I'm introduced...

The Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Some things are too broken,

they are rare but they exist

and they cannot be fixed'

 

It's raining again Soah notices. She is surprised she noticed. Going through the same thing again and again she had hoped she'd become immune to it. But life seldom goes the way we want it to. Along the footpath upon the sidewalk sits a small huddled being, shivering and drenced in rain. It's a sight that would evoke pity and sympathy but the bearer has long forgotten what human emotions feel like. Soah watches the cars swish past her not even giving her a turned glance. She sees people in these cars . Some look happy, some sad, some intriguing, some angry and she wonders whether she ever looked that way. She's very used to people walking past her pretending she doesn't exist and that is why she is a bit shocked at seeing a car stop in front of her and seeing someone step out and walk toward her.

'.....hey you' Soah finally pays attention and hears. She looks up. It's a man. A well dressed man and he is talking to her. She forces herself to pay attention and hear past the splatter of rain on the asphalt. 

'I'll get to the point, are you looking for a job?' he asks. Soah doesn't respond but continues looking at him, trying to decipher him. She notices the golden brooch on his tie, the money in his hand and the glint in his eyes. Suddenly his question clicks home. She understands what he means by 'a job'. He wants me to sell my body Soah thinks. She had recieved such offers before but always declined. But now in the cold rain with nowhere to go she thinks it's better to be alive than dead. She looks up and nods.

He smiles and hooks her arm with his and open the car door to let her in. She gratefully accepts and gets in drinking in the warmth of the car. The man sits in the car, revves up the engine and starts speeding away. Soah knows this is wrong. But life had put her into such a corner and she was determined to get out of it. She expects it'll be easy, not more than a couple hours job. She had met some es along her life and though it may looked like they suffered they also got paid for it. She was determined to do the same. She looked out the window dreaming of a slightly brighter future. Little did she know she had made one of the bleakest choices in her life.

'We're here' she hears the man say. She pays attention to her surroundings while getting out of the car. She sees a house , a gated one. She looks questioningly at the man. He refuses to look at her and walks through a gate. Soah follows suspiciously. They enter a huge room and now everything gives the feeling of .... a brothel. Smoke from incense sticks swirls around, red chinese lanters are lit up. onimious shadows f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter