Chapter 5

Jealous yet?

-Chapter 5-

The walk down the cafe was unusually quiet and awkward. Once they were seated at their usual table, Suga decided to break the ice that had never there before, "How are you and V?"

"Oh, we're super happy! Things are great! We always have so much fun together!”, she said a little too chippy and a little too quickly. “How are things with you and Sori?"

"Sori? Oh, we’re good."

Narae could tell something was bothering her best friend by the way he fiddled with his fingers and refused to make eye contact. "Hey, what's up with you? You know you can tell me if something is wrong."

Suga looked up and his shiny eyes met Narae's surprised ones. She could feel her face start to burn. With his heart beating quickly and his face flushed, Suga threw his body over the small café table, kissing Narae right on the lips. After relishing in the moment for a few seconds, Narae reluctantly broke away.

“Suga?” Narae couldn’t help but smile a little bit. She was confused, but also pleasantly surprised.

Suga blushed and looked away. "Hold on a minute." Ruining the moment completely, he pulled out his cell phone and made a phone call to someone. "We have a bit of a complication,” he said into the receiver. “Come to the cafe right now." Within five minutes, an amused Sori and bewildered V come through the café doors.

Sori swiftly pulled up a chair and said "Ha! I knew you would be the first one to snap!"

"What?” Narae asked, puzzled.

“Would anyone care to explain?” V asked, impatiently. It was bad enough that his rare moment with Sori was ruined by a phone call; one could only imagine his rage when he was dragged to the café.

"Okay I'll explain,” Sori said to Narae, laughing. “So this is actually kind of embarrassing, but Suga and I teamed up to try to make you and Taehyung jealous because I knew I would never get a chance with him and Suga knew that you would probably say no to him. We also wanted to see if you guys had any feelings for us. So we devised this plan to get you guys jealous. It’s crazy, right?" The air was suddenly filled with her nervous laughter as she read the looks on V and Narae's faces.

"What the , guys? That was very cruel and yes, crazy," Narae said while looking at the two con artists with judging eyes.

V, looking relieved, said, "Thank God you're not dating him because now you're mine." He laughed as he hugged Sori.

Meanwhile, Suga looked anxiously at Narae for some sort of reaction.

"What the were you thinking? Do you know how much anxiety you caused me? I WORE TAEHYUNG'S SWEATER. WE BOUGHT COUPLE CLOTHING. I DON’T WEAR STRIPES AND HERE I AM, WEARING STRIPES…and I did it all for you, so I hope you're happy," Narae shouted as she crossed her arms in mock annoyance.

Suga smiled as he took in what Narae said. “You did it all for me,” he said, paraphrasing her rant. If Suga knew Narae at all, he knew that she couldn’t stay mad at him for more than thirty seconds. He could tell by the way she was trying to conceal her smile that she was already coming around. An idea popped into Suga’s mind, causing him to get up and walk over to V. Wrestling to take V's shirt off, a smile crept up Narae's face.

"What the hell?" V asked, shirtless. He felt a bit awkward sitting in the café half , but Sori didn’t seem to mind.

"I don't appreciate you being all ‘matchy matchy’ with my girlfriend", Suga teased. "And by the way, don't ever touch her again. You should be happy I didn't break your fingers off."

Narae watched as Suga slipped on the navy and white striped shirt then sat back down. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Narae took a second to appreciate her life, everything is perfect, Suga is perfect. Narae’s blissful moment was quickly ruined as she remembered that she too had some explaining to do.

“So guys, listen, this may also sound crazy, but Taehyung and I only went out to get you guys jealous…. Also, Sori, Taehyung has a bunch of fangirls. Better watch out for them”, Narae teased as she sipped her tea.

“Oh what? Really?”, Sori asked, looking at V with a questioning face. V nodded in response and hid his face in embarrassment.

Narae directed her attention back to Suga and noticed that he was still bothered by something. She touched his hand, causing his head to snap up. “What’s wrong?”

Suga looked straight into Narae’s eyes and said, “You never call me by my first name. Why him? You don’t even love him.”

Narae was very thrown off by this question, “what do you mean? I've always called you Suga. I thought you liked being called Suga?" What the hell is going on?


 

"You never call me by my real name, my given name,” Suga looked down at his hands and started to fiddle with his fingers again. "To tell you the truth, I'm jealous, okay? I don't care if others call me Suga, but with you it's different. Can you...say my name? My real name? Just once?"

Narae paused for a moment, I NEVER call him Yoongi. She considered just sticking with “Suga”, but she could tell that Suga was being sincere so she did what he asked, “Okay, Yoongi.” His name came out awkwardly at first, but she liked the way it sounded. I could get used to this.

Suga smiled as he heard his name come out of . He hugged Narae from across the table, nearly knocking over her tea, and blushed. "I didn't expect this to be so cheesy but...Would you... do me the honor of making me your boyfriend?"

Narae laughed at the astounding cheesiness of it all and said, "sure." She had never seen this side of Suga before and didn’t realize he could be so hopelessly romantic, but it was endearing and she liked that. Suga smiled and was about to say something else before V interrupted.

“I’m still shirtless and cold here”, V shouted, trying to cover up his body by engulfing Sori in a tight embrace. Sori immediately froze, she was being hugged by her very attractive, half boyfriend after all.  

Suddenly, a bunch of fangirls who heard what V said ran into the cafe, offering him their shirts. As the cafe quickly filled with loud, obnoxious fangirls, Sori attempted to fight them off. “Get away from my boyfriend!” she shouted as loud as she could, but the fangirls were too loud and her voice got lost in the crowd. Suga took this opportunity to escape with Narae through the back door of the cafe to a more quiet place. This would be the first time in a long time that the two best friends could be alone together, but this time they were more than just best friends.