Chapter X

Against Ourselves

“You’re being awfully clingy today.” Jimin said as he laughed when Taehyung back hugged him at his locker. It’s been a while since they entered the school.  

The winter break went by fast but the snow had fell hard, which meant a few more days cancellation of school.

It’s been a while since the two saw each other, two weeks really, though they kept in contact by messaging.

“Mhm~ I missed you.” Taehyung whined as he buried his face onto the crook of Jimin’s neck. He felt Jimin move to get his books from his locker and whined. “You smell really nice.” He said. “Haven’t seen your cute face since forever, babe.”

“You’re still as cheesy as ever.” Jimin replied with another giggle. He shut his locker and shifted his position in Taehyung’s arm to turn to face him.

The taller boy smiled and gently pressed Jimin against the lockers, humming as he bumped their foreheads together. “Hmmm, so you missed my cheesiness?”

“In a way,” Jimin began, bringing his skinny elbows onto Taehyung’s shoulders, “your cheesiness can be necessarily sometimes.”

They both laugh with each other, nose bumping.

“Ah, I missed your cute face so much, babe.”

“Alright, alright, enough cheesiness.”

“Guys, no PDA please. This is school grounds.” Jungkook teased as he walked towards the Angel and Fallen Angel. “Keep your kinks and ual activities away from the innocent please.”

“You’re the innocent?”

“Well I’m not the .”

Jimin giggled at the boy as Taehyung’s arms draped down to the Angel’s thin waist. “Taehyung, stop.” He pleaded, smiling at the refusing Fallen Angel. But Taehyung only whined, only to pull Jimin even closer in his embrace.

“But I’m bored.” Taehyung whined into Jimin’s shoulder.

“What do you expect me to do?”

“Mhm~ something~”

“No.”

“Babe~”

“No.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the two. He should be used to this by now but he was not. This was something that one cannot get used to. Nope.

But still Jungkook could smile at this. He liked how Jimin was always smiling no matter what the situation was and he liked how Taehyung could be a little child underneath his Fallen Angel heart.

The three headed to class, sitting in their seats at the back of room. Though Jimin was diligent in school, the Devil and Fallen Angel would fool around behind him, throwing paper balls or balancing their pen.

Jimin whispered at them to stop, glaring at the smiling Taehyung and Jungkook though it never worked and the two would continue to fool around.

“Gosh, at least try to be diligent.” Jimin comment as the three headed down to lunch. He crossed his arms and puffed his cheeks before Taehyung just smiled and wrapped his arms around the smaller.

By doing so, Taehyung watched a smile splatter on his little Angel’s face. He snuggled onto Jimin’s back and smiled. “Mhm~ Babe, I’m hungry~”

“So eat something.”

“Mhm~” Taehyung blew a gust of air to the back of Jimin’s neck. “Can I eat you for lunch?”

There was a small groan from the corner where Jungkook had rolled his eyes and placed his burger down. “I am trying to have a peaceful lunch. Please keep your PDA away from my appetite.”

“For a Devil, you eat a lot.”

“Of course. I’m a growing Devil.”

“But if you continue to eat burgers and fries, it’s not good for you.”

Jungkook blinked blankly. “Like I said, I’m a Devil. Being healthy does not imply to me.” He sassed and resumed eating his lunch. Taehyung only scrunched his nose at the little Devil, the little rude Devil before snuggling back to Jimin.

Jimin smiled at the touch and fed the Fallen Angel a fry. He watched as Taehyung happily ate it, smiling as usual with his bright smile.

“I made lunch.” Jimin said as he leaned back onto Taehyung’s front. He opened a lunch box of sandwiches and smiled at the Fallen Angel who smiled back.

Jungkook rolled his eyes as Jimin fed Taehyung the first bite. It was ridiculous. The two were so blindly in love that it disgusted the young Devil.

“I think I’m going to barf.” Jungkook whined, making a puking expression with full acting skills. He gave the two another eye roll before stealing a sandwich from the Angel. “Since I have to put up with these, might as well enjoy your sandwiches too.”

“Uh no,” Taehyung interrupted as he snatched back the bitten sandwich away from Jungkook. “Babe’s sandwiches are only for me.” He commented and Jungkook glared, literally jumping over the table to retrieve back his bitten sandwich.

Jimin watched as the Devil and Fallen Angel continue to glare at each other. He gave a small smile at the two, adding a small giggle.

School had went by fast and before the three realized, they were already walking home. Taehyung stayed close to the Angel’s side as Jungkook was up ahead playing with the snow.

“Are you cold?” Taehyung whispered towards Jimin, who gave a slow nod. The Fallen Angel smiled and gently pulled the smaller close, wrapping one arm around Jimin’s small waist. “You always ask for me to warm you up, you know.” He teased, pressing his nose against Jimin’s temple.

The smaller smiled and let Taehyung press himself against him. “I’m not the begging type.” He replied, flicking Taehyung’s forehead.

When they arrived at Jimin’s apartment, Jungkook excitedly made his way to the small bed, wrapping himself up in Jimin’s covers.

“It’s cold~” Jungkook giggled into the sheets, curling his knees up against his chest. He looked at Jimin who chuckled at the younger before raising the temperature of the heater.

“Jungkook ah, do you want some hot chocolate?”

“Hot chocolate?”

Jimin nodded. “It’s something humans drink when they’re cold.” He explained and Jungkook brightened.

“Yes please! I want this hot chocolate!”

The Angel chuckled. Oh how adorable the young Devil was. Jimin watched before making his way to the kitchen as Jungkook continue to curl himself up under the covers.

“What are you making?” Taehyung asked as he leaned against the counter. He stared at Jimin, opening two packets of hot chocolate powder. He then wrapped his arms around the shorter, gently pressing against against the counter. “Mh, you smell nice.”

Jimin smiled. “What do I smell like?”

“Mhm, like a mixture of vanilla and...maybe some chocolate. You smell too good.” The Angel gave a small laugh and Taehyung smiled against the smaller boy’s neck. “I like holding you like this.”

“Why do you like holding me?”

Taehyung shrugged. “I don’t know. I know I shouldn’t be doing this.”

Jimin then stopped smiling. “Why aren’t you trying to kill me?” He questioned, his eyes dropping to the hot chocolate.

The smile slowly dropped from Taehyung face before he slowly turned the smaller around. His arms were firm on Jimin’s hips and Jimin stared at the other in confusement.

“Jimin, I…” Taehyung began but after staring into Jimin’s hazel orbs, he couldn’t continue. Instead he found himself slowly leaning in.

They were close, nose almost touching and they both had found themselves slowly closing their eyes. He tried backing away but he couldn’t stop. They were close, too close.

“Jiminnie!”

The two froze at the sudden call. They stared at each other, blushing madly wiht red cheeks and wide eyes. “Uh, s-sorry.” Taehyung said, peeling himself away from the smaller.

Jimin did the same, rubbing his arm awkwardly as Taehyung rubbed his neck. “I-It’s fine…”

Jungkook came in flying with his wings, smiling widely. “Is the hot chocolate done yet?” He asked before retreating his wings. “Hot chocolate! Hot chocolate!”

The Angel laughed. “Yeah, they’re done.” He said, handing the hot cup towards the Devil and another to the Fallen Angel. Jimin smiled softly at him and Taehyung couldn’t help but smile back before taking the hot chocolate.

They settled down into Jimin’s small room. The television was and Jungkook was busy mimicking the girlgroup dances of Girl’s Day and Girls’ Generation and Sistar and AOA as Taehyung and Jimin sat on the bed, watching the young Devil.

“Are you cold?” Taehyung asked lowly to the Angel who was sipping the hot chocolate. Jimin shook his head but Taehyung insisted to pull the blankets more towards the smaller.

“You’re so cliche.” Jimin commented before placing the hot drink on top of his smaller drawer. He smiled at Taehyung who had placed his arm around his shoulder.

“Only for you.” The Fallen Angel answered, bumping their heads.

“Ew, get a room,” Jungkook commented, rolling his eyes at the older two on the bed.

Jimin raised a brow at the Devil. “This is my room,” He retaliated, leaving Jungkook speechless before both of them burst out laughing.

Taehyung had laughed along too but only for a small bit. His laughed dropped and he suddenly faced out the window. He didn’t know why, but something felt weird.

“Tae?” Jimin gently called after noticing the other’s sudden attitude. “What’s wrong?”

The Fallen Angel blinked. “Uh, yeah. I’m fine.” No, he wasn’t. “Um, I’ll right back, okay babe?” Taehyung said before rushing out the apartment leaving a confused Jimin and Jungkook.

He didn’t bother taking the elevator, instead Taehyung took the stairs and spread his wings, speeding down to the entrance.

He knew what the feeling was. He was here. But where, and why?

“Ah, looks like you found me.” The cold voice hit Taehyung’s ears. But it was definitely him. He was here. “What? You’re not going to greet your own hyung?”

“H-hyung…” Taehyung whispered out and Daehyun gave a laugh before jumping off the tree he stood upon. Taehyung froze. He couldn’t register what to say next.

Daehyun smiled but Taehyung could fine the malice in him. “Aw, come here. It’s been such a while since I’ve seen you, little bro.” He said, pulling his younger brother into a tight hug. “How’s your mission coming along?”

Taehyung didn’t respond, causing Daehyun to repeat himself.

“Taehyung, how’s your mission coming along?”

“It’s fine.”

Daehyun smirked. “Oh, that’s great.” He answered and leaned in close. “But I’m going to ask you one last time. How is your mission?”

“I...I still didn’t complete it yet.” Taehyung lowly confessed and Daehyun nodded.

“How long did you think you could hide this from me?” Daehyun continued to question. “Taehyung, don’t you know? You found him, him. Finish this mission and our whole purpose would be one step closer to be fulfilled.”

“But hyung…”

“Don’t tell me you’ve grown feelings for this Angel.”

Taehyung stood silent and Daehyun’s smile drop flat. He pulled gently Taehyung in by the collar and glared at the younger.

“He’s an Angel. You’re a Fallen Angel. You’re us, Taehyung. They’re our enemies. Finish this Taehyung. Finish this for all of us. Finish this for me, your brother. Will you complete your mission?”

Taehyung didn’t respond again. Instead, he looked up at the Fallen Angel leader and at that moment they both knew what Taehyung’s answer would be.

~

Jimin sat on his bed, scrolling through his phone, waiting for any notices from Taehyung. To be honest, he was worried. He was very worried.

The way Taehyung left was surprising. What if something happened? What if he was in danger?

Jimin sighed. Jungkook had fallen asleep on his right shoulder, cutely mumbling things like burgers and hot chocolate. He was so at peace.

But Jimin wasn’t. He felt conflicted with himself. He was worried about Taehyung. He kept thinking if something had happened, in fact, Taehyung was all he thought about.

He thought about how adorable and charming Taehyung looked whenever he smiled. He thought about how warm it felt whenever Taehyung held him close, or whisper those stupid cheesy lines in his ear. He felt everything about Taehyung, how he wanted to stay by his side and how he wanted Taehyung to stay by his.

At first Jimin thought this was just a phase, that it’d go away soon. But it didn’t. He kept thinking of the Fallen Angel. He was toxic but he was also medicine.

And Jimin knew it. That he quite liked Taehyung. That he was in love.

Beep. Beep.

Jimin stared down at his phone, shiftly carefully not to walk the young Devil.

“Come to the park. I need to talk to you.”

Jimin stared at the message, both curious and confused. Why would Taehyung want him to go to the park this late?

After gently placing the sleeping Jungkook on his bed, Jimin grabbed his coat and rushed out his apartment. His mind was full of questions as he made his way and before he had even realize, he had stepped out the building.

The wind was cold and the sky was dark, only to be lit with the bright street lights. It was snowing lightly, and Jimin stuffed his hands into his pockets.

Across the street was the park and where Taehyung stood.

“Taehyung? Is everything alright?” Jimin softly asked, walking towards him with no caution. “Taehyung?”

The younger had mumbled something but Jimin bother with it, wanting to just get Taehyung back into the apartment where it was warm.

He touched the Fallen Angel’s arm, staring up at him. “Taehyung?” Before he could register, Taehyung had spread his wings and slammed Jimin into the tree, pinning him. “Tae-Taehyung!”

There was no response and Jimin watched as Taehyung held his sword in his hand, pointing it towards the Angel. “T-Taehyung, don’t do this...please!”

“Jimin, I…” Taehyung croaked out.

Jimin shut tearful eyes before feeling himself being dropped onto the floor. Jungkook had soared towards them and slammed Taehyung to the water fountain.

“Jimin, are you alright?” Jungkook shouted, running towards the frantic Angel. He glared at the victim. “What the hell are you doing?!”

Taehyung didn’t respond again and got up from his fall. He stared at the two, his eyes having a different feeling.

It was quiet.

Too quiet for when Taehyung had launched forward and elbowed Jungkook’s stomach, the force pushing him back into the trees and knocking him out cold. Taehyung then turned to Jimin and pinned him up again.

“Not bad, Taehyung.” Daehyun said from above.

Jimin watched as the figure in black walked out of the shadows, his twelve black wings out and his hands in the pocket of his black jeans. He had recognized the young man.

Daehyun the Malevolent, leader of the Fallen Angels. He possessed one of the strongest ranks in both the Fallen Angels and Angels factions.

“Now,” Daehyun’s voice was toxic, “Kill him.”

Taehyung remained silent, his eyes not leaving the smaller boy pinned against his own body. Jimin’s eyes were full of tears, pleading for him to stop this.

The tears continued to fall and Jimin let his hand gently rub against the Fallen Angel’s shoulders. “Taehyung, please…”

“Don’t do it,” Jungkook groaned from the side as he tried his best to get up from the ground but to no better than just propping onto his elbow. He couldn’t get up, and because he can’t, he’ll have to watch as Jimin gets killed.

Jimin blinked once, his eyes sorrowful. But he knew what to do. “I…” Taehyung’s voice croaked, his eyes never leaving the Angel. “I’m sorry, Jimin…” Taehyung ended and slammed his sword forward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave lots of comments and

Upvote this story!

Thank you!