there was going to be a party going on during Christmas at the park. It wasn’t far from where I live. He asked me out!!

 

               The next day, I was getting ready for the party. I wore deer ears, red sweater, jeans and new boots I bought earlier. There was a knock on my door, I ran to open it and it was no one else but Yongguk. “Ready?” he asked as we linked arms to his car.

At the party, I noticed a lot of my classmates came. “Gaeul, Yongguk, you came!” Youngjae greeted us warmly. “Yeah, we made it.” Yongguk open his arms and put them around me.

“Gaeul, meet my Secret Santa, Himchan.” She introduced us. He doesn’t go to our class, it was cute seeing them together.

“Everyone, listen up!” Daehyun called for our attention, “Let’s play a game, whoever stands under the mistletoe will have to kiss when the clock strikes 12. Make sure to stay close to your partner.” He winked.

“Guess you and I have to stick like glue,” Yongguk said as he smirked. I playfully pushed him and he played with me until we bumped into Daehyun.

 

             “Hey, having fun?” He grinned, “Anyway, meet my Secret Santa, Dasom.” We introduced ourselves. I was happy for him, “That’s great, we all get to meet out Secret Santa.” I laughed sarcastically.

“So, it’s almost 11, I’d say we go out by the pool for a while and talk or anything you like.” Said Yongguk, I agreed and we sat by the pool. “Thank you, for everything.” That was random, it was like we were going to have a serious talk about something.

“What for?” I wanted to know.

“For being my first friend on my first day of school, shopping with me and letting me be in your car.” He chuckled. That was sweet, I recalled out first meet.

“You’re welcome, it was fun.” I grinned and rest my head on his shoulders. He leaned and placed his head on mine and it brought chills down my spine knowing that I’ve got someone with me during Christmas. If you were wondering, why were we by the pool when it was freezing outside and the pool must be frozen. We were in an indoor pool to be exact. “I like you, no, I love you.” He stared deeply into my eyes.

“I love you too, Yongguk.”

 

             We were about to kiss until Daehyun started calling us to see if we were standing under the mistletoe, I forgot all about it. I guess Yongguk and I weren’t standing under it.

Everyone started counting, it was 20 seconds to 12.

 

6… 5... 4… 3… 2... 1...!! Merry Christmas!!

 

“Hey, I guess we are supposed to kiss,” Yongguk smirked.

“We are not even standing under the---“ I looked above and saw the mistletoe. Okay, I was wrong. Yongguk grabbed my waist and kissed me passionately. Our first kiss on Christmas, it was amazing. The most memorable moment on Christmas ever!

 

         “Now, let’s go to your place and get things heated.” Yongguk winked at me repeatedly.

“What?!” I shoved him.

“As in we heat marshmallows and chocolates, drink hot cup of coffee and relax.” He winked.

Pheeww, I kind of thought dirty right there. How naughty of me ;P

Anyway, it was a simple Christmas to me that meant a lot. The great thing was, I get to do it with the man of my dreams.

 

Merry Christmas everyone~!! :3

 

The End.