☼ Junhyung ☾

☼ Night Sun ☾
☼ Junhyung's POV ☾
 
"Why don't you bring more presents with you?" Dongwoon asks me, tilting his head with curiosity. He is staring at the paper bag I'm holding as we walk to the house where we're staying now. A big house with warm atmosphere at seaside.
 
"Because there are too much for me to handle," I chuckle at his reaction. No matter how many people told us that he doesn't look like the youngest, he is still the youngest among us. "I only have two hands to bring these presents with me."
 
Today is my birthday. Fans sent me presents, addressed to CUBE Entertainment. After we're done with our performance this afternoon, I went over to the building just to take some presents along with me before returning to the seaside.
 
I guess it's already two weeks now since BEAST started to stay in this house. We spent a lot of good times here. Even though it is tiring to have a long journey every day and night, I can't hide the fact that these two weeks have been really fun.
 
Not to mention that we, BEAST, are relaxing here, feeling the relaxing atmosphere together. Besides Dalbit and both of her parents are really welcoming us.
 
Dalbit is a bright girl. She is a fan of BEAST and I'm happy with the fact that she always gives her best support for us. I must admit that I feel encouraged by her support for us.
 
But there is something that makes me feel uneasy whenever I think about her: her pale skin, her habit to stay late night, her sleep time during the afternoon, her excuses whenever we asked her to watch our performances.
 
There is something Dalbit is hiding from us.
 
Not only Dalbit, I know something is suspicious from Doojoon. His attitude towards Dalbit is a little bit more than ordinary care for a fan. He treats her as if she is a really fragile figure.
 
But I don't think that Doojoon is falling for Dalbit. More likely, he is protecting her from whatever-God-only-knows.
 
After I put down all the presents in my room, I head out with the others to the dining table; yes, it's not a dining room because we always eat together outside of the house where there are a table and bench.
 
I am greeted with Dalbit's bright smile and a birthday cake. She is singing a birthday song for me, clapping her hands together. Both of her parents are standing next to me, clapping together with her.
 
I smile shyly, thanking them for their surprise. I receive a hug from each of them. When it's Dalbit's turn, I feel the unexplained feeling again when she smiles to me.
 
Why do I even feel that her bright smile shows that something is definitely wrong?
 
"Thank you," I pat her back gently. I return her smile and pat her head in brotherly way. "Did you prepare it for me when we're gone?"
 
"Mom made the cake since I am not allowed in the kitchen," Dalbit sticks out her tongue playfully. "But I prepare a present for you, Junhyung Oppa!"
 
She turns around and takes a canvas she is hiding under the bench. She shows her piece of art, yes I'm sure it's her painting, with a proud and satisfied smile.
 
It is a beautiful painting. It's a painting of piano and there are papers above the piano. There is no one inside the painting but I think it's amazing. A sign of her trademark, a crescent moon, can be found at the bottom corner of the painting.
 
"I hope you will like it. It's my first time to make a painting of musical instrument," she says as I take it from her. "Saengil chukkahamnida, Junhyung Oppa."
 
"Thank you," I mutter to her, giving her a sincere smile. My heart feels warm because of her simple present; well, it's not simple actually. It's priceless.
 
We spend the night together. Her parents leave us when it's already 10 PM. All of us insist to stay a little bit longer with Dalbit even though we have a schedule to attend tomorrow.
 
"Dalbit, when is your birthday?" Gikwang asks cheerfully, eating the cake. "You're 91 liner, right?"
 
"My birthday?" Dalbit rests her chin on her palm, looking at Gikwang. "It's February 2nd. Why?"
 
"A month after mine!" Yoseob chirps in. He grins wider, "Let's celebrate your birthday together! We will come here again, right?"
 
We nod in unison but I notice that Doojoon is only smiling weakly, gazing at Dalbit with sad eyes. Dalbit chuckles, not knowing about Doojoon's different reaction.
 
"We'll see about it," Dalbit makes a peace sign with her fingers, smiling brightly to us. "I still have two weeks to enjoy with BEAST. Let's think about what can we do within this two weeks."
 
"Christmas!" Doongwoon and Hyunseung shout in unison, making Doojoon to glare at them with warning. It's almost midnight so we better control our voices.
 
"We're going to have a performance that day," Doojoon reminds us, clearing his throat. "Let's celebrate the christmas together at night, Dalbit."
 
There he goes again with his affection towards Dalbit. Instead of asking her to come and watch our performance, he manages a schedule at night with her. Not that I don't like to spend times with her, I just find it suspicious.
 
"It's almost midnight," Dalbit stands up from her seat and smiles to us. "Let's take a rest. You need to sleep for tomorrow."
 
"Can we take a picture together first?" I blurt out the request. It's before midnight which means it's still my birthday and I want to have a picture together with Dalbit.
 
She tilts her head, pouting her lips cutely but then she nods, "Sure. Let's take a picture together."
 
She takes her polaroid camera from her room, putting it on the table carefully. We take steps backwards, positioning ourselves to fit in the frame. It's a relief that we can put self timer for taking pictures.
 
After taking seven pictures together because each of us wants to have a picture for ourselves, we decide to return to our rooms.
 
"Doojoon," I grab his hand when he is going to enter his room. Yoseob is already cuddling on his bed, ready to drift away to dreamland. "Can we talk?"
 
He frowns, studying my face, "What is it?"
 
"Come on," I give him a sign to follow me into my room. Hyunseung is sitting on his bed, playing with his phone. He blinks when he sees me walk in with Doojoon.
 
"I want to talk about Dalbit," I open up the conversation. I can see Doojoon's eyes widen in surprise. He must not expect that I will ask him this question suddenly. "What are you hiding from us?"
 
"What makes you think I'm hiding something?" Doojoon replies calmly. He acts wisely. He is our leader for something of course. "There is nothing between me and Dalbit."
 
"Not you and Dalbit," Hyunseung cuts in with serious expression. "I know there is something about Dalbit. Tell us, Doojoon. We have a right to know."
 
There are seconds of silence awkward but then Doojoon sighs heavily, rubbing his head with frustration, "I don't know how long I can keep this from you."
 
I hold my breathe. So my intuition is right. There is something he hides from us. Something about Dalbit that he only knows. But why does he hide it from us?
 
"I tell you two but I need you to keep this secret. At least for two weeks. Until we return to our apartment. Until we leave Dalbit. Can we agree with it?" Doojoon intertwines his fingers together, looking at me and Hyunseung. "Please."
 
I exchange look at Hyunseung. What's wrong with Doojoon? Of course we can keep this easy promise. It's not like two weeks are really long.
 
I nod calmly, "Tell us, Doojoon."