Chapter 4

Jealous yet?

-Chapter 4-

 

Narae and V sprinted down to the store; they wanted to turn on their couple charm as soon as possible. Unfortunately, their trip took a little longer than expected. Narae had forgotten that V always attracted a ton of attention whenever he went out because of his irresistible looks. This normally wouldn’t have been so bad if V was able to ignore the compliments and go on with his day, but instead, he constantly ate them up and stopped to talk with every girl that was nice to him.

"Taehyung, you know that Sori is not going to appreciate that, right?" Narae asked V once the fangirls went away.

"Yeah, that's why I'm going all out while I can," V said while waving to his fans.

“Does that mean you’re not ready to commit to a real relationship?”

“No…..”

“Then, ignore them and let’s go. Time is ticking.”

Finally getting to the store, Narae and V grabbed the first pair of matching shirts they saw and cut the entire line leading up to the cash register. Narae handed the cashier a large bill and yelled, “Keep the change!” as they rushed out of the store. It was important that they got to the park immediately. On the way to the park, Narae and V slipped on the matching navy and white striped shirts.

"What do we do in front of them?" V asked as they jogged across the street.

"Oh, we could just do typical couple stuff such as holding hands, giggling, smiling a heck load... Why don't we get them really annoyed by walking beside them and violating their privacy? You know, just step right in between them!"

V laughed and said, "Okay if you think that will work."

They slowed down their pace and walked down to the park all while practicing cheesy couple things. Other pedestrians looked at the ‘couple’ approvingly; they must have been convincing. When they got there, V saw Sori and Suga sitting on the grass. Suga had his arm around Sori’s shoulders and she had her head resting on his shoulder.

"I think I see them" V said in an annoyed tone.  

"Oh hell no", Narae said as she grabbed V's hand and marched over to the disgustingly happy couple. They purposely stood in front of them, blocking the sun.

"Oh hey guys!” Narae said cheerfully as she pressed her body against V’s, placing her hand on his chest, and smiling up at him. A little shocked, V caught on and played along, placing his arm around her and returning the smile. "Funny seeing you two here! We were just out on a walk, you know, staying in shape as a couple, isn't that right, V?"

V nodded his head while Narae continued. "Is it okay if we sit with you guys? We're kind of tired from all of the walking."

"Yeah sure," Sori said with a hint of confusion in her voice. Narae could tell that Sori was annoyed with her and V for ruining her quiet moment with Suga, but that only made the sabotage taste sweeter. V and Narae squeezed in between them, making sure that Narae got herself situated right next to Suga and V next to Sori. They began to do all of the cute couple things that they worked so hard on perfecting.

"This is nice," Narae said cringing a little. Perhaps this wasn't the best idea... Although Narae was primarily focused on Suga and the way his flawless skin glowed in the sun, she had to pretend to be more interested in V while doing 'couple stuff'. Pretending that V was Suga helped a little bit, but it was still too weird.

“This better work,” Narae whispered quietly into V’s ear. “I swear if I have to ruffle your hair one more time…” She let out a small giggle as if she were saying something endearing, that way the others wouldn’t get suspicious.

“I know, right?” V whispered into Narae’s ear, catching on. “I don’t think I can put up with you messing up my hair anymore," V giggled mocking Narae as she shot him an annoyed look.

 

V and Narae decided to quit the act for a bit and give in to their secret temptations by focusing on the people they actually cared about. Narae and Suga had conversations about nearly everything while they were sitting there in their park. He had been spending so much time with Sori that the best friends needed to catch up. Being with him like this reminded her of why she fell for him in the first place. God, he was just perfection.

Of course V went and interrupted the perfect moment. "She’s so perfect isn't she?” he asked as he kissed Narae on the forehead. Everyone quietly stared at V for a moment, all with pain in their eyes, but each for a different reason.

Suga broke the silence, "Yeah, she is, so you better take good care of her. Otherwise, I will hurt you, and I'm not kidding."

"Uh, Suga calm down, I think you should be more worried about taking care of your own girlfriend." Suga and Narae directed their attention to Sori. "Look, she's all alone. You’re being neglectful. Get your over there."

“No, I’m actually fine over here,” Sori started. “I was having a nice conversation with Taehyunggie until—“

"Whoops", Suga said, cutting his girlfriend off and ignoring what she had to say. He got up to join Sori's side, gold chains clanking as he moved.

V whispered into Narae’s ear, "I think it’s working. What do you think?"

"Yeah, I think so. Suga seems pretty jealous, but what about Sori? We have to get her jealous too... or at least falling for you."

"What do you suggest we do? It doesn't seem she gets jealous that easily."

"Then get her to fall for you! Hang out with her, take her out somewhere, or just spend some quality time with her. I know you can get her to like you. How about I pull Suga away to go to our favorite cafe and you can have Sori all to yourself in the park?"

V looked down at his hands, "I don't know. Maybe she only thinks of me as a friend and nothing else. I'm probably already friend-zoned."

"Pull yourself together!" Narae said pushing him lightly but, hard enough to let him know she wasn’t ing around. "Get yourself in there and show her that you're a great guy. Sing her a song for God's sake, you have an amazing voice."

Narae watched V walk awkwardly over to Sori. She suppressed a laugh and looked over at Suga. Taking a deep breath, she walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He looked up at her and smiled.

"Do you want to buy me some tea?"

Suga laughed and said, "Sure."

Before leaving, Suga walked over to Sori and pecked her on the cheek. Narae felt her face get hot, just as it always did whenever he touched Sori.

"I'll be back okay?"

Sori nodded her head and returned to the conversation she was having with V, who was staring Suga down for touching Sori.