Four

In a nutshell

Jongin didn’t care if he hurt Kyungsoo, if he hurt anyone but that didn’t mean he had to be around to witness it. If he did care, that would mean he liked him an inch. Kyungsoo probably won’t show his face to him anymore but the hobbit had proven him wrong.

 

He was deciding what hotdog he was going fill his sandwich with in a 7/11 store when he saw the hobbit starring at him. Kyungsoo was dumb. He was idiotic, why would he even follow him there? And wait was that Jongin’s shirt he was carrying?

 

“You forgot this.” Kyungsoo told him, arms stretched out. “10 pm. Don’t be late or be late whatever just come.”

 

Jongin debated internally, convinced himself how Kyungsoo’s mind may had been programmed differently. He blamed his school, a brainwashing establishment that sought to conform what shouldn’t be thrown at conformity.

 

“It doesn’t change a thing Kyungsoo, whether I come or not. I can’t be your boyfriend.” Jongin needed to emphasize what he wasn’t in Kyungsoo’s life.

 

“Then don’t be. Prove to my friends that you’re not a hallucination then go home to your dog. Or whatever it is that you do when you’re not ing me.” He stared at Jongin, restrained anger palpable in his voice.

 

“Why? What is it that you want to prove to them because you ing don’t have an obligation to please these people. If you want to be friends with them, you don’t need a human accessory you don’t need any accessory Kyungsoo. You don’t. You go out there, soul bare and they need to freaking accept what they see.”

 

“I had you for that.” He was looking at the floor, when he stared up at Jongin his lips were pressed into a thin line. Kyungsoo stepped forward, placed the hem of Jongin’s shirt over his head and pulled down. He inserted Jongin’s upper limbs to the shirt’s armhole one after the other. “There, keep a shirt on. See you on Friday. Bye Jongin.”

 

Jongin stood there, no longer half . He still had a hotdog to eat.


 

The whole ordeal spelled complication. Jongin decided that he would not go from the moment Kyungsoo bid him goodbye. There had to be something wrong with Kyungsoo. Monggu wasn’t doing his job as a distraction.

 

His door rang, in came Sehun. Pink tinged cheeks, he reeked of cheap liquor and forgotten regrets.

 

“I didn’t know that I invited you over.”

 

“You quitted. Is this how we’re going to be? I give you something, you throw it away whenever you want?”

 

“You’re drunk. The last time you came to me drunk—“

 

“I lost him. You did this to me.”

 

Jongin sighed in defeat; there was no success in reasoning with a drunken Oh Sehun. Sehun was already snoring on his wooden floor. Jongin kicked him in the shin, forceless. “At least decide if you hate me or not.”

 

He thought of Do Kyungsoo, probably all moppy and pathetic and dumb waiting for him. Sehun could drag himself to the couch if he sobered up. He could spend the night on his cold floor, Jongin didn’t care. He had a hobbit waiting for him in the Shire.

 

Do Kyungsoo was one big liar. Unless his definition of small get-together meant the opposite but then Kyungsoo was dumb to begin with. In the sea of bodies, Jongin drowned. How long would it take before hypoxia took over? But alas, a savior came in a plain loose white tee and skin tight jeans. Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up as he bounced his way to Jongin, annoying individuals who he bumped along the way.

 

“Tell me your name.” Arms landing at Jongin’s broad shoulders.

 

“Kim Jongin. You forgot?” He said confused.

 

“See Minseok! I told you he isn’t a hallucination.” Kyungsoo shouted at a chubby cheeked male behind him.

 

“I stand corrected. You were right; he looks like he could kill someone. I’m Minseok.” He stretched out his hand. Jongin was reluctant to take it. “Kyungsoo was right, you are odd or was it rude.” He stomped away from them, enveloped by someone in the sea of people.

 

“You can go home now Jongin.”

 

“I just got here.”

 

“You want to stay?”

 

Kyungsoo never got his answer; he was pulled by Minseok and someone not much taller than the two. Hobbit friends with more hobbits.

 

Jongin found himself being swallowed back at sea. An uneventful night, he was anticipating something, anything from Kyungsoo. He didn’t anticipate to be sent back home. He had anticipated a hot make up session or even a peck would do but here he was, about to enter his house. His dog barking from the inside, he was glad he at least had Monggu now.

 

“So that’s your dog huh?”

 

Jongin’s heart leaped in surprise; if he had listened to the voice, he would have anticipated it’’s second leap. It was Kyungsoo who stood where Jongin wanted him to be and at the same time not.

 

“I already told you that you’re a creep.”

 

“I heard the first time and yes I followed you home. Give Lieutenant Beth Davis a call I don’t care.”

 

“We are not in L.A”

 

“Did you need a map to figure that out?”

 

“You’re dumb, so dumb.”

 

Kyungsoo shoved Jongin aside as he welcomed himself to his home. Monggu barked at Kyungsoo, Jongin picked him up. Kyungsoo was about to pet him when it growled.

 

“Just like you.” He looked up at his owner. “I’m sleeping here. Your bedroom must be upstairs.” Jongin followed suit, trailing behind Kyungsoo. He should be angry, he should drag him out of his house but the way Kyungsoo swayed his hips dried up his anger. Kyungsoo found his way to his bedroom; he tossed his jeans into the floor before diving beneath the covers.

 

“Good night Jongin.”

 

His couch was taken by Sehun, on his bed laid Kyungsoo. His memory took him back when his house contained more than one soul. He wouldn’t be surprised if he would find it a little more empty later on.

 

Jongin woke up beside Kyungsoo, he never liked sleeping in the floor. He owned the bed, if Kyungsoo insisted sleeping on it despite Jongin’s bedtime so be it.  Kyungsoo must be warm, he never got to find out because the hobbit scooted across the bed as if Jongin had some disease of some sort. He sat up on bed, he shook Kyungsoo awake. When he realized that it was futile, he stopped and starred at the sleeping hobbit. If he was tiny, awake he looked even tinier asleep.

 

“Why are you so dumb little hobbit?”

 

“I’m studying in a uni.”

 

“Education and intelligence are at the opposite side of the scale. I still don’t want to be your boyfriend though.” It was early in the morning, Jongin knew that it would ruin Kyungsoo’s mood but it was true. He will never be his boyfriend.

 

“Look at the floor Jongin, that’s my heart under your feet after you took it out and decided that it wasn’t enough so you stomped on it. I still need it, no matter how dysfunctional you made it to become.”

 

“Your words are premature, your actions are premature. You are a premature person.”

 

“And you’re a menopausal baby. I don’t give a about prematurity of words or action because I don’t know how to determine the right time to say it. So I say it when I feel it. I like you, I’m not leaving anything out. You said it yourself; If you want something then work for it. I’m not like you Jongin, I can’t construct a decent sentence that could weaken your knees while looking at you straight in the eyes. The best I can come up with is plain and simple “I like you” and I’m not staying away just because of rejection.”

 

Jongin couldn’t conjure words, Kyungsoo drained his energy like no other. He irritated him like no other. Perhaps Kyungsoo’s so called failure for sentence construction was rubbing off him.

 

“Jongin always had a knack with stubbornness. I suggest you keep it up, you--------- premature person.” It was Sehun, standing against the doorframe. Jongin forgot about the drunken bastard who crashed in his couch. Kyungsoo rose from the bed at the sudden intrusion.

 

“You cheating bastard.” Kyungsoo shoved Jongin to his bed.

 

“I’d rather cheat with you though. Maybe Jongin here could watch. He has a kink for that.” Sehun stared at the male in Jongin’s bed, he chuckled at how he manhandled Jongin.

 

Jongin stood up, not liking where the conversation headed. He ushered Sehun out of his house. Sehun told him that he was happy for him. He watched Sehun until his back disappeared into a corner. Right, as if Sehun had the capacity to feel happy for someone, for Jongin exclusively. He closed the door; Kyungsoo stood there, his arms folded across his chest.

“You want me Jongin, your words say you don’t but your actions show otherwise.”

 

Here he goes again, Jongin chanted on his mind. If he knew, Kyungsoo would be this persistent he would have shut his mouth on that bus. Getting involved with people’s business was trouble.

 

Kyungsoo ate his breakfast. He drank from Jongin’s white mug. He had to order Kyungsoo to clean up just to spite him, hoping he had better things to do than hang out in Jongin’s house. He watched him like a hawk, from eating to cleaning up to watching TV. He watched him bathe in his tub and rummaged through his closet for some clothing that fitted him. Jongin’s phone rang in the background, probably from work that he quitted. Kyungsoo complained that he should at least turn it off it he did not intend to pick it up. Jongin ignored him, mostly because it annoyed Kyungsoo. He likes an annoyed Kyungsoo, the annoyed part not the hobbit himself.

 

Kyungsoo refused to leave over the weekend. Jongin had enough of his whims and laziness. It was Sunday night when Jongin asked him when he was planning to go home.

 

“I think I’m going to stay here for awhile and act all wifey on you.”


Happy Kim Jongin day ^^

Jongin the bi polar mess.

Am i alone or this or does anyone else see Jongin as simple, like vanity doesnt shape and faze him?

I celebrated Kaisoo day with kaisoo fics, Kaisoo angst fics. I regret nothing.