Cute Hugs!

His Notes

 

I finished off my plateful pretty fast, I was a bit embarrassed that I pigged out that fast while I was a guest. I looked up and smiled.

“That was delicious! Thank you very much!”

I turned to look a Zelo, he was almost finished too. Then his dad spoke.

“If you’re still hungry, you can grab seconds.”

“Really? Is that ok?”

He smiled.

“As long as you eat it all up, I won’t be upset darl!”

Zelo had finished his plate, and I was about to stand up when he did and grabbed my plate for me.

“How big a serving do you want?”

I smiled and sat back down.

“Medium size please…”

He smiled and walked behind the counter to serve us some more seconds.

“Tell me, Kristen was it? Why are you so hungry? I’ve never seen someone eat more than me since my wife was pregnant!”

Everyone had a giggle. His dad was so cool. I felt really at home with this family.

“Well… my mum spent all the money we had on alcohol, and she wouldn’t let me eat anything… I’ve been starving all day…”

His jaw dropped.

“She spent ALL the money on alcohol?”

I nodded shyly. Zelo walked back to the table and handed me a filled plate. He put extra chicken on for me. Argh, he was so nice!

“Yeah dad, I was shocked too! I don’t know how you lasted the whole day without at least fainting…”

I got a bit shy.

“Well… we don’t really have that much money at either house, so there isn’t much food anyway… I’m used to being hungry, but going the whole day without food was the last straw for me…”

Zelo’s hyung had been quiet the whole meal, he looked like he wanted to ask me questions, but didn’t want to offend me. But he put down his fork and started to ask me some questions as politely as he could.

“So… you didn’t have much food to begin with, then you had to go without so you ran away?”

“Yeah…”

“Is your mum a drunk?”

I nodded.

“Hey, we shouldn’t pressure her to answer personal questions, she has only just eaten…”

“No, no! It’s ok… I can tell you guys what happened if you want…”

Zelo’s dad had finished his plateful, and intervened our conversation.

“I think you’ve been through enough today. We don’t want you feeling upset again tonight.”

“Ah… Thank you sir…”

He started to laugh a deep and fatherly laugh, I liked it. I had never known that a family could be this much fun.

“You don’t have to call me sir, I’m no knight! You can call us Mr and Mrs Choi if you like.”

I smiled and finished off the rest of my plate.

“And I propbably won’t answer to ‘master Choi,’ so just yell ‘hey you’ or whack me for attention… or just pester Jonghong!”

I laughed a little with everyone else. His brother was cool.

“But seriously, pester Jonghong first… if he’s being stupid, I’ll come beat him up for you.”

“Haha… Thanks… I don’t think you’ll need to beat him up though…”

We talked a little longer, and I even got thirds! I was so happy and full. Then Zelo’s dad and brother excused themselves to go off and do studies and work. It was just Mrs Choi, Zelo and me.

“So Kristen, we’ll have you stay here tonight, ok?”

“Thank you so much! Are you sure it’s ok?”

Zelo nodded and smiled at me with his mum.

“Yeah Kristen! We’re not going to let you talk to crazy people in front of shopping centres!”

We giggled, and Mrs Choi was left outside the joke.

“Well… Do you think you’re up to school tomorrow Kristen?”

I went serious. Tomorrow would be Wednesday, I didn’t know whether I would want to.

“I don’t know…”

Zelo pouted at me.

“Do you need to go to school at all? I’ll stay home with you if you don’t…”

God his pouting face was adorable! I tried so hard to contain the inner fangirl, but then I remembered that I had a text I had to read from before my shower.

“I’ll just check my phone to see if dad can come get me sometime this week.”

They both nodded and walked to the lounge as I made my way to Zelo’s room. I knew dad wouldn’t be able to pick me up, he was at the job interview. I just wanted to see what mum had said.


 

6:57

 

Kristen where are you? You were supposed to be home two hours ago! You had better come home soon, and I’m picking you up from school tomorrow too, useless !

 

No no no no no no no no no…

“Mrs Choi!”

I ran to the lounge, and Zelo and Mrs Choi were standing up about to run to me.

“What’s wrong?”

Mr Choi had come out with Zelo’s hyung to see what was wrong.

“Mum just said she’s going to pick me up tomorrow… she never usually does… if she finds out I’m here I’m going to get in so much trouble!”

I was panicking… actually more like already panicking and about to hyperventilate.

I was trying to breathe, but Zelo sat me down next to him on the double couch.

“Calm down a little Kristen, you’re scaring me!”

He was really scared, and so was I.

“What is your mother like when she’s drunk?”

I looked up at Mr Choi when he asked me that. Everyone sat down and waited to hear my answer.

I took a moment to calm my breath, and when it had settled a bit, I spoke.

“She is nasty. Nastier than she usually is. She makes me do all the housework, and when she is drunk she’ll demand I do it better and faster. She doesn’t finish her sentences all the time, and if I interrupt her or talk back, she’ll hit me or throw something on the floor…”

Everyone was schocked. I was used to the bad treatment, but it was obviously worse than what I should be dealing with. Zelo wrapped his arms around my shoulders as I bowed my head. He grabbed my good hand and intertwined our fingers too. My heart was racing and I just started smiling. It was a good think my head was down, so they didn’t notice how I smiled dorkily when he hugged me…

“So your mum threatens you by throwing things on the floor when she’s drunk?”

His brother was in disbelief.

I nodded.

“Is that how you burnt your hand…?”

Zelo’s nervous voice was the cutest thing! But I had to focus on what he said, not how he said it.

“She told me to make a cake, and we didn’t have some stuff, so I went out to get some. She was probably drinking in the other room while I went out, and when I came back after you guys dropped me off, she was really drunk and started yelling at me for taking my time to get home. I started making the cake, and while it was cooking I started on the dishes, and I had music on. She was yelling at me, and she yanked my earphone out and yelled at me louder. Then she grabbed one of the plates and threw it on the floor. I had shrunk away in the corner next to the oven, and I jumped when it smashed, and my hand hit the oven…”

Tears started rolling down my face, and everyone was plain horrified.

Zelo rubbed my arm and squeezed my hand tightly, but still softly. I got the biggest butterfly in my stomach and I thought I could’ve just about died in happiness!

“Well… it’s settled, you’re staying home for the rest of the week with my wife! Possibly even the weekend to. You don’t need to go through that…”

“Oh, please don’t have me if I’m going to interrupt your week…”

“Kristen! Why do you always do that?”

I turned to look up at Zelo. He was starting to tear up too. He was cute when he was mad!

“Why do you always find a way to blame yourself so you don’t bother other people? I want you to stay, I don’t want you to go to a bad place like that!”

He was shouting, and usually when people shouted at me, I got really scared. But, he was so cute while he was upset… his beautiful eyes tearing up, and his face in a distressed pout! Argh it was killing me! But other than that, I was actually happy to be yelled at this time. He was actually trying to say something to me, not just yell because he was angry.

“This kind of behaviour is unacceptable! Your mother should be better than that…”

Mrs Choi just couldn’t believe another mum could be so heartless. I couldn’t believe she could be so welcoming. Zelo’s hyung stood up, and grabbed a box of tissues for me.

“I think we should tell the police… her mum needs to be sorted out…”

“No! Please don’t get her in trouble…”

“Why not? She needs help from a rehab!”

I stayed quiet for a moment. I could say it was because I loved her, but that wasn’t true. I was really just afraid that I’d have to deal with dad and his girlfriend. I didn’t like that he was seeing other people, he started seeing her a few weeks before the divorce.

“Why don’t you want her to darl?”

Mrs Choi was so comforting. She was an amazing woman.

“I don’t want to go to dad either…”

I started to cry, and Zelo let me put my head on his chest. It felt so strong, I secretly wanted him to just rip off his shirt so I could see how hot his abs were. But I was too upset so I just cried into his chest.

“We’ll do something for you Kristen…”

Mr Choi and hyung walked out and let us three just have a moment.

Mrs Choi put her hand on my shoulder, and said the kindest thing in the world.

“I know you don’t really have a family to go home to, so just think of us as your family ok?”

Zelo squeezed me tightly, it was amazing!

“We can stay home together for the rest of the week… ok…?”

“Mmmm…”

Oh my god Kristen! You weren’t supposed to moan! You were supposed to politely agree… but Zelo’s tight embrace was so warm and strong…

“Well, you two had better get to bed…”

My mind started to race with dirty thoughts when Mrs Choi said that… No Kristen! Stop it!

“Yeah… come on Kristen… we can stay up late and talk if you want…”

That sounded fun. I wiped my eyes and stood up slowly. Zelo kept held of my hand and walked me down the hallway to his room. We both sat on the bed, and Mrs Choi stood in the doorway for a moment.

“You look after her tonight, ok Jonghongie…”

“Mum…”

“Sorry, I forgot you don’t like being called Jonghongie!”

She was teasing him. I looked up and smiled. Jonghongie! That was so cute!

“You’ll be staying home, but I’ll get the school to give you guys some homework ok?”

“Aw, mum! Really?”

“Well, depending on how it all unfolds when I tell the police tomorrow, she might have to stay next week too.”

That sounded nice! A whole week and a half possibly spent just cuddling up to Zelo, or Jonghongie! Hee hee!

She left, and it was just us. Zelo got up and the desk lamp and turned off the lights. He came back and sat next to me again.

“So, are you feeling ok?”

I took a deep breath.

“I dunno… it’s all so much for me to take in…”

“Do you wanna talk about it? We can talk about something else if you to…”

I smiled at him. He had a half smile on. It wasn’t a full on bright smile, but he wasn’t quiet pouting either. He had cute little dimples though!

“I think I’d like to talk about something else for now…”

“What about?”

“What do you like?”

His face lit up. He started to talk about how he really loved soccer, and that he wanted to be a soccer player when he grew up. But his parents had said no, so he focused on dancing and studies… I was listening to him intensely. He was so happy to talk about himself, it was adorable. I fell into a trance as I gazed at him, trying to alternate where I looked so I wasn’t going to zone out and look creepy.

But suddenly he stopped.

“Am I boring you?”

“No! Not at all! It’s refreshing to hear someone so positive about their life!”

He chuckled a little, and then he got up and turned out the light.

“Well… goodnight Kristen!”

“Oh, aren’t I sleeping on the floor?”

“What? No! I am, guests get the comfy sofa bed, and girls get the bed!”

“Aw… thanks Zelo…”

I heard him get into bed. He was so nice!

“Do you wanna talk more?”
“No, you sound tired…”

“Ok… if you need anything, just ask…”
“Thank you… goodnight!”

“Night night!”

I started to nod off, and fell into a dream.

I was at school with Zelo, we were about to walk home. Then my mum came and snatched me away. She stole me and took me back home. She said that I’d have to stay home for the next week, and do chores. She was drunk, and she threw things at me, then she said if she caught me talking with Zelo again, she’d send me to a boarding school.

I woke up breathless. It was horrible, I felt horrible. Then I heard Zelo sit up.

“Kristen? Are you ok…?”

“Sorry… I just had a nightmare… I didn’t mean to wake you…”

“It’s ok, are you alright? Do you need some water?”

“No… thank you…”

“Ok… just try to sleep again, ok?”

“Ok…”

I laid there and twiddled my thumbs for about twenty minutes. I couldn’t get back to sleep. My mind was racing. I really just wanted a hug.

“Zelo…?”

He sat up abruptly. It was so cute how he was really making sure I was ok.

“Yeah? What’s wrong?”

“Can I…”

“Yeah? What do you need?”

“Could you come and give me a hug?”

“Of course!”

He slowly climbed up onto the bed with me, and we hugged sitting up for a moment. It was about a good twenty minutes, then he spoke quietly.

“Do you feel better?”

“Yeah… Thanks…”

“I’m going to go back to my bed now, ok?”

“Ok…”

I heard him crawl off and go back to his bed.

“If you need anything else, just wake me up, ok?”

“Ok…”

“Night night!”

“Goodnight… Jonghongie!”

I giggled to myself as he sighed.

I soon fell asleep again, but this time I didn’t have a dream. I was glad that I didn’t have a dream, it couldn’t turn into a nightmare. It was one of the best sleeps I had in years, and I got a cuddle with Zelo too! Ahh… now just to find a way for him to let me touch his abs… I know he has them…

 

<><><> Zelo’s P.O.V. <><><>

 

I made my way through dinner, but Kristen was already finished! Poor thing, she was so hungry.

“That was delicious! Thank you very much!”

She turned and smiled at me. At least she had colour back in her face, she wasn’t going to faint anytime soon!

“If you’re still hungry, you can grab seconds.”

“Really? Is that ok?”

Dad smiled.

“As long as you eat it all up, I won’t be upset darl!”

I had finished my plate quickly, I wanted seconds too. She as going to stand up, but I took her plate for her.

“How big a serving do you want?”

She smiled and sat back down.

“Medium size please…”

I smiled, I knew she was probably hungry enough for a big plateful again.

“Tell me, Kristen was it? Why are you so hungry? I’ve never seen someone eat more than me since my wife was pregnant!”

Everyone laughed, I smiled to myself. I was the baby when mum was eating heaps.

“Well… my mum spent all the money we had on alcohol, and she wouldn’t let me eat anything… I’ve been starving all day…”

I looked up, and dad was shocked. I knew already, but it was really upsetting her mum was like that. I decided to pile extra chicken on Kristen’s plate, she needed chicken to fill her up!

“She spent ALL the money on alcohol?”

She nodded, she went all shy too. It was kinda cute…

I walked over and put her plate in front of her. Her face lit up when she saw the extra chicken, she started to dig in straight away.

“Yeah dad, I was shocked too! I don’t know how you lasted the whole day without at least fainting…”

I looked towards her when I said that. She stayed quiet and ate her food.

“Well… we don’t really have that much money at either house, so there isn’t much food anyway… I’m used to being hungry, but going the whole day without food was the last straw for me…”

I looked up and saw hyung staring at me. He lifted his eyebrows at me. Ugh! He was going to tease me, he saw me staring at her… I glared at him to say ‘don’t think about it,’ then he asked Kristen a question.

“So… you didn’t have much food to begin with, then you had to go without so you ran away?”

“Yeah…”

“Is your mum a drunk?”

She nodded. It looked like she was about to cry.

“Hey, we shouldn’t pressure her to answer personal questions, she has only just eaten…”

“No, no! It’s ok… I can tell you guys what happened if you want…”

Dad had just finished, then he interrupted Kristen.

“I think you’ve been through enough today. We don’t want you feeling upset again tonight.”

“Ah… Thank you sir…”

He started to laugh. It was his big, bellowing dad laugh. I used to be scared of it when I was a kid, he’d laugh like that when I tried to explain why I was in trouble. At least Kristen wasn’t scared, she looked like she liked his laugh…

“You don’t have to call me sir, I’m no knight! You can call us Mr and Mrs Choi if you like.”

She smiled and dug in to the rest of her plate.

“And I propbably won’t answer to ‘master Choi,’ so just yell ‘hey you’ or whack me for attention… or just pester Jonghong!”

She laughed at hyung, at least he was being nice to her.

“But seriously, pester Jonghong first… if he’s being stupid, I’ll come beat him up for you.”

“Haha… Thanks… I don’t think you’ll need to beat him up though…”

We all talked a little longer, but Kristen was amazed at how we were so open and just talked about whatever at the table. We talked like this for most nights. I offered her thirds, and she finished off her third plate too! Now she was full! The dad and hyung went off to do their work.

“So Kristen, we’ll have you stay here tonight, ok?”

“Thank you so much! Are you sure it’s ok?”

I nodded and smiled. I was looking forward to spending more time with her. She seemed really fun when she wasn’t upset.

“Yeah Kristen! We’re not going to let you talk to crazy people in front of shopping centres!”

We giggled, remembering the conversation we had right before mum came to pick us up. But mum didn’t understand what we were on about.

“Well… Do you think you’re up to school tomorrow Kristen?”

She quickly lost her smile and thought. She had a little dimple in each cheek as she pouted, it was kinda cute...

“I don’t know…”

I felt my face turn into a pout, I didn’t mean to, but I just pout when I’m confused or upset.

“Do you need to go to school at all? I’ll stay home with you if you don’t…”

She just stared at me, I wasn’t sure if she was confused by my pout, or if she had something else troubling her.

“I’ll just check my phone to see if dad can come get me sometime this week.”

We both nodded and sat down.

“Poor thing, she has such a hard time at home…”

“Yeah, but I kinda want her to stay…”

“Yeah, give her one good memory to keep…”

I nodded, and we waited for Kristen to come back out.

“Mrs Choi!”

We both stood up about to run to her, but she was already running to us.

“What’s wrong?”

Dad and hyung came out to see what was wrong, at least she had us to look after her, but I wonder what was wrong.

“Mum just said she’s going to pick me up tomorrow… she never usually does… if she finds out I’m here I’m going to get in so much trouble!”

She started to hyperventilate, and it scared me. I sat her down on the couch next to me to try calm her.

“Calm down a little Kristen, you’re scaring me!”

She was really scared, and so was I.

“What is your mother like when she’s drunk?”

Everyone sat down as dad said that. He was going to tell someone about this, he doesn’t usually ask questions like that otherwise.

She took a moment to calm her breath, and then she spoke nervously.

“She is nasty. Nastier than she usually is. She makes me do all the housework, and when she is drunk she’ll demand I do it better and faster. She doesn’t finish her sentences all the time, and if I interrupt her or talk back, she’ll hit me or throw something on the floor…”

I was shocked! She had said her mum was bad, but I had no idea she was that bad! I couldn’t help myself, I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and intertwined my fingers on her good hand to try calm her down. She had her head down, so I didn’t know if she felt better with that or not, but I just held her tight. I looked up for a second, dad was writing it down, and mum was just shocked.

But hyung, he was starting at me with a smile. I scrunched my face up to him, and he asked a question to make sure he understood.

“So your mum threatens you by throwing things on the floor when she’s drunk?”

She nodded slowly. He kept staring at me, it was annoying. Then I remembered her bad hand.

“Is that how you burnt your hand…?”

She took a moment to gather some breath, I think she was crying...

“She told me to make a cake, and we didn’t have some stuff, so I went out to get some. She was probably drinking in the other room while I went out, and when I came back after you guys dropped me off, she was really drunk and started yelling at me for taking my time to get home. I started making the cake, and while it was cooking I started on the dishes, and I had music on. She was yelling at me, and she yanked my earphone out and yelled at me louder. Then she grabbed one of the plates and threw it on the floor. I had shrunk away in the corner next to the oven, and I jumped when it smashed, and my hand hit the oven…”

I felt a few tears land on our hands, I looked up to mum. She looked at hyung, and he passed her some tissues, and I squeezed her hand tightly. It was risky, but I gently pushed her head to rest on my chest. She stayed quiet and just sobbed.

“Well… it’s settled, you’re staying home for the rest of the week with my wife! Possibly even the weekend to. You don’t need to go through that…”

“Oh, please don’t have me if I’m going to interrupt your week…”

Why does she do that? We were trying to help, and she was more worried about us than herself.

“Kristen! Why do you always do that?”

I looked her in the eye.

“Why do you always find a way to blame yourself so you don’t bother other people? I want you to stay, I don’t want you to go to a bad place like that!”

I didn’t mean to shout, but I did. Then I pouted, she had probably been yelled at her whole life, I didn’t mean to yell at her… but she seemed to forgive me.

“This kind of behaviour is unacceptable! Your mother should be better than that…”

Mum was still taking in how much she had suffered.

“I think we should tell the police… her mum needs to be sorted out…”

“No! Please don’t get her in trouble…”

“Why not? She needs help from a rehab!”

She stayed quiet for a moment. She thought, and I saw more tears get ready to fall.

“Why don’t you want her to darl?”

Mum put her hand on her shoulder and comforted her.

“I don’t want to go to dad either…”

She just burst into tears. I grabbed her and put her on my chest again. I didn’t know how else to comfort her. I felt my chest get wet with her tears, but I didn’t mind too much. I smiled to myself, but then I saw hyung smile again. He was going to tease me about this, I knew it!

“We’ll do something for you Kristen…”

I rubbed her back as mum put her hand on her shoulder, and I stuck my tongue out at hyung as he let with dad.

“I know you don’t really have a family to go home to, so just think of us as your family ok?”

When mum said that, I squeezed her tightly. It may have been a bit rough, I was trying to be careful with her because she was delicate. But I squeezed her anyway!

“We can stay home together for the rest of the week… ok…?”

“Mmmm…”

Her moan was muffled through my chest, I felt her smile too. I wonder what she was thinking.

“Well, you two had better get to bed…”

 “Yeah… come on Kristen… we can stay up late and talk if you want…”

She wiped her tears and stood up. I kept hold of her hand and led her to my room again. I sat her down on the bed next to me, and mum stood in the doorway.

“You look after her tonight, ok Jonghongie…”

“Mum…”

“Sorry, I forgot you don’t like being called Jonghongie!”

She just had to do that didn’t she? But I saw Kristen smiling in the corner of my eye. I just hoped she forgot that pet name….

“You’ll be staying home, but I’ll get the school to give you guys some homework ok?”

“Aw, mum! Really?”

“Well, depending on how it all unfolds when I tell the police tomorrow, she might have to stay next week too.”

I hoped we could spend that much time together… Maybe she’d feel better after it…

Mum left, and I my desk light and turned off the roof light. Then I sat down next to her.

“So, are you feeling ok?”

She took a deep breath.

“I dunno… it’s all so much for me to take in…”

“Do you wanna talk about it? We can talk about something else if you to…”

She smiled at me. She had cute little dimples! I half smiled at her, I was still worried about her.

“I think I’d like to talk about something else for now…”

“What about?”

“What do you like?”

My face lit up, I started to talk about soccer. I went on and on, about how I couldn’t do that because dad said no, and how I’ve been getting into music and dance now, while I studied hard too. I got so lost in myself, but I noticed her staring at me. So I stopped.

“Am I boring you?”

“No! Not at all! It’s refreshing to hear someone so positive about their life!”

I chuckled, then turned off the light.

“Well… goodnight Kristen!”

“Oh, aren’t I sleeping on the floor?”

“What? No! I am, guests get the comfy sofa bed, and girls get the bed!”

“Aw… thanks Zelo…”

Why would she be sleeping on the floor? She was a really funny girl…

“Do you wanna talk more?”
“No, you sound tired…”

“Ok… if you need anything, just ask…”
“Thank you… goodnight!”

“Night night!”

I started to nod off, but I woke up a little while later. I decided to just lay there, and try get back to sleep. But I heard Kristen breathing heavily. She sounded like she was having a bad dream. I heard her sit up, so I did too.

“Kristen? Are you ok…?”

“Sorry… I just had a nightmare… I didn’t mean to wake you…”

“It’s ok, are you alright? Do you need some water?”

“No… thank you…”

“Ok… just try to sleep again, ok?”

“Ok…”

I laid back down, hoping she would feel better. After about twenty minutes, she said my name.

“Zelo…?”

I sat up quickly again. I wanted to make sure she was ok.

“Yeah? What’s wrong?”

“Can I…”

“Yeah? What do you need?”

“Could you come and give me a hug?”

“Of course!”

I actually liked hugging her, she was soft and kinda squishy. I climbed up carefully, and found her sitting up in the dark. I grabbed hold of her, and we sat there for about twenty minutes.

“Do you feel better?”

“Yeah… Thanks…”

“I’m going to go back to my bed now, ok?”

“Ok…”

I crawled off carefully, and heard her lay back down.

“If you need anything else, just wake me up, ok?”

“Ok…”

“Night night!”

“Goodnight… Jonghongie!”

She giggled as I sighed. She was going to use this against me, I knew it! But I didn’t really mind. She would be the only person who would be allowed to call me that, her and mum.

I heard her breath slow as she fell asleep. I wonder what she was thinking about, I hope it was something nice…

------------------

Well!

I wanted to put in a few cute scenes, so I did.

Do you guys like the cute stuff? If you do I’ll add more in the next few chapters!

And I updated quickly for you guys! And it’s a long update too!

*please love me for being quick* :3 :3 :3

I’ll try finish it before Christmas… think of it like a Christmas present for you guys!

Fighting!!! :D :D :D