I learn...

The Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'We were in love,

we just didn't know'

 

'No, not like that! Back straighter, chin higher, I want you oozing elegance' Raksha said. It's easier said than done Soah thought. She had officially began her week of triaining and just and hour into it was making her tired. Raksha wanted her to have an aura of elegance, of mystique and it was something Soah found hard getting. A child who had never questioned the world back was being asked to act like she owned it. Nevertheless she tried to attain what Raksha wanted her to.

'Yes, yes. You're getting it now but try harder' Raksha says and walks out the door. Soah finally gets rid of her rigid posture whivh seemed to be killing her back and neck. She was in a room Raksha called the training hall. More like the torture hall Soah thought. It was medium sized hall and every wall side had a different theme. One side occupied a huge table that consisted of various makeup items, the second side had clothing racks with expensive dresses, the third side being a sort of makeshift parlour for hairdressing purposes and from the fourth wall a giant runway that ran through more than half of the room. Soah couldn't understand why all this effort was put into es and they were just thought of as something low.

'Ahem..' Soah turned to the source of the voice and sees him. Kris.

'So how's it going?' he asks. The fluttery feeling in her stomach stops her from answering but she pushes it down.

'It's hard, no.. it's horrible. I can't even adjust my posture properly.And I don't get it, why are they spending so many resources on me. Aren't I just a product?' Soah asks.

Kris seems thoughtful. 'No. You're not just a product. You're a person. A girl. And you probably deserve it after going through all kind of that brought you here. And also you are not going to be a e, you're going to be an , a high class one and that's one of the reason why why you're being spent on' 

Now Soah is thoughful. She never thought she would be spent on for no matter what reason. She's not sure whether she should feel grateful or not. Another question enters her mind.

'Wait, aren't you my mentor? Why is Madame teaching me all of this?'

He walks forward until there is no more than an armslength distance between them.

Kris smirks. ' I teach more specific things, don't worry you'll start my classes with 3-4 days.'

Kris knows he's playing with her but he can't help but think what he feels right now is real. Suddenly he pushes his hand forward and tucks Soah's hair behind her ear while bending down towards her. He would've gone forward with what he had planned if he hadn't felt her tense. At that his mind tells him to stop. He collects himself and without another word walks out of the room. She is dangerous, stay away his mind tells him whereas his heart goes in a completely opposite direction.

Soah is confused. One second he was so close to her and she could read his eyes and the other second he completely withdraws from her. His moodswings were indecipherable she concluded. She thought...well she thought they were going to kiss. Not that she wanted that. Or maybe she did....

Raksha walks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter