Old Friends

LUCY

It had been a long day of work, Yunho was ready for it to be over. He was tired and a bit hungry. But once he saw the smiling face of his little girl, he forgot how tired he was. Lucy came running to him from the school. She was enrolled in the after school program so he could work full time and get paid for his hours. He knelt down and held out his arms as Lucy came running into his arms.

"Appa! Appa I missed you!" Lucy was so happy to see her appa after a long day of learning and playing with friends. He smiled at her as she told him everything that happened that day. How they learned to count to 10 and that her friend in school jumped off the swings and landed on his feet. She even told him how one of the kids didnt understand why her hair was blonde and not black or dark brown like everyone elses. Yunho listened to every word, knowing that his baby girl loved to tell him everything. It seemed that her day was as normal as it could be for her. It was better then the first time she was there. She would come home crying everyday. The kids made fun of her and picked on her cause she was different. That time was stressful for both of them. For Yunho he felt heartbroken when he came to find his baby was being teased at school and he couldnt fix it. But now things were better. She was loving school. Getting along with the other kids and actually had friends. It was a relief that things were getting better.

The two of them walked home, Lucy still telling him about every detail from her day at school. Sometimes she repeat herself just to be sure she had told him everything. Yunho didnt mind. It meant she enjoyed herself. They finally reached home, Yunho taking off his jacket and helped Lucy with hers before she ran off to the tv. She loved watching the tv cause she could see the characters from her cartoon show. Yunho looked in her bag to find a letter from the teacher. He opened it up to see that the teacher was impressed with Lucy's fast ability to learn and how happy she alway is. Yunho was grateful to Lucy's teacher since she helped them out. Yunho then turned to the kitchen to start making dinner. He looked in the fridge to find they were low on some of their groceries and he knew he would have to pick some up tomorrow. As Yunho was about to given and make the cheap chiken nuggets for their dinner, there was a knock at the door.

"Appa! The door! Someone's at the door!" Lucy called, making sure he knew. Yunho smiled, there was no way he couldnt have heard it but it was nice knowing that she wouldnt open the door if he didnt notice. Yunho went to the door to anwer it to find an old friend. There stood Kim Heechul along with Lee Donghae carring food. Yunho smiled at his two friends he had not seen in some time. He let them in as Lucy caught eye with Heechul and Donghae!

"Ah... OPPAS!" She came running to them, giving them her love with hugs and kissed. They both knelt down to her level, giving her the biggest hugs they could give her. She hadnt seen them in months since the last time they came to visit. Yunho was thankful to them since they seem to come barring gifts for them each time they visit.

"Why do I get the feeling that you guys know when I need something?" Yunho jokingly asked. Heechul stood there with his very sarcastic self and replied.

"After growing up with you and knowing what it was like living with you once before, its not hard to figure out your daily patterns." Yunho laughed seeing that Heechul could read him like a book at times. Lucy grabbed Heechul's hand and dragged him infront of the tv so he could join in on the fun, singing the songs with her. And he did with no fuss. It seemed at times Heechul was a child at times more then he was an adult. Donghae patted Yunho on the back seeing how much he admired what Yunho had done.

"Who would have thought that you would be raising a kid already?" Donghae and Yunho laughed and went to getting dinner ready on the table.

After eating dinner, Yunho went to tuck Lucy into bed but not without reading her favorite story, sleeping beauty. After reading the book he found her sound asleep. He smiled, leaning to kiss her forehead as he made sure she was tucked in. She was so adorable and just the sweetest thing. He couldnt imagine his life without her.

"Goodnight princess!" He whispered before he left her in her room sound asleep to join his friends who awaited his return. Donghae and Heechul looked as their friend returned.

"I see she isnt fighting you with bed time anymore." Donghae stated. Yunho nodded, grateful that she had finally given in to his assigned sleeping schedule for her.

"Yes, she use to fight me till the morning. But she finally started sleeping when told about a month ago." He explained as he sat back down at the dinner table with his friends. His friends and him talked for what seemed like a few hours. They caught up on how their lives had been since Yunho dropped out of college. It seemed that the two of them were doing good. Yunho was jealous at times but when he looked at the pictures of his baby girl on his wall, he realized he had no regrets.

"So what brought you guys out here? I know you guys dont live in this area so there has to be a reason." Donghae and Heechul looked at one another then back to Yunho. They sighed knowing it wasnt going to be easy but they needed to do this for him.

"Yunho when was the last time you got out of the house?" Donghae asked.

"When I took Lucy to school and I went to work!" He explained.

"No! We mean when was the last time you went out to have fun? You know, some you time." Heechul expressed. Yunho thought about it. It had been so long. He could guess maybe two years.

"I guess not anytime this year." He answered.

"We were afraid of that." Heechul sighed.

"Well I guess that leaves us no choice. This weekend we are going out!" Without even asking, Heechul began making Yunho's plans for him. Yunho shook his head.

"I can't guys. As much as I would like, Lucy..." Donghae inturpted Yunho as soon as he mentioned Lucy.

"We have already got a babysitter lined up for Lucy, so you wont have to worry about that." Donghae shared with Yunho.

"But I cant afford to go out and have fun for a night, nor less a babysitter."

"Not to worry. We are paying. You need not to worry. We have everything under control." Heechul and Donghae made sure that all their bases were covered and Yunho had no choice but to accept their proposal. He did need to have sometime away from the house and he knew he would have to give Lucy some space without him to prepare her for when she is older. So he agreed to their terms, they would go out that weekend for boys night.