9. A Trainee's Christmas

On Christmas...

This chapter was actually written some months ago... (October), but because I don't have time writing a complete new chapter I am going to use it

 

------------------------------------------------------------

SUGA'S POV

 

Christmas. The day when people gather to celebrate and have fun together.

But not for me. Or should I say not for Trainees?

It was the 24th December, but why was I still sitting in the practice room?

It was quiet. Most of the trainees already went home. To sleep.

Christmas... does or CEO even understand the meaning behind that? At least he should make a dinner outing for everyone.

But no, every year is the same. It has been 3 years since I entered through Hit it. I could still remember his words, he said back then in my audition:

"Hitman Bang introduces, Hit it the 2nd audition. Dominate your opponent with rapping, dancing, or sing-"

Aish.. that old man... Just for one day, I want to go home...

But the company says no. next year I may be able to debut. And till that happens, it means: Practice, practice, practice.

Why do I feel so sad about that? Last year, the year before, I slept through Christmas...

But now, I am fully awake. I sighed and played some music through the boxes.

 

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart,

but the very next day you gave away,

This year to save me from tears,

I'll give it to-

 

I stopped.

 

Aish...

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUNGKOOK POV:

 

"So, you can't come home?"

 "Don't think so... our CEO said we have to practice."

 "Where are you right now? Are you eating well? "

 "I'm in the Trainees' dorm... yeah I am eating well.."

 "It's the 2nd Christmas now... Everyone worries and asks about you, you know?"

"I know, I know, but I can't come. Say Merry Christmas to everyone from me"

"Are you gonna hang up?!"

 "Yeah, teacher is coming soon, because he checks if everyone's out already. I actually should be on my way to the practice room...so...bye! And Merry Christmas!"

"Eh?! Jeon Jung-"

 

 I hung up and sighed.

 

I took my hoodie out of the closet, took out my bag, which is next to my bed, wrapped a scarf, which probably wasn't even mine, around my neck, jumped into my old sneakers and went outside.

My name is Jeon Jungkook, or Kookie how everyone calls me. I am a 9th grader and right now. Every day is getting more boring for me. It's Christmas and outside you can see many people buying presents during last-minute-sales. I want some too. But no. No presents. Not even hot chocolate, because of our diet.

I'm 16! I still have to grow! Stupid Company.. but still, I want to be a singer and have to go through all this things.

I sneezed. It was colder than I thought. Gonna catch a cold sooner or later and my vocal teacher is going to get mad at me because of my bad condition. Slowly, I made my way to the practice room, but stopped when I saw a cat.

It was freezing. Poor thing.

I changed my plans and went to it.

It was snow white and very small. Did it lost its way?

"Hey, are you lost?" I whispered. It looked at me with fear in its eyes and flinched.

"I'm not a bad person, don't worry" I said and smiled. "Come here" I held out my hand.

It waited for a bit but slowly started coming closer. I caressed its back carefully.

"Poor you... here, I give you this" I took my scarf and wrapped it around its body. "Don't you dare to catch a cold" I said and laughed.

Was the cat smiling? Cute. Before I was able to say anything, my phone rang. The cat squirmed and ran away. With the scarf. Wow, thanks. Now I am gonna catch a cold and gonna get scolded by some guy, who owned that thing.

Annoyed, I picked up my phone.

"Hello?" "HELLO?!! ARE YOU KIDDING!!!?! JEON JUNGKOOK! TO THE PRACTICEROOM. NOW!" Our dance teacher. "Ok, ok, I am on my way" I hung up and went towards the building some  blocks away.

 

"Where were you?"

 "I...I just... I am sorry" I bowed. If I said I found a cute little cat and wanted to play with it, he would start with his usual moral again:

"This kids these days. Can't concentrate on their job. I already said it, too young to take things serious."

"It can't be accepted, Mr. Jeon. You are always late. Not even giving an proper excuse. Now, change clothes and come here. In 5 Minutes."

The other trainees looked at me. Some with a sympathetic look, some with an totally annoyed expression. And some were whispering things like:

"Ah, the maknae. He is a 9th grader, you know?"

"He is the youngest, but thinks he can do better than everyone"

"Always late. And he thinks he'll be able to debut?!"

"Always. Teacher is always going easy on him. The other trainee, who came back late, got kicked out after 2 days and he...! Teacher is so unfair, just because he is good at everything."

I nodded to the teacher and slowly made my way to the changing room with a lowered head.

 

I hate it.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAPMON'S POV:

Ugh.

Christmas.

It's the day that all trainees waited for, because they thought the CEO let us go home.

But today during practice:

"So, everyone, I have news to tell you all: Today, because it's Christmas, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to go home. Next year some of you are going to debut. So please practice, practice and practice because many of you are lacking in some ways".

Sighing, and naggings filled the room, after he left.

 

---AFTER 2-3 HOURS---

"Practice is over. You can practice by yourself now" Teacher left the room. I put on my jacket and went to the studio.

The CEO let me make some songs here. The only place where I can find peace for myself.

I stared at the display, where actually Lyrics should stand.

The CEO said, I should write a love song or something related to the topic 'LOVE'

But, how, if we can't go out.

We can't date because of our debut. More like WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DATE.

They even separated male and female Trainees' rooms.

I should give up. I'll never be able to write good and cheesy Lyrics.

And they say 'Idols are getting married'

Shut up to all who said that.

 

I looked at my phone.

23 messages.

12 missed calls.

 

FROM: MOM

Namjoon-ah, how are you?

Are you going to come home?

 

She even sent a picture of everyone sitting in the living-room.

They looked happy. Why Can't I be happy too?

I looked outside the window. It was snowing. No, that wasn't really snow. It looked more like dirt.

Why? Why am I so unlucky? Why does fate hates me so much?!

F**k it...

I slowly typed an answer and started to stare at the display again.

Lyrics....

 

 

 

TO: MOM

I miss you.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JIMIN'S POV:

"No, No, No! You all are doing it wrong again. Left and then right. Not the opposite. And you have to listen to the rhythm! We have practiced for weeks now and nobody from you is able to do good!

And you, Park Jimin, stop smiling. You may did everything correct but remember that dancing is about feelings, so stop with that sloppy arm moves!

Ok. Everyone to their position. Start the music!"

 

1 hour passed, 3 hours passed, 5 hours passed... or did 6 hours already passed?

5 or 6 hours and the same song plus the same choreography filled the room.

I was already sick of it. Why should we practice the same dance, if we always do something wrong, which isn't even wrong?! Some people can't dance really well, please understand that, teacher!

 

"Ok. This was everything for today. Continue to practice on your own. The next day after tomorrow I will take a look again"

"YES!"

And as he went out the room, everyone got livelier again.

 

"This teacher... I hate him!"

"It's too tiring and he acts as if this is sooo easy"

"I have practiced this song for 2 years now, but why does he kept on pointing me out?"

"I don't think I will stay here. It's too much. Better staying at school"

 

 I wiped my sweat away and went out.

I made my way through the practice room and looked through the windows to see if he was here.

I passed every room until  I heard some music playing.

Was that...? Last Christmas?

Suddenly the song stopped.

 

I went to the room I heard the music from earlier coming from.

It was dark in there, but I opened the door.

"Hello..?"

I whispered.

 

No answer.

 

I looked around and was about to become an heart attack, when I saw somebody sitting at the corner of the room.

I went closer to see, who was sitting, more like sleeping, there.

 

 

He.

 

"Hyung?"

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JIN's POV:

Kim Seokjin, aka. Jin. Trainee and taken. Right now, I am in an not so good situation.

 

"So, you mean, it's over?"

"Yes...I'm sorry" I lowered my head.

"W-Why? Am I not good enough? Are you embarrassed by me? Or.. did you chea-"

"NO! I... I..You know, I am a trainee now and-"

"So you are telling me, that you are breaking up with me, because your stupid- company is telling you that you can't date?!"

"..." I nodded slowly.

 

The sound of her hand against my cheek was loud. It will probably stay red for quite a long time...

 

"."

 

She left.

 

"So did it go well?" I turned around. A staff from the company. "Yes.."

"Good. What's with that face? You are going to get over it. Come on, you have to practice"

I nodded and went into the building.

 

Kim Seokjin, aka. Jin. Trainee and single, because I just broke up with my girlfriend, after 1 and a half year.

 

I didn't really wanted to, but yesterday, one of the staffs asked me, if I had a girlfriend, to which I said yes. She got angry at me and said I should break up with her for the companies sake.

And I did. Because I want to debut soon.

 

Sad, depressed and full of worries I went through the halls.

When...When will I be able to date again? Probably not sooner or later.


'What are you doing today? Are you free tomorrow?

Why I ask you this?

Because I have fallen for you,

 

Your perfect hair,

Your perfect face,

Why are you so overly perfect?

 

When I think of you,

I can't help but smile widely.

When you walk past me

and I smell the scent of yours,

I am just... going crazy.

 

I can't help it, but fall for you,

I want you here next to me.

to cheer me up, when I am sad

To make me smile, when I am mad,

 

And every time, we both walk together,

I want everyone to see at us,

that you are mine, mine, mine,

And that our love will forever shine

 

 (Wow, it took me 30 minutes to think of some cheesy love lyrics, but in the end I failed...)

 

I went closer to the room and saw Namjoonie, sitting at his desk.

Is he busy?

I opened the door.

"Sorry, but I am busy right now, please come back later when you need- Jin-hyung? Why are you crying?"

I shook my head and went towards him.

He stood up and opened his arms, in which I literally jumped in.

"I....I.. b-broke u-u-up w-with...her..."

"You...what?! Why?"

Before I was able to answer I cried. You can't really call it 'Crying'. More like a mix of Shouting and screaming plus tears.

"Wow, wow, wow, hyung calm down" He patted my back.

 

 

but,

 

I couldn't.

 

 

I couldn't stop crying.

 

I am sorry,

Namjoon-ah

 

for crying on your t-shirt till it got wet T.T

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V'S POV:

"Hey, you! Aren't you a trainee? Back to the dorms, NOW!"

I flinched.

Did he talked about me?

I slowly took more steps forward the door

"I said stop!"

He meant me.

 

Sh*t.

 

 

"Kim, Taehyung, right?"

I nodded. "Yes.."

"So, you were trying to sneak out again, huh? It's the 3rd time this week."

"I'm sorry"

"Not 'I am sorry' If you want to debut here, then you should practice now."

"Hmh..."

"What did you say?"

"Yes..."

"Ok, now, go practice."

 

Kim Taehyung. That's who I am. It's Christmas and I promised my little sister to come home.

 

FLASHBACK:

"I decided"

"And what?"

"I am going to Seoul. I am going to audition."

"What are you talking about?"

"I want to be a singer. It's my dream. Dad will support me. You should too"

"Mom? Oppa?"

"Oh, Minah. Mom and oppa are busy now. Oppa wants to go far away, but Mom doesn't want that, you understand?"

She turned around to face me and asked "You..are going away?"

"N-No... I...", I looked at my mother and then to my sister, "I will be away just for a short time. Whenever you miss me, I will be by your side, ok?" I smiled at her and she nodded.

 

"ok...."

 

FLASHBACK OVER

 

Weeks later, I left Daegu and went to Seoul. Minah called me often, saying that she missed me, but I wasn't there. She cried a lot. I promised her to come when its Christmas.

But, always  when I am about to run away, somebody sees me and I am taken back to the practice room

 

 

 I went to the changing rooms, because I had to do dance practice.

I looked around to see, if any staff was here and took out my phone. Slowly I pressed the numbers.

"Hello?"

"Minah, it's me, Taehyung."

"Oppa!"

"I...I am sorry to tell you this, but I can't come home today evening"

"But, you promised..!"

"I tried, but the company doesn't let me go"

"Why?! But, But..!"

"Sorry, Minah..."

"..."

"Minah?"

"I hate you" She hung up.

 

I stared at my phone and remembered that a friend of mine, who helped me, sneaking out, was still waiting for my reply. I typed something to him and put my phone back.

 

I sighed and changed my clothes.

Right at the moment the door opened and another trainee came in. He was holding his phone, but I couldn't see his face. He seemed familiar

He didn't seem to notice me, because after he hung up, he started crying.

 

Should I try to cheer him up?

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J-HOPE'S POV       

 

"Enough for today" Teacher clapped his hands and everyone fell on the floor.

I have to admit it, true It's tiring, but when I think about being able to debut, I suddenly get all the energy back.

 

"Hoseok, where is Taehyung?"

"Kim Taehyung?"

"Yes. He has practice now and the other teachers are looking for him."

"Uh.."

"You know where he is?"

"N-No... I haven't seen him since we arrived here"

"Ok."

 

That was close. Taehyung is my best friend and since he promised his sister to come back today, he tries to run away.

"Just for one day" he has begged when we asked the CEO, but he said "no" firmly and strict how he always was.

Poor Tae...

So, today in the morning, I acted as if Tae was there, when he was actually on the way to the station. He said he will text me, if everything went fine. But 30 Minutes passed now and no reply yet. Should I call him?

 

After I packed my things and asked the teacher if I can go home earlier today because I was 'feeling sick', I went out.

I slipped my phone out of my bag and saw a message:

 

FROM: Tae-Tae

Failed..

 

I snorted and put my phone back to its place.

 

Did it got colder today? Man, I shouldn't catch a cold now..

While walking down the street to our dorms, I saw many people, either they were buying some things or were just chatting. They looked really happy.

Suddenly someone shouted "It's snowing!"

I looked up.

Wow, it was really snowing.

The sky was filled with white dots and little kids were screaming things like "OMG, it's snowing!" "Mommy look, snow!" or "This is the best Christmas of the year!" "Mom, hurry up, dad and the others are waiting!"

The last sentence broke my heart and I regretted not being able to be with my family. I really missed them.

I walked around and stopped at a toy store. I bought a teddy bear and went to the dorms.

The other trainees, who already finished practiced looked at me and then to the bear. I shrugged and went past them.

It's was clear that in the next days everyone will talk about me like "I never knew Hoseok liked children stuff" or "Eww, Hoseok and toys? seriously? Isn't he already out of that children phase?!"

I sat down on my bed and called my mother.

 

"Hello?"

"Mum? It's me, Hoseok."

"Oh, Hoseok?!"

"Yes" I smiled at her reaction.

"How are you? Are you doing well? You know that everyone, most of all your little brother, are worried about you not calling"

"I know and I am sorry"

"Don't be sorry, son... Is everything going well?"

"Yes. I will debut soon, so don't worry. And since it's Christmas I am going to send you something." I patted the bear's head "It's really cute"

She laughed and I suddenly felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Mom? Who is it?" I heard someone saying in the background.

"It's your hyung. Do you want to talk with him?"

"Hyung?"

"Yes, it's me"

"HYUNG!!!!" I laughed.

"Why aren't you here? It's Snow-time!"

"Christmas. It's Christmas" I corrected him

"I am sooooooo lonely without you~"

"I miss you too..."

"Hyung and you know, the day before we went to buy presents for everyone! It was really cool! We have a new mall and you-" he stopped.

"Hyung, why...why are you crying?"

I didn't realized that the tears, which had formed before rolled down my cheeks. "I...I-I'm n-not"

"You are. I can hear you crying"

"It's ok. I just miss you all. A lot"

"hm...We miss you too"

"OK.. I-I have to h-hang u-up now. C...Celebrate happily. M....Merry Christmas to you all..."

"Ok.." "Bye" "Bye! But, call us back soon"

I hung up.

 

 

Hopefully, Christmas will end soon.

 

-----------------------------

NEXT => Neo (VIXX)