Chapter 3

Red Strings

About one week after the boy spotting on the bus, Minho found himself waiting outside a dance studio near the school.                 It was a studio that he never knew even existed until Kibum told him about it..

                He pondered as he waited for Kibum, about how close this studio was to the sports shop he visited most of the time and other things. The dance studio was located at the second floor of the building that boy from a week ago ran into. Minho hadn’t even known that the building wasn’t only for offices.

                Bored from waiting, the tall teen decided to look around the studio. He looked through the first few doors and found a workout room, an unlocked studio with a bunch of girls practicing a “y” dance routine that made Minho close to throwing up his lunch.

                The room next to that was an empty studio, the session probably just ended. Minho didn’t move anymore because he thought he saw disappear into the corner of the room and because he just didn’t want to anymore.

                He stood outside that studio, waiting for further evidence that Kibum was indeed present in the room.

                “Bye, hyung!” he heard someone call from inside. It was a male voice sounded like a sound from heaven against his ears.

                “See you tomorrow, Tae,” a familiar voice replied.

                Minho nodded to himself. ‘Yep, Kibum is there.’

                Almost immediately, a boy came out of the room and nearly collided into Minho. The boy paused and bowed, muttering his apology.

                The taller boy stared at the other’s blonde head and took in his slender form. He didn’t know if he should say anything about the situation or not. There was a tug at his pinky that he desperately tried to ignore as he was deeply captivated by the blonde head.

                The boy straightened up and froze. His eyes grew wide, shock obvious on his face and Minho only blinked at him. He didn’t do anything to upset the boy, did he? He only encountered the boy after all. However, the more he stared at the boy, the more his figure seemed really familiar.

                The tugging at his pinky was stronger than ever and his chest was filled with an emotion that he wasn’t sure of, his heart thumping hard against his ribs.

                “Minho.... hyung?” the boy said - almost whispered- unsure and in doubt.

                The tug at Minho’s pinky became unbearable and he could not stop the feeling from taking over him, pulling him forward until his lips collided with the soft pair that was the other’s.

                The taller boy immediately pulled back and straightened his stance, eyes wide as he stared at the other. A feeling of dread started to creep over his chest. He didn’t know what he was doing. He didn’t know why he did it.

                “Taemin?” a familiar voice called from the open studio room.

                Both Minho and the blonde boy jumped in surprise. They looked at each other for a brief second before the blonde boy ran away.

                Kibum came out from the room. “Was that Taemin?”

                Minho blinked at him.

                The raven-haired boy gave him a look. “Platinum blonde hair, small-ish build, slender waist, nearly as tall as me?”

                Minho nodded dumbly, still unable to speak from the earlier shock.

                “Hmm,” Kibum looked down the corridor. “I thought he left a while ago.” He peaked at Minho and sighed. “You’re hopeless. Come on, I need some advice.” The raven-haired teen adjusted his gym bag on his shoulder and walked past Minho, not once looking back at his friend and instead waited for him at the front.

                The taller boy, on the other hand, had other things in mind. His head was cloudy with Taemin’s name. The kiss earlier kept repeating in his head. He sighed. He was hopeless.

=== ^w^ ===

                What Kibum wanted to say wasn’t really important in Minho’s opinion. He only ranted about how he liked Jonghyun for the longest time and the latter didn’t even think about looking at him the same way. It was nothing Minho didn’t already know but a part of him rejoiced at the fact that the two were finally getting somewhere. Now, if only Kibum confessed all these feelings to the right person and not to him.

                The taller boy huffed, effectively cutting Kibum off his rambling.

                “What?” Kibum asked, his eyes narrowing at Minho after being interrupted.. The slight pink, however, that adorned his cheeks after telling the other of his feelings lingered and made Kibum’s expression look ridiculous.

                “He likes you, you know,” Minho said matter of factly, taking a sip from the black coffe that he had ordered.

The raven-haired teen’s stare bore into Minho’s skull.  “Really?”

“More than you think,” he took another sip.

“How would you know?” Kibum asked, pausing to think if he should continue. “Did he tell you?’

                A short silence came between them.

                “No,” Minho answered. “Gut feeling.”

                Silence dawned again.

                A few seconds later, Kibum hurriedly got out of his seat and almost ran to Minho’s side, while trying so hard to look graceful.

                “Can’t you give me some advice?” he pleaded. It was a pitiful sight. “You’re, like, the love psychic at school! You can tell who will get together with who. Surely you know how they get together?”

                Minho looked at the other next to him; trying not to laugh at the expression he was being given. “Why don’t you try telling him how you feel?” he asked, before finishing up his coffee and getting up to leave.

                He didn’t look back as he went out the cafe’s doors. He could already picture the shocked look in Kibum’s face. However, something told him that Key was going to do as he was told.