Happy Thanksgiving

Love Marked into Her Heart

            Mark arrived at an apartment complex. It was so weird. All of a sudden, Got7 was called for a last-minute party with the staff, and for once, Mark was the last one to get ready, so his manager, Seunghoon hyung, stayed behind with him at the dorm as the other members rushed to Heewon noona’s house for the congratulatory party without them. As Mark was getting out of the car, he turns around and asks Seunghoon if he was going to join the party.

            “No~ I have other things that I need to do…,” Seunghoon pauses to find an excuse. “Just call me when you guys want me to pick you up! Have fun!!”

            Mark scratched his as he walked toward the apartments and looked at the slip of paper that had Heewon noona’s address written on it. Seunghoon hyung NEVER misses their parties… He shrugged and found the apartment where the said party was supposed to be held. Surprisingly though, when he got to the front door, there was no loud noise coming from inside the apartment. He rang the doorbell and waited patiently.

            Mark heard footsteps coming closer to the front door, and the door opened suddenly. A huge aroma of food was detected by his nose, and a party popper burst open. Someone yelled out “surprise!!!~”

            “Happy Thanksgiving, Mark~” Mark heard and saw his angelic Michelle beaming in front of him and gaped at her. Is this real life? Before any other words were exchanged he walked forward and crushed her in his embrace. Tears began to form in his eyes. “You’re here… you’re really here…” he whispered as he held her tight and touched her hair.

            Michelle was a bit surprised at how Mark had reacted to this situation. She patted his back and replied, “Yeah… I’m here with you, Mark… And I won’t be leaving anytime soon.” Tears started to form in her own eyes as Mark began to cry. “Hey… Why are you crying?” Michelle tried to talk without getting too emotional herself. Michelle attempted to loosen herself from Mark’s embrace so that she could look at his face, but he was not ready for that and only held her closer to him.

            When Mark stopped crying, he pulled away from Michelle a little and bought his lips to her forehead. Michelle closed her eyes in bliss, but when she opened them, she avoided Mark’s gaze. Mark smiled and gently tilted her head up so that he could see her face. “Sorry… that was unexpected for both of us…” Mark’s heart beat quickly. His apology only made Michelle blush even more.

            Awkward silence surrounded them until Michelle broke it. “Come in!” she let him take off his shoes and put on slippers before leading him to her dining table. Mark saw a feast set on the table for the two of them and felt extremely grateful. He just remembered something though.

            “Why didn’t you tell me that you were coming to Korea earlier than you had originally intended??” Mark asked with a frown.

            Michelle’s smile faltered. “Sorry… It was a last minute decision to move here before Thanksgiving. The plane ticket was surprisingly cheaper than the one I bought before for after the holiday, so it was a spur of the moment decision. My family was really sad when I informed them of my final decision because I wasn’t going to spend this Thanksgiving with them. Plus, I wanted to surprise you…”

            Truthfully though, Michelle felt bad for Mark having spent all of the previous Thanksgivings by himself. Every Thanksgiving, his family, friends, and she would think of how Mark must have felt lonely, while everyone else was able to spend time with their family and friends during this holiday, which is why she decided to go to Korea earlier. So that Mark would at least be with a loved one for this Thanksgiving.

            Before Michelle even let Mark respond, she pulled him over to sit down at the table as she sat across from him. She couldn’t tell how he felt or what he was thinking about her explanation. “Are you mad at me?” Michelle asked worriedly.

            Mark gave her a genuine smile and shook his head. “No, I’m not angry at you. I just wished that you would’ve told me earlier so that I would know, but we can’t do anything about what has already happened.” He continued to smile and put his hand over hers, “I’m just really happy that you’re here.”

            Michelle was relieved and smiled back at him, “Me too.” After a pause, she asked, “Are you ready for your first Thanksgiving dinner after so many years? This is my first time cooking most of a Thanksgiving dinner.” She gave him a playful smile, and Mark laughed.

            “Bring it on! I might be lenient towards my grade for your cooking since I haven’t had a Thanksgiving meal in so long.” He gave her a wink. He pulled her arm to him and said, “Sit closer to me. I need to cherish this moment.”

            Michelle laughed and sat at the seat right next to him. “Happy now?”

            Mark nodded.

            After they said grace together, they started to fill their plates. Mark put a huge spoonful of Michelle’s favorite mashed potatoes on her plate.

           “You’re going to make me fat!!” Michelle whined.

           Mark pinched her cheek, “I don’t want you to starve though~”

           Michelle stuck her tongue out at him. “I need to lose weight…”

           “If you need to lose weight, then go work out!” Mark retorted.

           “I’m too lazy though…”

           Mark shrugged, “Nothing that I can do about that.” He stuck out his tongue at her this time. “I’m just making sure that you eat well.”

           “Oh!!” Michelle exclaimed. “I almost forgot!” she rushed to the kitchen and took out two bowls to pour some soup in them. “Your mom made this soup especially for you~ I know how much you miss it, so I brought it over,” Michelle beamed at Mark.

           “Thank you…” Mark replied gratefully as Michelle set the bowls down in front of them.

            “You’re welcome,” Michelle returned his gratitude. “You need to eat more too, okay? You have been way too skinny lately.”

            Mark nodded and gave her a hug.

            After dinner, the two had a lot of fun washing the dishes together and ending the day with cuddling on the couch and catching up with each other. Mark felt so blessed to have the girl whom he loved to be in her arms after so long. He remembered two years ago when Joey and Michelle had messaged him on Thanksgiving, “reporting” to him what was going on at Michelle’s house when her family had invited friends over to celebrate the holiday together.        

            Michelle sent Mark a video of his nieces tackling and dominating over Joey by pinning him to the ground. “I give up!!!” Joey yelled. “I surrender!! Now get off of me, Kylie and Leila!!” “This is what happens when your nieces grow up, and your brother is the only boy they can currently bully.” Michelle texted Mark. “Happy Thanksgiving =] We miss you.”

~*<3*~

             Joey had just opened his mouth to ask Michelle if she wanted to join in with the older “kids” for a game of Mafia but Jeffrey beat him to it. In fact, Michelle and Joey didn’t see Jeffrey in a long time, and even in Joey’s eyes, he became more attractive and mature. Michelle said that she was fine and might join in a later round, since she was playing with Kylie and Leila. Joey noticed the slightly disappointed look on Jeffrey’s face and watched Jeffrey smile as he saw Michelle take care his own nieces.

             “I’m pretty sure that Jeffrey has a thing for Michelle, Mark,” Joey texted Mark.

             Mark texted back. “I’d rather you not tell me about these things.”

             Joey smirked. His older brother was probably sulking right now. It was amazing to see how much Michelle affected his older brother’s mood (Although others could say the same to him about Andrea). “Whoops! Sorry, I forgot,” Joey cheekily texted back.

             “Yeah, right. Just go back to your game.”

             “Yes, sir!” before Joey put his attention back to the game of Mafia, he glances over at Michelle, who was keeping his nieces company. They absolutely adored their Auntie Michelle and were having a great time. Joey smiled because he was at ease and finally went back to the game.

~*<3*~

              One thing that both confirmed that night was how thankful they were for each other and the fact that their feelings had not changed since Mark left for Korea seven years ago.

 

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving to my readers/subscribers!!! This story is just from my imaginations; however, please do not expect me to update regularly. I had time since it is Thanksgiving break, but I hope that you all enjoy the first chapter of this fanfic (that I will hopefully finish sometime). Also, I apologize ahead of time if i have any grammatical errors (my grammar is not that great, and I am a new author). =] Thanks for reading and give our boy Mark and Got7 lots of love!!!~