When We First Talked

His Notes

I was your fairly average shy girl. I blended in pretty well, I didn’t really do much, other than blend in with the crowd. I didn’t really like to socialise with other people much, honestly, big groups of people scared me. Most of the time at lunch, I would sit with my friends, but at the very edge. I’d walk off about halfway through lunch, and take a breather, but I’ve been trying to work on staying longer, but it’s hard. I guess that’s because my home life is pretty ty, my parents split this year, and they have been so nasty to me. I’m glad I’m an only child, because I don’t know if I would be able to look after siblings while not being able to handle myself…

“Yah! Yah! Check this out!”

One of the girls was about to show us some new trick from her gymnastics class. I liked watching her because she was really graceful and pretty, but she was a nasty girl, so I have never made an attempt to remember her name. Honestly, I barley know half the girls I sit with at lunch.

The bell rang, and I made my way to class quickly. I went straight to my locker and grabbed my books. I made sure to bring my headphones so I could listen to music in class. I really liked songs with a heavy beat, especially those with good dubstep. I have always been open to listen to other music, and I always get the top charts cd every year, but generic pop has gotten pretty boring lately. However the one thing I was always happy to listen to was a good, depressing ballad.

I was busy thinking about music, when I bumped into someone. I was so embarrassed, I really didn’t want to go out of my way to talk to people, they just scare me sometimes. The guy I bumped into had dropped a little folder and the pages of paper went flying all over the place. Luckily, most the other people had almost completely disappeared into their classrooms, so I wasn’t worried about being trampled by everyone. I picked up a few sheets of paper, and I looked at them. They had weird things written on them, they didn’t really make sense.

One page read:

Stand still, lift head, turn head, turn body, arm out, elbow first with knees…

Another read:

Maybe he could die???

There were a whole bunch of little doodles, and a pros and cons list that I didn’t bother reading, but the last page had some sort of lyric.

A punch that I throw for you,

Who are thirsty from the long fight,

Everyone’s different, everyone takes sides,

And those words are just the words of ignorant people,

Since the words that echoes in my heart is different from yours,

I’m mad so listen to my four point nagging,

This prayer for truths,

Even if the hidden system, the black shadow cover is up,

This holy badge that wont yield-

 

I didn’t get to finish reading because the paper was snatched out of my hands.

“Ya! Don’t read it!”

I looked up, it was the boy I had a secret crush on for at least two years now. He had blond hair, sometimes it was straight, but he had it curled often. He looked so cute with curls. He also had very soft looking skin, and he dressed nicely too. He often had a face mask around his neck, he hid his smile behind that a lot, but sometimes he didn’t wear the mask. He had really nice teeth, and I wish he didn’t always wear the masks, even though he looked cool wearing them, because I couldn’t see his full smile. But his smile eyes made up for that, he had the most amazing eyes…

I looked into his eyes, but he looked frustrated. I got flustered, and didn’t know what to do.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry…”

I bowed to him in repentance.

He seemed a bit annoyed that I had read the lyrics, but then the final bell rang to start class.

He looked at me as if he was going to say something, but he quickly ran off to his class. After I took a moment to watch him run off, I quickly made my way to class.

I snuck in, and there was an empty seat by the window next to my friends at the back of the room. I snuck into class quietly, and the teacher didn’t notice me. Lucky!

I quietly sat down next to my friends and set up ready to take notes from the class. My friends didn’t notice me sit down, or even that I wasn’t there. It was really annoying how I was forgotten a lot at school, but at least I wasn’t being bullied much. Unlike at home. Well, home doesn’t feel like home, just a place I have to be until I can move away.

The teacher wrote up some notes and told us what to research for the lesson. I wrote down everything and opened my text book ready to research. Well, I tried to research. I was too busy thinking about those lyrics my crush wrote. They were so cool, and they had a good meaning behind the words. He wasn’t a bad artist either, the little doodles on the other page were cute. I had put on some music while I thought about it all.

He did seem in his own world a lot, like he was thinking of something really cool. He had his earphones in often too, I knew that he loved listening to music too, but I never knew what type of music he liked to listen too…

Pretty soon, class finished, and I went off for lunch. I chowed down my sandwich pretty fast, and I was still thinking about him. I couldn’t help it, there were a few girls who had said that he was cute and funny, but I don’t think anyone else really like him. I’ve been head over heels for almost two years, but he was just irresistible. He was getting really tall now, and once I got a little peek at his stomach for a few seconds. He was playing around in sport, and some of his friends decided to tackle him to the ground for a laugh. His shirt lifted for a second, and I swore I saw chocolate abs…

Lunch went by pretty quickly, although I still did wander off early. No one noticed, and I thought maybe I should just grab my books and wait outside my next class and listen to music until lunch was over. I sat on the floor and rested my head against the wall while my beats were playing. I was in my world of music, it was my escape from life. My life wasn’t very good, and although I hated not being noticed and forgotten by everyone, it was ok that I wasn’t being pestered all the time.

I didn’t notice at first, but someone came and sat next to me. I was too absorbed in my world to notice, until he tapped me on my knee. I took out my headphones, and when I saw who it was, I panicked a little inside.

“Hey…”

“Hey…”

“So… uh, my notes earlier…”

“Oh, I’m really sorry I bumped into you before, I didn’t meant to…”

“Nah, I can handle a bump, but the notes you read-“

“Were amazing! You should turn that into a rap or something! It’s really cool!”

He blushed a little and rubbed his neck shyly.

“Nah… they are really bad…”

“No they’re not!”

He was really embarrassed. It was so cute, and I couldn’t believe I was having an actual conversation for like the first time in two years since I saw him.

The bell went, and he looked at me shyly.

“Just please don’t tell anyone… ok?”

I nodded.

I watched as he got up, he really was so cute! He went to go and walk off, but then he turned around and held out his hand.

I just looked at it, it looked so warm and soft…

“Come on, get up!”

He said it shyly, he was still a little flustered.

I grabbed his hand, his grip was strong, but gentle at the same time. He helped me up without an effort, then he smiled shyly before dashing off somewhere.

The rest of the day flew by, and pretty soon it was time for home. The part of the day I dreaded the most…

I made my way on my walk home, I had my beats on and I was casually humming my way home. Then I actually arrived home. I walked up to the front door, and turned the door handle. It was locked, so I pulled out my key and unlocked it. It was good that no one was home just yet, you could quickly take a nap in peace before mum came home.

I grabbed a quick glass of milk, I was going to warm it up to make me sleepy, but I was too thirsty to wait for it to warm up. I put my bag in my room, and quickly took off my clothes and changed into my spare singlet and shorts. I flopped onto my bed, and snuggled up under my covers. I had a nice nap, but it was interrupted as soon as my mum walked into my room yelling and screaming.

 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Cute huh? I’m not sure how many chapters I’ll write, but I’ll try to update as often as I can… chapter two coming up real soon, so please look forward to it! :3