Four Old Friends and an Intruder

A Girl like the Roses of Bengal

A/N: Guys! I'm back! Well, there's no reason for you to be excited because this chapter isn't my best, but at least I've updated. ^^

 

• Chapter VI •
Four Old Friends and an Intruder

A few blocks away from Goo’s house was the family Lee’s apartment. It was a gorgeous place like all the houses in the neighbourhood, but a little bit too small to comfortably accommodate four adults. Onew and his twin sister Taeyeon had to share a room. Yet, they were so close that it didn’t bother them.

That day, Onew did not wake up before noon. His little escapade of the previous night had exhausted him. Opening his eyes, he remembered going to bed frustrated and worried because Seungyeon had replied dryly to his call by saying that waking her up in the middle of the night to apologize worsen the situation.

Usually, he would lie in bed a few minutes after waking up, but he couldn’t stop thinking about Seungyeon. He got up, hoping that it would erase these thoughts. Taeyeon watched him as he was on his way to the bathroom. She waved at him without saying anything. As soon as he came out, he sat with his sister who was eating her lunch. He wondered why their parents were not there, but he didn’t say anything. He didn’t want to break the comforting silence. Taeyeon did.

''Where were you last night?''

''I didn’t know I still had a curfew.''

''You could have called at least. Mom was worried.''

''Where is she?''

‘’At grandma’s place. You're really disconnected from the world these days. No wonder Seungyeon doesn’t want to talk to you anymore.''

''How do you know that?'’ he asked, surprised.

''Aish~! Seungyeon is my friend too, you know.''

Onew sighed. He did not understand why Seungyeon was mad at him. Thinking that he had hurt her made ​​him sad. He regretted the fact that he hadn’t stop her from leaving the cafe.

''Do you know what's going on with her?''

''You are really blind.'' she said, getting up. ''It's obvious that she doesn’t want to deal with her best friend’s love story. She has her own problems.''

Onew looked at her as she started to clear the table. He didn’t take his eyes off her as she went to the kitchen. He felt that she was avoiding his eyes and it intrigued him.

''Her own problems? You mean that she loves someone, too?''

Taeyeon sighed.

''Ask her. I shouldn’t have told you that.''

''I did well when I asked Minho to help me then.'' he whispered.

Taeyeon had heard him and she froze at these words. She turned to Onew and stared at him with her eyes wide opened in surprise.

''Minho? You mean Choi Minho?''

Onew explained how he had found Minho and why he believed he could help him to meet Hara. He said it was only a matter of time before Hara and he can be together. He smiled for the first time since he had waked up. Seungyeon had suddenly disappeared from his mind. Taeyeon was speechless when she realized that her brother hadn’t understood that his love for Hara, the girl he didn’t even know, would ruin everything.

Onew grabbed the bag of cookies that Taeyeon was holding and that she was about to put away before he starts talking about Minho. His sister yelled at him, but he ignored her and went back to his room. The only thing he wanted to do was to write a letter to Hara. He wanted to write before the sad feelings come back. He took a sheet of paper and sat at his desk by the window.

''Hara... no, dear... Hara...’’

Dear Hara,

I love writing to you because in those times, I only think of you. When I think of you, I am happy. I forget everything and everyone that make me sad or worried. It would be great if there was only the two of us in this world. I would only think of you... all the time. Beautiful Hara, do you think of me sometimes? Do my letters make you happy, even just a little bit? I want to know. I want you to tell me in person. It will soon be possible. I'm sure of that.

Let's be patient.

Onew

He signed with his name for the first time. He was tired of anonymous letters. After all, Seungyeon had revealed his name to Hara. That's what he had asked her to do. Minho was going to organize a meeting very soon, so there was no reason to keep this anonymity.

He folded the letter and inserted it into an envelope. There were only three envelopes left in the box. At first, he wanted to buy a new one, but he thought that it might not be necessary. Three days. Everything could change in three days. He just didn’t know how much. Three days was enough to change his and others’ life.

He left the apartment to bring his letter at Hara’s house. He left Taeyeon doing the dishes alone, but she didn’t care at all. Instead, she was waiting for him to leave. As soon as she heard the click sound of the door automatically locking, she wiped her hands. She then rushed toward the table where she had left her phone. She called Seungyeon who answered almost immediately.

[''Taeyeon-ie, annyeong!'']

''Unnie, I have to tell you something!''

[‘‘If it’s about Onew, I don’t want to know.'']

''But you have to! My brother is going to make a big mistake!''

Seungyeon remained silent.

''Han Seungyeon, you stubborn girl, I'll tell you even though you don’t care! Onew saw Choi Minho. He works for the Goo family, so he asked him to organize a meeting with Hara.''

[''Minho… So what?'']

''So what! Seungyeon, go talk to him! Ask him to help you.''

[''I'll think about it... Bye.'']

''Take care.'' she said, smilling.

As she hung up, she was certain that Seungyeon would really talk to Minho. She knew that Seungyeon wasn’t the kind of girl to give up easily. Moreover, she was too sad and too jealous of Hara to stand idly by.

Taeyeon returned to the kitchen. Her mind was filled with memories. She remembered the afternoons spent playing in the park with Minho and Seungyeon. At that time, the four of them were always together. Minho was the maknae of the group and Seungyeon was the eldest although she didn’t look like she was. Now that Minho was back in town, Taeyeon hoped they could spend time together as they used to. Then she remembered that an intruder had appeared: Hara.

 

A/N: What do you think of the second Onyeon pairing? Taeyeon is only a minor character though. She’ll come back for another chapter or two. And, do you think Onew deludes himself? Tell me.