The Past is Over

Arabella: The Beginning [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Agnes Obel – Chord Left}

--------------------------------------------------

“Good morning, your Highness.” One of the court members greeted Arabella.

Arabella stopped in her track, raising her head from the book she had on her hands and met a pair of stunning blue eyes.

“Good morning.” She smiled. Arabella was about to continue on her way to her room, but he stopped her by introducing who he was.

“I don’t think I’ve introduced myself before; since I’m new in this royal court. I’m Cyrus, Cyrus Isaac Silas. And I apologize if this is the rudest self-introduction you’ve ever encountered.” He chuckled nervously.

Arabella chuckled as well “No. It wasn’t rude at all. You just happened to saw me walking here, and it’s not wrong to strike a conversation randomly as much as introducing yourself.”

“And, perhaps it was my fault for my ignorance; I didn’t even acknowledge my father had a new court member. But I recall the servants whispering to each other, saying that you’re a handsome man.”

Cyrus laughed “You’re not ignorance Princess, I was sent here only because of my uncle. And I don’t believe myself that I’m handsome.”

Arabella clicked her tongue “Nonsense, you are a fine looking lad; I bet girls are swooning of you as we speak, maybe somewhere at a corner near us. Please call me Arabella; royal address makes me look like a snob, which is the type of people I hate the most.”

He hesitated at first. “Don’t worry, I told everyone to call me by names except those snobbish people.” She laughed.

Cyrus nodded his head “If you say so Pri- I mean Arabella.” They laughed. “It takes sometimes, but you’ll get used to it.” Arabella grinned “Walk with me?” He nodded and followed suit.

“If I may ask, why aren’t you with the rest of the court members, out, with my father as well?” She asked.

Cyrus brushed the nape of his neck embarrassingly “This is embarrassing, but I’m not much of an outdoor guy.” His cheeks reddened.

“I see.” Arabella stopped walking as she nodded her head, then suspiciously looking from one end of the castle to the other end and back to him “Want to know a secret?” She leaned forward a bit.

He leaned closer as well “What?” looking side to side as well.

Arabella covered one side of with the back of her hand, and whispered “My father, King Edward, is not an outdoor person as well, but since he’s the King, he has to force himself to go out, a lot.” She leaned back, straightening her posture.

He did the same and stifled a laugh “Forgive me.” Arabella shook her head “No need to apologize, it’s true. Everyone knows it. Some of the oldest maids or vampires, said that when he was young, like any other adolescent vampire who likes to go out and be free, he doesn’t. They said he liked to stay in the library, spent time in the garden, and do all those indoors activities.”

“Interesting.” He smiled. Arabella chuckled “I know! My grandmother said even though my father was an indoor type of lad, he was a handsome young man once, still is in my eyes, and said that he had caught a lot of ladies attention. Like you I supposed.”

Cyrus smiled bashfully “You are too kind your Highness.” Arabella pouted instantly at the royal address “What happened to being friendly?”

“I apologize.” He’s really handsome every time he smiles “Have I caught your attention?” He said almost in a serious way, but he still looked cheerful.

Arabella stopped dead on her track, anxiously glancing around for an escape route, but elegantly collect all her courage “You did, when we first met, before your impromptu introduction earlier.” She chuckled nervously.

He was about to say something else but the presence of the King made both of them stood still. “Bella darling, good to see you out in the daylight.” Her father smiled.

Arabella returned the smile “Same goes to you father.” Smirking mischievously at her little joke. King Edward slightly glared at his daughter before shaking his head in amusement “Where is your dear mother?”

“Uh…The kitchen?” raising an eyebrow because she wasn’t sure of her answer. Arabella’s eyes swiftly drifted over to Kris who was standing behind her father, he looked green with envy.

The King nodded his head. “Excuse me father, gentlemen.” Arabella gave them a small curtsy and left the garden.

{BGM: Lorde – Bravado |or| Banks - Alibi}

 [or] 

--------------------------------------------------

“Your Majesty, I don’t mean to be ill-mannered, but your daughter have come of an age, haven’t she found her soul mate yet?” One of the court members spoke.

The King froze, for the second time in his life besides the first one where he encountered Akasha; there he stood in the middle of the room unknowing of what to say.

“I will speak to her of that matter later. For now, let’s discuss the matter of the issue regarding the sickness that fell upon the village nearby.” He spoke like a true King, so poise and full of confidence.

Right after the court assembly ended, the King hurriedly made his way to Arabella’s room.

“Your Royal Highness, your father is on his way to see you.” One of Bella’s ladies-in-waiting informed.

Arabella nodded her head “Okay, you ladies may go now.” She smiled so kindly. Just as the ladies left, her father barged in her room as if his royal cape was on fire.

“Are you alright dear father?” She asked anxiously. He nodded his head “Yes! No! I don’t know.” He closed the double doors behind him.

Arabella furrowed “Is your problem somehow connected to me?” Her father looked at her pitifully “I know about your soul mate. No, your mother didn’t tell me, I figured it out myself; buy maybe with a little bit of her help.”

“However ways I found out doesn’t matter. What matters is this situation, have both of you bonded completely?” He asked, curious.

Arabella heaved a sigh “No.”

Her father was about to say something but stopped when a guard barged into the room looking alarmed “Forgive me your Majesty, your Highness, but there seems to be a trouble at the east wing of the castle.” The guard said.

“We’re not done yet Bella, we’ll speak later.” Her father said and left her room in a rushed manner to head over to the east wing of the castle.

When Arabella was about to follow her father, the guard stopped her “You cannot go Princess. It’s a crisis over there as we speak. You must stay here with your ladies maids.” He said and followed the King. Another guard came and blocked her path.

Once the King reached the east wing of his castle, the entire place reeked of werewolf blood. He was frightened thinking that the blood may come from the Prince and he didn’t want any war with China.

But as he got closer to the Prince’s room, the blood didn’t belong to him; it came from one of his pack members. One of his pack brothers got hurt, someone had attacked him.

The Royal physician was called at once to treat the wolf’s wound. Prince Yi Fan stood at the corner of the room with the King “We have to leave.” He said.

“But the weather still hasn’t calm down.” The King reasoned. Kris shook his head “We’ll look for an inn to stay for another week. My brothers and I can’t stay here after this.” He was restraining himself from turning into a wolf and starts a fight, especially with the oldest vampire here.

“I guess it is best for your safety and your brothers as well to be out of this castle, this place is still not safe. I’ll ask my trusted men to find you the nearest inn and still be under my care.” The King spoke.

Kris couldn’t argue at that moment, he nodded and went back to his injured member. At the corner of the room, the King still stood, he sighed heavily.

{BGM: Lana Del Ray – Burning Desire |or| Banks – This is What it Feels Like}

 [or] 

--------------------------------------------------

“What do you mean he’s not at the East Wing anymore? Where is he?” Arabella asked one of her ladies-in-waiting.

“The servants said Kris and his packs are at the inn near town, still under your father’s care. Someone had attacked one of s, so Kris demanded to stay somewhere safer for him and his brothers.” Layla said.

Arabella slowly slumped on her seat, feeling dejected of the news and the empty feelings of him not being around.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter