☼ Gikwang ☾

☼ Night Sun ☾
☼ Gikwang's POV ☾
 
A week have passed since we stayed in this big house at seaside. We're just done with our performance for a charity tonight. It's really tiring to work far from her while we must return to the house at night.
 
For our good, our schedule has been rearranged so it will be not as busy as usual but still I do feel tired because of the journey we need to take.
 
Don't get it wrong, I love the sea. Aunt Hori and her husband are really kind. They treat us as their own sons. We will be served with breakfast and dinner; lunch, if we stay during the day and don't have any work.
 
Not to mention that Dalbit is an amazing girl. She will take us around the area every night, visiting from place to place. It's not a really big area but I like the atmosphere. It's comforting and warming the heart, a really perfect place for us who seek for relaxation.
 
It's good that the President doesn't announce our staying here to the public so none of us need to worry about fans or paparazzi come over. We can enjoy our nights calmly.
 
Yoseob and Dongwoon are playing at the sea now, splashing the water here and there like little kids. I watch them from far, stay safe from the cold water. It's December and I find it's really cold outside.
 
I don't understand why Dalbit stays up every night with this coldness. More over, I don't understand how Yoseob and Dongwoon can play happily. But it's good to see they are happy. Hyunseung drags Junhyung with him and join with them to play around.
 
"Dalbit! Come on!" Dongwoon calls her. She is standing behind me with her white sweater. "Let's play together."
 
"It's too cold for her," Doojoon answers them instead of Dalbit herself. He takes off his black jacket and puts it on Dalbit's shoulders. He looks at her with a warm smile, "You need to wear jacket next time."
 
I raise my eyebrow. Looking from how Doojoon treats Dalbit, I feel something is suspicious. Doojoon just met her the same time when we met her, right? But why do I feel that Doojoon really cares about Dalbit?
 
"Thank you," Dalbit smiles to him, gripping the jacket to prevent the coldness. "I left my jacket in my room."
 
Somehow I understand why Doojoon looks really worried. Dalbit has pale skin. Really pale. She spends her evening to sleep and her activities start at night. She once told us that she is at her best state during the night.
 
She loves to enjoy her night walking around the area and I know that people who live in this area know Dalbit. They always greet her whenever she walks pass their shops or houses and Dalbit will give them her best smile.
 
Dalbit brings a polaroid camera with her. It is her birthday present from her parents. Judging from the night we spent with her, looks like she loves to take the pictures of moon. Just like her name is.
 
She showed us some paintings she made in a room in the house. There is a painting of full moon, a painting of empty green field, and a painting of sunrise but it hasn't finished yet.
 
She needs to see the sunrise by herself to make it perfect, Dalbit said. And that makes me wonder. Did she never see sunrise before?
 
I take a glance at my phone. It's almost midnight now. Doojoon notices my gesture and he checks his phone as well. He excuses himself and calls over the playing members, telling him to return because we have another performance to do tomorrow.
 
"Dalbit, do you want to watch our performance tomorrow?" I ask her while Doojoon is busy with the other members. I know that she wishes to watch us perform on outdoor stage. Hyunseung told us.
 
"I'm sorry, Gikwang Oppa, but I can't," Dalbit smiles calmly. "I really want to watch it but I think it's better for me to stay at home. I'm not feeling really good."
 
"Oh," I drop my gaze, feeling disappointed. Not because of her but I want her to watch our performance. She is a good fan and I want to make her happy to be our fan. "Are you alright? You look paler than usual actually."
 
"I'm all good. Don't worry about me," she chuckles as she looks at Doojoon who is circled by the members, trying to drag him into the sea. "I'm glad you enjoy your time here."
 
I am amazed by Dalbit. She is not really beautiful, just an ordinary girl. But she has this kind of charm within her.
 
Dalbit always smiles as if she never experienced pain in her life. She always encourages us with her support whenever we come back, tired from our schedule. She makes us remember that our loyal fans never stop supporting us, just like what she does.
 
"I will be happier if we can grant you the wish," I pout, tilting my head.
 
"Everything starts with a wish, Gikwang Oppa," Dalbit says softly. She looks at the ground, taking a really deep breathe. "I just need to wait until the right time."
 
I notice that she breathes heavily as if she just ran from somewhere far. She closes her eyes, frowning to gain her focus.
 
"Dalbit?" I can't hide my panic in my tones. I grab her shoulders to support her balance. "Are you alright?"
 
I embrace one of her hands to assure her that I'm still with her. This is the first time I touch her skin and I'm really surprised when our skins meet.
 
Her skin is really dry. I almost thought she has scales because of her dry skin.
 
"What's wrong?" Yoseob asks me. They noticed that something is happening and they stopped teasing Doojoon, approaching us quickly. "Dalbit, are you alright?"
 
"Yes, it happened quite often lately," Dalbit pulls away her hand from me slowly. She manages to smile at us, "I think I just need to take a rest. I think all of you need to rest as well."
 
I exchange looks with Doojoon and he gives me a slight nod as a sign that we must go back to the house. I walk her to her room, telling her to have a good night rest so she will get well soon.
 
"I'll see you tomorrow, Dalbit," I smile at her.
 
"Tomorrow...," she murmurs vividly but then another bright smile decorates her face. "Good night, Gikwang Oppa."
 
She closes the door behind her, leaving me to stand in the dark.
 
Something in her sincere smile makes me feel uneasy.

__________

Note #4:
It's another short update. I hope you like the story till now.


"Everything starts with a wish."
- Cinderella