Chapter 5

Red Strings

Minho dragged Taemin to the park, until they were both standing in front of the swings. The former immediately let go of the other’s hands and dropped his bag on the sand, his smile radiating like a little child’s, before rushing to one of the swings and sat on it.

                “H-hyung,” Taemin called to him, confused. “What are we doing here?”

                “To talk,” the taller one pushed himself back with his feet as a momentum to start the swing moving back and forth. When he saw Taemin his head to the side, he chuckled. “Get on the other one.”

                Taemin complied.

                The blonde one pushed himself back slightly, allowing the swing to move slowly back and forth as he stared at the sand.

                “About last week...” Taemin started.

                “I’ve known your name for a while now,” Minho interjected. “Jonghyun-hyung kept talking about how he wanted to make a band with you.” He smiled, recalling memories. “I’ve only known your name. Kibum didn’t even show me a picture of you, but I’ve always felt attracted to you, you know?”

                He paused and a comfortable silence reigned on them.

                “Like, there’s something inside me that told me that you were the one,” he continued, taking a peak at the blonde one beside him, and he chuckled to himself. “I must sound so cheesy right now.”

                Taemin laughed as well.

                Another silence.

                Someone took a deep breath. With his heartbeat loud against his eardrums, Minho didn’t know if the sound was from him.

                “Can I be honest with you hyung?” Taemin asked. The other gave a noise to continue. “This may sound crazy but ever since I met Kibum-hyung, I’ve seen this really faint pink line tied to my pinky.” He paused, judging Minho’s reaction. When he deemed it safe, he continued. “It was only that for a while, but then, the more I hung out with Kibum-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung, the more pink lines I see between people. I figure it was that string of fate thing because I saw it between Kibum-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung and you can just tell that they were made for each other.”

                He paused again.

                “But... every time I took the bus home or every time I rejected Kibum-hyung’s offer to hang out, I would get this tugging feeling on my pinky. And I would feel like the day was empty. Like there was something missing,” Minho watched him as he talked, recognizing the same feeling he’s been having for a long time.

                When their gazes met, Taemin flushed and looked away. Minho forced his swing to stop.

                “Can you see mine?”

                Taemin looked at him immediately, confused that Minho didn’t think he was crazy yet relieved that he was accepted. He nodded shyly.

                “Who is it connected to?”

                The blonde one’s cheeks turned a darker shade of red. “M-mine.... “ his eyes looked anywhere but at Minho. It sounded so odd to him when these things came out of his mouth.

                Minho smiled. “I knew it,” he said, getting off the swing. His eyes stared at Taemin’s hand, finally he could see the red thread tied to his own.

                “I can see them too. Yet I couldn’t see yours for a while now and I’m glad to find out that everything worked out in the end.”

                Taemin looked at him confused. “Wha-?”

                Suddenly Minho’s lips were pressed against the younger boy’s. A nice tingling feeling spread through both their bodies and they both smiled as they parted, their foreheads touching.

                “That felt nice,” the younger one said, getting a chuckle from the other.

                “Yep.”

                “Hyung?”

                “Hmm?”

                “I think I love you.”

                Another chuckle.

                “I love you too.”

                The smiled at each other again, the glowing red strings between them.

                “Hyung?” Taemin asked, holding Minho’s hand as they walked towards the latter’s house.

                “Hmm?”

                “You won’t leave me right? You’re tied to me after all. That means you’re mine right?”

                Minho chuckled again and hummed, choosing not to give the other a definite answer.   He earned a few playful hits to the arm for that.

                They looked at each other still, their smiles loving. Fate had decided. Nothing would break them apart. There was nothing sharp enough that could cut the powerful string that was between them.

                They both smiled at that fact, tightening the hold on each other’s hands. They were both finally complete with the other by their side.

 -THE END-

A/N: Okay.. that was my contest entry... I nearly didn't finish OAO I was so scareeed... School has kept me so busy... I hope you liked it. It doesn't matter if this wins or not... I'm just hoping that you readers enjoyed it. AND OMG!!! I actually split it up into chapters!! Are you happy? LOL I'm writing another 2min fic so yeap~~ STAY TUNED~~ <3