Chapter II

Against Ourselves

Taehyung sighed when he woke up from his sleep. He groaned at the sunlight beaming into his room and annoyingly closed his curtains. It was a Saturday. He jumped back to bed, hoping nothing can disturb his sleep.

He spoke too soon.

The noisy dorm mates in the other rooms always had a habit of playing their stupid instruments that they were majoring in. Piano, Violin, Flute, the freaking Triangle. All of them. Just playing all at once at 10 in the morning.

Taehyung groaned in annoyance, shifting around his bed. The music didn’t stop and someone was knocking on his door. He shot up, growling.

“NO ONE’S HOME.” Taehyung shouted from his bed towards the door. He stuffed himself back into his blankets and hoped for the best.

But the knocking didn’t stop and Taehyung had given up. He angrily got up and stomps his way towards his door.

“What.” Taehyung called uninterestedly and stupid Jackson was behind it, smiling with his stupid smile. “What.” He repeated, resisting to punch the other.

“Oh come on, Tae,” Jackson cheered almost too happily to Taehyung’s comfort. “It’s Saturday! Let’s get out and get some babes, yeah?”

“No.”

Jackson pouted.

“No.”

“Oh, come on, let’s go find ourselves some sweet, hot angels, cool?”

Taehyung paused. He stared at Jackson for a second and his lips curved into a smirk. “Alright, sure.” He said. It wouldn’t be bad to find some hot angels right?

It didn’t take long for Taehyung to get ready either. Just a few minutes and he came out his dorm with his hair styled, a pair of black jeans, a white shirt and a black leather coat.

Kim Taehyung

Fallen Angel Rank: Two Wings Rookie

First Mission: Eliminate an Angel

Taehyung had stared at his mission with a somewhat excited feeling. He looked up at his Fallen Angel instructor, an upperclass fallen angel named Mark, who had a serious expression.

“I only have one advice for you.” Mark said nonchalantly. “Do not hesitate to kill.”

The sun annoyed Taehyung. It was bright, too bright for a Fallen Angel. He hated it. It was annoying and had no reason to brighten the world when darkness would soon rule over.

He adjusted his sunglasses against his eyes, ignoring the flirty stares from the nearby females. He didn’t have time for them. He was on a mission after all.

He had found an angel yesterday. He was a small angel with black hair and he was eating honey buns.

Taehyung had launched an attack but it seemed he was underestimated as the angel had formed his wings and easily dodged his attack. Not expecting this, Taehyung had retreated after blowing his over. He was supposed to kill that Angel with one hit.

He was a Two Winged Angel. Taehyung found that interesting and decided to make sure to have some fun before killing him.

But it might be difficult to carry this mission.

Why?

Taehyung turned around.

Jackson.

“Can you stop stuffing your mouth with cheese.” It was more of a demand than a question. Jackson was a weird kid. He was distracting, weird and flirty. But then again this kid was trained in Martial Arts and all those other fighting whatever classes.

Taehyung shook his head as Jackson continued to eat. The young Fallen Angel just sighed and continued walking, searching to complete his mission.

He found the human world interesting. People were all different. There were good people, ew, and there were bad people. And then there were people who were both good and bad, if that made any sense.

Walking was pretty interesting too. Taehyung didn’t have to worry about spreading his wings and getting them hit by stupid trees and people.

“Hey, stop walking so fast~”

Ignoring him, Taehyung continued to walk. The more time he wasted, the angrier his Fallen Angel boss would get.

He stopped walking.

Taehyung looked around. It was quiet. Not because Jackson was around, but something else was present. He felt it. It could be one of them.

He looked around, it was quiet but there were too many people around ironic as that sounded. He hissed and decided to run on foot for now.

The presence was moving. Taehyung could feel it. He ran and ran to the same park as yesterday with the Angel. There was no one around and it was the perfect chance.

Determined, a pair of black wings grew on his back and Taehyung glided through the trees and towards the aura.

It changed now.

It changed but it was somewhat still there. Taehyung in his teeth and looked around. There was still no one.

And then Taehyung spotted him.

Not the presence but his mission.

The same Angel was sitting on the park bench, drawing the dumb pigeons with his sketchpad and pencil in hand and honey buns at his side. He had headphones on too, listening to music.

This is perfect, Taehyung had thought as he slowly approach the vulnerable Angel. But then he blinked and everything had seemed like it fell into slow motion.

The Angel was gone in a blink and his sketchbook and pencil were floating in there air in place of where the Angel’s hands were before they fell to the ground.

“Who are you.” It wasn’t a question from the Angel. Taehyung turned to his left, staring as the Angel had his wings out and ready in both defense and combat.

Taehyung scoffed. “Aish, I failed again.” He said as he scratched the back of his neck, smirking at the short Angel.

The Angel glared at him in confusion. “Again…?” He mumbled. “You were from yesterday.”

“Ah, so you’ve caught on,” Taehyung teased and within a second flashed to the Angel so now that they were close and face to face, “But too bad you won’t be able to tell anyone.”

The Angel hissed. “You’re confident,” He said and had flew away faster than Taehyung had realized. The Fallen Angel chuckled. He knew this was going to be fun.

Chasing after him, Taehyung shot a bolt at the Angel. It missed but at least made contact with the Angel’s arm, causing something to fall out his hands. It looked like a Halo.

They were now at similar speeds and the Angel was able to withstand and dodge Taehyung’s further attacks.

“Not bad,” Taehyung commented as he smirked at the glaring Angel. He flew across the sky and towards the Angel’s face, examining him. “You know, you’re pretty cute. If we weren’t enemies, I’d totally fall for you.”

Taehyung noticed the slight blush on the Angel’s cheeks. “Yeah,” The Angel smirked. “You would fall.” He said and aimed a sudden kick at Taehyung’s stomach, causing him to collide with the ground.

The Fallen Angel groaned as he rubbed his . He wiped his chin and watched as the Angel levitated in front of him. Taehyung smirked.

“Feisty,” Taehyung said, “I like that.”

“I don’t want to fight.” The Angel suddenly said, taking a few steps back. “We don’t have to do this.”

Taehyung chuckled. “Then maybe we could do something else?” He teased, examining the Angel’s petite little body. “I may be a Fallen Angel but I like to have my fun too.”

The Angel stared in disgust. “Not only are you a Fallen Angel, but you’re a ert too.” He said, somewhat actually humored by this Fallen Angel. “Who sent you?”

“I don’t believe that is any of your business.” Taehyung answered. “All you have to know,” he soared to the other, “is that I’m going to kill you.”

Every Fallen Angel Rookie had their own sword. And as Taehyung had activated his own to finish his mission, the two beings found themselves fly apart and watch a huge dark arrow ambush between them.

They knew neither of them had launched the attack. But they both knew who did.

Giggling was heard from atop of the highest tree. The Angel and the Fallen Angel glanced as a young boy was sitting on top of it, laughing to himself and kicking his feet back and forth.

“Aw, I missed~” the boy said cheerily. He snapped his fingers and another sharp arrow levitated on top of his finger. He smiled at the two. “But that was on purpose.”