it gave a chill...

it's not FACEBOOK it's DESTINY.com

It had been minutes ago since the school bell rang initiating that school hour had ended, but a 17 year old young boy with black hair that glimmers under the sun was still gallivanting about the school grounds. His dark brown eyes scanned the ruins of part of the school that has long been abandoned. None had the courage to set foot near the place as it said to be haunted by a ghost girl who scraps the wall as if writing something with her filthy claws.

“Gulp,” right at that moment Kwangmin was fighting his fears to walk closer to an old classroom where a person had last heard the scraping sound. Its windows were broken and the door was in half on the floor as if someone kicked the door open adding to the mess on the floor. The old tables were still there scattered across the room. The black board was sadly half hung in front with a little waste ban near the teacher’s desk. Everything was dusty. Sigh. He didn’t have to go through this if he hadn’t taken up that challenge.

A little earlier…

“Hey little bro care to treat me lunch?” Youngmin a blonde hair boy popped out entangling his hand around his twin brother’s neck practically choking him. “But you already had your lunch and- we’re about to go home anyways- so you- don’t need it-” he said gasping for air. Youngmin was definitely not helping make it easy for his brother to breath instead he tighten his grip as Kwangmin struggles harder.

“The more struggle in quicksand the more you sink,” Youngmin teased. Kwangmin was going blue waving his hand about signalling for help while his other hand generally hit Youngmin’s tight lock. “Ok that’s enough. You’ll kill him at this rate,” a shorter boy came from behind slightly tapping Youngmin’s shoulder. He pulled Youngmin’s arm letting Kwangmin free to in all the air he could get at the moment.

“You’re too soft on him you know that?” Youngmin whimpered harshly rubbing the shorter boy’s head. “You’re the one being too rough on us,” the shorter boy batted his hand away coming closer to Kwangmin inspecting him assuring his safety.

“I’m fine Minwoo-ah,” Kwangmin wheezed.

“Yeah you always say that,” the younger nodded wide eyes as if he couldn’t believe what Kwangmin had just said.

“Hey what’s the issue?” a voice belonging to a tall boy came from the class door. He was wearing a name tag that said Dongwoon. Every turned to face him as he leaned on the door frame crossing his arms and jerking his eyebrows. He was tapping his finger on his limbs waiting for an answer but when he received none he sighed. He eyed Kwangmin then Minwoo then back to Kwangmin again raising his brow. He grinned his chin in agreement to his own thoughts and nodding slightly.

“You know you’d be a great candidate for the mystery,” he started walking around Kwangmin taking an even better look at him.

“What are you talking about?”

“Well you know about the ghost at the school ruins, we’re looking for someone to check it out. It’s our assignment,”

“Can’t you get someone else to do it?” Minwoo shot him a glare as he said this.

“Oh looks like someone is being a little overprotective.” Dongwoon said with a soothing voice bending over until he was levelled with Minwoo their nose only parted by a few centimetres. For a small boy Minwoo didn’t seem shaken by his closure staying at his position nevertheless then Dongwoon exchanged glances with Kwangmin failing to hide his grin.

“Care to take up the challenge?” Kwangmin was about to decline the unpleasant offer but Youngmin cut him off by telling that he was just some random coward and that he wouldn’t be able to do it. Both Youngmin and Dongwoon laugh making Kwangmin filled up with flair.

“Who said? I can do it and of course I’m not some random coward!”

“You must be joking right?”

“No. I’ll do it.”

Kwangmin was always standing behind his brother’s shadows. Youngmin was always a step forward in everything he does, though his grades are not as near as superior as Kwangmin’s nevertheless he gain as much popularity. Up until now Kwangmin has always thought that he gained popularity through his brother. The students only know him from his twin brother Youngmin. Youngmin was the type of guy who would know his way around people and has a charm with the girls. Every morning Youngmin would find thousands of love letters in his locker while Kwangmin only had one or maybe sometimes three if lucky but love isn’t always luck.

Kwangmin only had one girlfriend in all his 17 years of living that was out of pity and Youngmin in the other hand had uncountable girlfriends ones that were popular among the boys and ones which were on high demands. Not much girls would want to date Kwangmin. It wasn’t because he wasn’t cute enough but he was just the kind of person a girl would like but not get serious with, well at least not during high school. Kwangmin just seems to be a nice guy that everyone admires but none would take.

In other words he was just unlucky whenever it comes to love.

“You, my friend have to take a picture of the ghost wandering about the ruins,” Dongwoon went shoving a white coloured digital camera into Kwangmin’s hand. Kwangmin only nodded gulping all his fears hoping they won’t show on his face. His wet forehead soaked his bangs as he took a peak at the old parts of the school.

“You know you don’t have to do this if you’re just too terrified,” Youngmin rubbed in showing the slightest worrisome look. Kwangmin knows that his brother was worried sick about him but he just couldn’t stop thinking that Youngmin had always got things his way now maybe Kwangmin just wanted things to go his way just once. Maybe just maybe he wouldn’t have to be popular on his brother’s account anymore. He was tired of it.

“Good luck old mate!” was the last thing Kwangmin heard before the busy sound completely died in. This is definitely not a good idea.

“Scrap, scrape, scrape,” Kwangmin jumped back to reality as he heard a scraping sound coming from the inside the class that he was in. The rumours were true it did sound like someone or rather something was scraping with its finger. Kwangmin stopped his pace to turn himself to the former class’s direction. Eyes widen he gulped before taking small steps closer to it.

“Scrape, scrape.”

It came again, this time even louder than before. Kwangmin was only a few feet away from the doors of the class room before the sound stopped. He stood there for a while waiting for whatever was in the class to scrape the walls again but nothing was to be heard. Slowly he placed the camera on the floor making sure the sounds system and the flashes were off stretched his arms and quietly took pictures of the class while closing his eyes.

He swore he heard a gasp then footsteps going out of the class before it went silent again. Gulping for his courage Kwangmin slowly looked inside only to find that the room was empty and a pink pen he had saw earlier laying on the dusty floor.

“Hey there he is!” Youngmin shouted as a slender figure came in view. All his worries had died along the presence of Kwangmin upon him. Kwangmin was gasping for air when he reached them putting his hands on his knees supporting his aching sides.

“Did you get the pictures?” Dongwoon asked.

“I t-think s-so,”

“Hmm let’s hope you do,” with that Dongwoon snatched the camera and turned it on.

In the memory card there came a picture of a young girl that seem to be about their age. She had long wavy hair that stretched to her waist and skinny pale hands that held a pink marker up against the wall. Kwangmin couldn’t believe he had caught that picture minutes ago but he did.

“Yup we solved our mystery.” 

 

*******

comment are loved so please comment...:)