Chapter 3

Jealous yet?

-Chapter 3-

 

"Plan? Plan for what?" Narae was intrigued.

Noticing Narae’s curiosity, V smiled and said shyly, "I don't know if you know this, but I really like Sori and I know you like Suga. I mean, it’s pretty obvious; by the way you always look at him and stuff. Like always. My God, its so obvi –“

“Enough!” Narae exclaimed cutting V off, cheeks aflame with embarrassment. She didn’t need to be reminded of her feelings for Suga for they already made themselves known. “Where are you going with this?”

“Well, I was thinking that we could unofficially get together to make them...jealous perhaps?" A mischievous smile spread across V’s face.

"Oh Taehyung, I'm not sure if this will work,” Narae said as she started to reach for the doorknob behind her, but before she could leave, bits and pieces of how lovey dovey Sori and Suga were being just moments ago suddenly flooded into her mind. Filled with rage and disgust, she turned around with a smile just as mischievous as V’s and said, “Hey, let's do it anyway." This plan may actually work.

"Thank god", V said, releasing a breath he was holding. "Okay so, what do we do now?"

"Oh, uh, I thought that you had a plan.” Although the tone in her voice said that she was shocked, Narae really wasn’t surprised at all; V typically did things halfway and always expected her to finish up. Yet again the brains of the operation, Narae proposed an idea, “Why don’t we just announce that we’re in a relationship? We can get couple clothing!" Narae didn’t plan on holding back. It’s all or nothing.

V smiled again and said, "That's a great idea, let's do that! Should we announce it tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but it might seem sudden, we would need a background story..."

"Do you want to stay over tonight? We can plan everything together so tomorrow will be flawless."

"A night stay…” Narae smirked, “That would make people rather suspicious...let's do it."

Narae and V stayed up most of the night plotting and planning. Narae was definitely going to make Sori suffer after what she had done. Seeing me with Taehyung will ruin her, Narae thought to herself as she practiced intertwining her fingers with V’s. Although no one could have feelings as intense as Narae’s for Suga, Sori’s feelings for Taehyung were rather strong. I could very easily destroy her life, and I think I’ll do just that. Of course she didn’t tell that to V or else he might call off the plan, thinking Narae was a psychopath or something. Sometime during the night, Narae must’ve fallen asleep because the next morning, she woke up in V’s bed, wrapped in his strong arms. Narae didn’t remember when or how they fell asleep and started to panic. , what happened last night? “Taehyung, wake up.”

Through half squinted, sleepy eyes, V calmly explained to a panicking Narae that he simply didn't want to leave her sleeping on the floor so he moved her over to his bed. Then admittedly added that he also didn't want to sleep on the floor so he just slept next to her. V had to reassure Narae several times that nothing happened before she was able to collect herself. Back to her normal, scheming self, Narae had a question, “Would you mind if I called you Taehyunggie?” She felt awkward asking because she knew ‘Taehyunggie’ was reserved strictly for Sori, “It would make us more convincing,” And totally drive Sori over the edge.

“Sure,” V said, still half asleep. “So, what’s on our agenda today?’

"Well, why don't we go eat something first? I’m really hungry. Do you think Sori and Suga are eating together now? We should find them and ruin their breakfast..."

V sleepily nodded his head in response and exited the room. Narae also got up and realized that she was wearing yesterday's clothes. She grabbed one of V's sweaters and changed her hairstyle. Narae always wore the same jeans and shoes anyway; no one would even notice that she didn't change. Hopefully V doesn't mind that I'm borrowing his sweater. She smoothed a black pullover that read “palm tree” on the front over her stomach. Narae exited his room and made her way towards the kitchen. Get ready to have your day ruined, Sori.

 

As soon as Narae walked into the living room, she saw V and Jin singing a duet while Suga and Sori sat on the floor, eating breakfast.The moment V saw Narae, he stopped singing and they exchanged good mornings. Jin gave her a once over and recognized the “palm tree” sweater immediately. Initially, he was a bit shocked, but then giggled and gave V a little shove.

Ignoring the shove, V exclaimed, "There she is, my new girlfriend!" He ran up to Narae and gave her a warm embrace as he whispered "play along" into her ear.

She knew exactly what to do. “Taehyunggie”, she said, making sure Sori can hear her loud and clear. As she pulled back from the embrace, Narae ruffled his hair, and giggled. She smiled oh-too-sweetly at Sori and Suga and shot a mischievous glance at Jin before heading to the sink for a glass of water. She felt extremely daring and nervous. Narae could feel Sori’s eyes burn holes through her back, signifying that she still felt something for V, even if it was just a little bit. Things are about to get a lot more interesting.

Outside of the kitchen, Narae could hear V talking to Suga and Sori about how this all came to be. Afraid of V being left to his own devices, she went outside to join the conversation. Throughout the whole time, Narae felt her that heart grew heavier and heavier as she sat there watching the happy couple across from them. She constantly had to think about the how Sori will suffer to keep herself from breaking down. After what seemed like an eternity, Sori and Suga announced that they were leaving to the park.This made Narae especially upset. But.. that was our thing…. Narae turned to V and her sad eyes met V’s jealous and frustrated ones. "We need to turn on the couple charm, V said, clenching his hands into a fists.

"Then we need to get couple clothing! Why don't we pick up one basic item and meet the 'happy couple' in the park. We can make them suffer in jealousy."

Desperate V nodded his head and then asked, "Where do we even find that?"

"Oh I saw a clothing store down the block. Let's go, and don't worry, I'll pay for it. We can just get a shirt since our pants are the same color anyway." She gave him a hopeful two thumbs up and a weak smile.