Concert of a lifetime

Fate will return you what you try to let go

At a recent music bank performance, Seohyun met Yonghwa along the corridor and they stopped to have a short chat before the show.

SH: "Yo~ng! Your concert in Seoul, it's fixed on Sep 9th?"

YH: "Hyun~ (winks) Yeah, you must come."

SH: "Ah.. i will be there. Just that, my parents are keen to attend as well. So as my unnies. They say that this is the first concert since you recovered and they want to support you."

YH: "Really? Ah.. I'm so touched. Shall i arrange make some arrangement for you all?"

SH: "Can you? Hehe, i want to watch the concert with them together."

YH: "Of course, just for you Hyun." (Yonghwa gives a pat on Seohyun's shoulder and proceeded  to his waiting room to meet up with s.)

Yonghwa has been practicing hard with s to prepare for their concert in Seoul this September. Holding a concert in Seoul has always been more stressful than any other country and the group practiced really hard, hoping that they could perform their best for everyone.

Due to SNSD's busy schedule and CNBlue's upcoming concert, Yonghwa and Seohyun would not be meeting each other until the day of the concert. However, they frequently texted and updated each other about the things they were doing. Sometimes, their text exchange can get interesting.

YH: "I'm really busy." (Seohyun received Yonghwa's very random text)

SH: "What? Why are you telling me that?"

YH: "You were supposed to ask me why."

SH: "I know that you are busy with your concert, that's why i didnt ask why. So what can i do for you, Mr Jung."

YH: "Just come to the concert dressed up nicely."

SH: "What??"

YH: "I need a pretty fan girl to chant my name during the concert."

Seohyun couldn't stand Yonghwa's cheekiness at times but she finds it cute and attractive. In the end, she agreed to go to the concert dressed up, so that she could be the best looking CNBlue fan girl.

Counting down 5 days to the concert, Seohyun has also been sending encouraging messages to Yonghwa and even his other members and reminded them not to skip meals and not to over exert themselves. On one occasion, Seohyun met Jungshin at the neighbourhood garden while walking their dog and she told Jungshin about Yonghwa's request. Jungshin smiled shyly and said "Just do it for him. Fulfilling a child's wish haha."

SH: "But Jungshin ah, weren't you guys with a girl when you were trapped in the island the other time?" (Seohyun changed topic)

JS: "Why do you ask that?" (avoids Seohyun's eyes)

SH: "I read the news and it was reported that there were 3 of you, but Yong didn't really tell me about the girl when i asked. Just curious. The girl must have felt blissful to be trapped in an unknown place with CNBlue members!!" (jokingly)

JS: "No... she didnt know who we were."

SH: "Really? How can that be! CNBlue is so popular. I bet once she knows who you guys are, she will regret it!. Haha."

JS: "Anyway we haven't seen her since that day and we try not to think back of what happened then as well. It's disturbing."

SH: "Ah.. Sorry Jungshin chingoo. (patted him on the shoulder). I shouldn't have brought this up, it must have been hard on you. But thankfully you were there with Yong."

JS: "Yes. luckily i was there WITH him." (he recalled how he managed to stop Hannah from rolling all over Yonghwa)

SH: "Ah, it looks like it's going to rain soon, i have to bring dubu back. Bye Simba and simba's appa!"

Jungshin was relieved that the conversation ended as quick as it has started. Somehow, Jungshin wished that Hannah will never appear again to complicate things. In anyway, Jungshin was looking forward to the concert in a couple of days as the members had been busy preparing a special cut for Seohyun during the concert.

----

Finally, it's the day of the concert. The CNBlue members were at the backstage when Seohyun came in. "Wah... Goddess." Yonghwa exclaimed. Yonghwa has always liked Seohyun in white or pink and the white dress she wore that day made her looked even more attractive. Seohyun cheered on the group and took selfies with the members.

As the performance is starting soon, Seohyun went out to get seated. Many of CNBlue’s friends and co-workers attended the concert to mark their comeback from the horrifying air crash incident which shook the whole nation. Yonghwa has also specially arranged for the members’ family, Seohyun and her parents and SNSD to be seated on the front row nearest to them. The arena was packed with 13000 fans from all over the world to see their  favourite band.

 

As soon as the members were spotted, the arena exploded with CNBlue’s energetic introduction. “ARE YOU READY….!!!???” Yonghwa screamed with as much force as he could. The fans responded enthusiastically heated up the atmosphere in the arena. Throughout the concert, everyone was moving their body to the music, clearly enjoying the performance. Over the years, CNBlue has produced many hit songs and they performed them one by one, showcasing their skills and talent. Just like this, the concert went on for 2 and half hours.

At the end of the concert, unlike the usual practice where the boys get wild and hopped around in their wet hair and tshirt, Yonghwa went backstage to get changed while lights were dimmed in the arena and the big screens showed a compilation clip of Yongseo's love story. The crowd cheered and screamed.. 

Seohyun was holding back her tears as she watched the clip. There were moments taken from "WGM", previous interviews where the couple denied their relationship and various scenes with them talking about each other.  These compilations brought back memories to Seohyun as she realized how much they have went through together. It was an extremely touching moment. And then finally, as the interview which Yonghwa revealed he's seeing Seohyun was shown, the stage lights . 

Yonghwa emerged from the stage, dressed in a white suit with pink bowtie and looked extraordinarily dashing. "For Seo Joohyun." Then he began to sing and kept looking at Seohyun who was still tearing away. It was the first time Yonghwa performed the song as it was unreleased as that time. The title of the song - "she's mine" was written for Seohyun and in the song Yonghwa described her as an angel and how he longed to have her heart. The crowd turned silent as they listened carefully to his lyrics and many of them got melted away with Yonghwa's soothing vocal. 

When the song ended, Yonghwa went down the stage towards Seohyun and asked her to get on the stage. Seohyun resisted initially but was pushed up by her unnies who were sitting beside her. 

On the stage, Seohyun was half the time covering her face. Yonghwa kept smiling at her and even wiped off her tears which caused a loud roar from the fans. The members behind Yonghwa were seen getting ready again as Yonghwa revealed the last song of the night.

The unfamiliar start to the song made everyone listened more intensely and once Yonghwa started singing, the fans screamed as loud as they could and rocked the whole arena. It was Bruno Mars' Marry you. He held Seohyun's hand and brought her to the center of the stage. The arena was then filled with camera flashes and the loud screams from fans. When Yonghwa finished the song, he stood infront of Seohyun and smiled at her. Then came the moment everyone was waiting for, Yonghwa took out a box and got down on one knee. "Love light" was played in the background and at this moment the arena became quiet, waiting for Yonghwa to pop the question. The other members watched the couple by the side and Jonghyun was recording the rare moment with Yonghwa's phone. Cameras were also by the side to capture the special moment.

YH: "My dearest Hyun, thank you very much for being a part of my life. Thank you for accepting who I am and sharing my dreams even if it means to sacrifice yourself at times. Ever since we met, you were always there for me and taking good care of me, my brothers and even my family. Now, will you marry me and let me take care of you forever?"

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa, who was still on his knee, then she smiled and nodded. The arena exploded with cheers from the fans and while Minhyuk watched on, he thought he was the hopelessly romantic guy in the group but he was defintely wowed by Yonghwa's performance today. "He's the best." Minhyuk shook his head and gave a thumb up! While Yonghwa brought Seohyun back to her seat below the stage, he gave a formal bow to Seohyun's parents and Seohyun's dad gave him a hug. Seohyun's parents were seen wiping their tears as they gave Yonghwa a hug. The concert ended with Jonghyun singing "Gomawoyo" and the reporters were all outside CNBlue's waiting room, hoping to catch the newly engaged couple.

---

to be continued...

**For the benefit of gogumas who havent heard "Marry You" by bruno mars, here's the lyrics. Searched it up on youtube, it's a really nice song:

It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard
We can go
No one will know
Oh c'mon girl

Who cares if we're trashed
Got a pocket full of cash we can blow
Shots of Patron
And it's on girl

Don't say no no no no no
 Just say yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
And we'll go go go go go
If you're ready, like I'm ready

'Cause it's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

Oh
I'll go get a ring
Let the choir bell sing like ooh
So what you wanna do
Lets just run girl
If we wake up and you want to break up
That's cool
No I won't blame you
It was fun girl

Don't say no no no no no
Just say yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
And we'll go go go go go
 If you're ready, like I'm ready

'Cause it's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

Just say I do
Tell me right now baby
Tell me right now baby, baby
Just say I do
Tell me right now baby
Tell me right now baby, baby

Oh
It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you