Chapter 9

Stranger in Hongdae

 

“It’s almost ten. Wake up, you kid!” That voice was so bloody familiar in her ears. Minho face came bobbed up upon her sleepy face. Sunye closed her eyes for a moment and let them wide open the next second.

“Unbelieveable.” She stared so widely, almost feeling like akin to someone she had once known before, but she couldn’t dislodge the memory out, not with Minho came to live right in front of her eyes.

“Minho, you’re back!” She made a mad jump and shrieked, insanely, hugging him so closely, but the other guy was, fundamentally, surprised, or other better words than that. She made him feel like an avuncular, as he patted her back, warmly returning the hug – a big-brotherly one, as if to welcome her back, too. 

“Hey, hey, you said you’re getting a job right?”

“When did I say that? A month ago?” She let go, nonplussed.

“What are you even rambling about? Come on.” He tugged hardly. “Don’t be such a slacker in my house or I’ll kick you out.”

“Ay, captain!” She was smiling too brightly for a long time rise while pushing him off the room. “I’ll prepare as soon as possible.” And then, she would book the train home, oh, and called her father that she was okay or maybe stayed a little bit in here before she really went home – and Minho was sighing that he didn’t know how long he could keep up with her.

She was glad that finally, somewhere could be called home.

 

“Your toast.” The cousin urged and she grabbed it after taking her phone that was thrown on the sofa the night she arrived there, checking some messages and voice mails. There was a notification that he phone was going to be dead soon. “Ugh.” Fortunately she had sent a reassuring message to her family, and not to mention, she slipped the remark, I miss you all, there.

“Let’s get some coffee. I’ll drop you off at the nearby coffee house.” He pulled off the car key from the pocket of his coat.

“Alright.” He was going to work, anyway. The idea of getting a job was as bland as she didn’t feel like it anymore.

The ride was barely five minutes, and after dropping her off, Minho drove to the drive through to get his Americano. It was the coffee house that she had been staring into that night, the coffee house that looked so warm, and friendly, and filled with laughter. She loved it there already.

As she was about to order her ultimate favourite caramel latte, someone got into her way, spilling mocha  and iced coffee in between, but a hand still grasped her waist from slipping on the slippery floor. That guy was the waiter – the one that, the taller one, she meant that, and the one that had dropped a cup.

But she didn’t realize him by that. She realised him by his eyes that was far too big for his face, or his lips that would stretched to the end of the radius of his face to reveal evenly white teeth, or just him – Chanyeol. Yes. She realised him by that name.

“Chanyeol.” She muttered, half-breathless. “Park Chanyeol?”

“No. That’s my father.” He replied, politely setting her to her feet, after continuously apologizing for his mistake. She looked around as the customer was so little early in the morning. The other guy was mopping the floor hastily, apologizing also, and the look-alike Chanyeol crouched down to pick the empty cups. “Well, he ran this place.” He smiled so casually.

“May I take your order?”

The world was kind enough, although it appeared to be different for everyone, but what that matter was, she met him. It just started. 

 


Happy first week of 2015 y'all. Love :3