Chapter 4

From Afar

I flipped my desk calender to the next page. 

May. 

8 months has passed since the first day I set my eyes on Kim Jiwon. And I have done nothing about it; I mean, not that I could actually do anything about it. In the last two months, my feelings for him has grown so strong. I really wanted to be friends with him. More than friends in fact, but let's just keep it at friends for the moment. I felt so suffocated. I didn't tell Suhyun much about it because she was so stressed up with her schoolwork and I didn't want to bother her.

As I began to find out more about Bobby, I fell for him harder. He is such a family guy, always placing his family first place. And despite his looks, I never once saw him hang out alone with girls. They threw themselves at him, yes but he didn't even respond. Which made me felt more afraid of rejection. What if he just ignored me if I went up to talk to him? What if he thought I was a creep? But seriously, every time I look at him, he just gets more and more attractive.

Sigh. Lee Hayi cheongshinchallyeo!!! Focus on your school work. Math exam is coming!! I pulled my hair back into a bun and tried to focus on my math worksheet in front of me.

5 minutes later, I couldn't take it anymore. 

"URRRRGGGH." I slid my palms down my entire face. Even in that 5 minutes I was trying to cncentrate, I couldn't stop thinking about Bobby. I got off my chair and plonked myself onto my bed. I rolled around twice and just stared up at the ceiling. This has seriously got to stop Lee Hayi... It's affecting your school work. Please.

I had a Math test next week and now all I can think of is Bobby Bobby Bobby UGH. Why can't we just be friends, maybe then I would think of him lesser when I know how he's really like...

I got my laptop from my bedside table. I opend up Twitter and I started scrolling through Bobby's twitter profile. That has been my daily ritual for the last half a year; going to Bobby's SNS profile at least once a day.

-

20 minutes passed and instead of doing my Math, I have been laying here reading through Bobby's tweets. Being a person that doesn't tweet much, it was easy to find his tweets from many years back and find out what he was like then. I got more curious as I scrolled. Then, I saw it.

Lee Hayi... no.

No, you can't...

NO

I reached out for my phone.

HAYI YOU CAN'T, NO.

I typed in the numbers I saw on the screen. You are so creepy girl... "N-U-G-U" I hit save.

I was scrolling through Bobby's tweets from three years ago and I saw his reply to a friend about his number for some purposse. I was purely curious about whether it is Bobby's number or someone else's so I took my phone and saved it, hoping to check his profile pictures on SNS to confirm if it's him.

Once I saved it, I opened Kakao Talk and there he was, Bobby! What a cutie pie.

But the next thing I knew, I received a KaTalk notification, that Nugu is now my friend! I was stunned for a good two minutes. It's 2am in the morning and crap like this happens... WHAT DO I DO??!?!?! I wanted so badly to scream but I held back. I can't let Bobby think I'm a creep.

I composed myself and went back onto KaTalk to double check if it was really him. I then took down all my profie picture and personal information, so that when he sees it, he wouldn't see me.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I can't believe that I actually went to save Bobby's number and added him to my KaTalk... How am I gnna face him in school now, he'll think I'm so much of a creep... UGH I need to tell Suhyun.

I got up, switched off my table lamp and tossed and turn until I fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N] Thank you thank you thank YOU for all the reads so far! Continue to comment in the box to let me know what you think! Thank you for reading thus far :D