And we meet

it's not FACEBOOK it's DESTINY.com

“Drip, drip”

The hall seemed to stretch as Kwangmin ventured deeper into the darkness. The water dripping became louder with his every step, being his guide to where ever the sound was taking him. Usually Kwangmin would have been scared to death in a dark place like this. His whole body would be shaking and he would be drenched in sweat from head to toe cradling himself in a corner. Youngmin would come rushing in to him telling him that everything would be alright until he fell asleep then only could his parents take him out. It wasn’t his fault he was that way; he had experienced a tragic in the dark, one that left an unforgettable fear in his heart. He has a phobia in dark places.

“Drip.” Kwangmin’s steps came to a stop as the dripping sounds suddenly mutes itself. He gulped, cold sweat running down his face, soaking his bangs. “I-is anyone t-the-there?” he called out but only silence answered him. “Why am I doing this?” he curled his brows fear slowly creeping uninvited in his spine making his hair stand. Gulp. Carefully Kwangmin hesitantly shuffled further, his eyes wildly scanning his surroundings with the help of the dim light breaking through small holes in the walls.

“Tap, tap, tap”

Kwangmin froze. The tapping sound came from his right. From the corner of his eyes he could see the place seemed to be brighter than the rest of the path holding a dark shade in a shape of a cave in the middle. Kwangmin turned slightly finding a slender figure standing in the frame. Kwangmin held his breath collecting all his courage and slowly turned his head.

“Argh!”

“Where is he?” the class was half full of Youngmin’s classmates but he didn’t see the likes of his twin brother. It wasn’t like his to be late. Youngmin’s eyes travelled from person to person that came in but none resembled Kwangmin.

“Would you stop pecking around like a chicken and sit down already?” Minwoo hissed as Youngmin elbow accidently collide his shoulder. “But where could that dork be? It’s not like him to miss class. HE NAVER MISSES CLASS!”

“Hey! That’s MY friend you’re talking about so speak nicely! And he is just late it doesn’t mean he’s skipping, even so what does it matter to you if he does miss class?”

“Duh! I’m his brother and NERDS don’t miss class,”

“Uh-huh, and what’s your proof of that?” Minwoo said setting his gaze on Youngmin who was currently walking back and forth worries plastered upon his face.

“Well-he-they-they’re nerds! They just don’t!” Youngmin stuttered coming to a stop as he bit his lower lip looking for the right reply.

“Yeah, typical.” Minwoo said rolling his eyes. It was normal for Youngmin to act like a total dimwit because he basically is one. “Argh talking to you gets me nowhere; I’m going out to find Kwangmin,”

“Like I care,” Minwoo replied but by then Youngmin was already running out the door.

Meanwhile, Kwangmin was struggling to get on his feet after flinging himself cracking twigs underneath him. He had frightened himself half dead over his own reflection on a dirtied mirror lying against the opposite wall. He hadn’t realize that there was a mirror leaning against the wall reflecting the room he was in. Kwangmin rubbed his sore head scanning the mess in the room. Wait, this place seems familiar but where have I seen it? He thought redeeming his memories. Then it had struck him, he was back in that class from the day Dongwoon asked him to go to the ruins. The broken door was still lying on the floor and the half hanged blackboard with the scattered desks was at the same place they were before.

“Where- what- was that a secret passage to the- wait I’m-” Kwangmin stuttered. He didn’t know how he got there thought it was obvious and he couldn’t get his mind straight he was too frighten to do so. He stepped back his breath leaving him as fast as they entered his lungs as he eyed the classroom in horror.

“Calm down…” he heard a light whisper in his ear. It sounded like a girl’s voice but as he turned nothing was to be seen except a worn out shelf. Gasping he covered his mouth to mute the sounds and knocked something down from the shelf. He jolted in fright eyes widen and searched the object. Steadying his breathing he saw a purple cup rolling on the floor leaving a blue and a pink marker. Fear turned to curiosity at the sight of the pens. What are these doing here? Heknelt down to pick up the pens. They were not dusty to his surprise and they seemed new. He turned to look at the shelf and found a small pot filled with fresh water holding a blue living flower. Water drops could be seen on the petals meaning that it was just freshly picked.

“Who could have done this? Wait. Why was the person here?” he said oddly eyeing the flower. Then pink scribbles on the wall beside it caught his eye. He looked closer and more thorough as the scribbles began to appear as letters. He dusted the walls with his finger and the word ‘today’ was visible.

Then he started clearing a big section of the wall and more word came in visible.

“Whoa!” he exclaimed. “This is weird.”

“Humph, where is that brat?” Youngmin complained looking from left to right. He was tired of avoiding teachers and hall monitors afraid he would get caught but he had the urge to find his brother. Kwangmin had always been a good brother therefore he would never miss class. Sigh. Youngmin put his hands on his hips blowing his bangs.

“Crack,” he heard as he felt something hard under his shoe. “What?” he looked under it and found Kwangmin’s wallet lying around next to a metal pencil box.

“He wouldn’t leave something precious like this lying around, where is he?” a gash of wind suddenly blew his bang making him turn. He saw the dark hall and said, “Kwangmin can’t be inside… can he?”

Fear taking over him, he could restrain himself from entering the hall. If anything happens to my brother I can’t say I can live to face tomorrow. Sweat dripping from his cheeks he walked deeper into the darkness.

 

********

i'm sorry if it's not that good but i hope you like it.:)