V. Inappropriate Mr. Nam

Part of the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^ relevant. ish. ^

CHAPTER WARNING: if it's got sungyeol, it's bound to be crack. i'm sorry.

For those wanting Woohyun to show up... We made it! Yay! He's still as dumb as ever. <3 Enjoy the chapter!

 

“Wow, Howon. His name and his address?” Sunggyu whistles in disbelief, “You sure do work fast.”

 

“I just asked for the reprint of Mr. Cha's case files, not for you to mock me,” Howon's face is beet red, and it might just be his own fault for even mentioning anything to his hyung. He should have known better than to mention anything about his private life to this despicable man. It doesn't matter that Sunggyu is his closest friend; he could have just kept shut and not have to deal with any of his teasing and nagging. But no, Howon just had to be so damn happy about the previous night's progress that he just couldn't keep it in damn it.

 

“Mock you? Is that really the kind of friend you think I am?” Sunggyu hits Howon's shoulder. It doesn't actually hurt him, but it stings enough to make Howon flinch, “I'm not here to mock you. I'm here to congratulate you! You've really been doing well for yourself and your sociability.”

 

“Sure,” Howon clears his throat and gets up from his desk to go fetch the documents himself. The printer wasn't that far off his office so he was able to quickly grab it. Once the task was done, he thinks of how badly he's dreading to go back to his office, aware that thirty seconds was more than enough time for Sunggyu to think up of verbal ammunition.

 

Howon walks back into his office, not even lifting his eyes to spare a glimpse at Sunggyu rifling through the various boxes Howon has lying around. Howon slips past Sunggyu with ease, tuning out the older man's grumbled nagging of “keep your office tidy,” “you need to get an actual file drawer” and “what kind of a lawyer piles his previous cases in cardboard boxes and doesn't even think of labeling them—just what the hell were you thinking Howon.” But then Sunggyu actually notices that Howon's back in the room.

 

“Questionable tendencies aside, what do you plan on doing now?” Sunggyu asks, arms crossed and not quite sitting on Howon's desk, “With the teacher, I mean.”

 

“What are you on about?” Howon practically hisses, trying to keep himself busy with the messy pile of documents in front of him. Sunggyu sighs, quite irritably.

 

“I meant, are you going to ask him to hang out or are you going to ask him for a date?” Sunggyu went on to ask rather bluntly, “You know his name, you know how to address him, you know where he lives, so now what are you going to do with the new found information?”

 

“I'm not going to do anything,” Howon says after a moment, eyes firmly locked on the papers he's so desperately trying to arrange. “Why do I have to do something? It's just normal and right for me to know my son's teacher's name. It's not a big deal.”

 

“You mean Sungjong's teacher.”

 

“Sungyeol's, too.”

 

“Oh yeah?” Sunggyu knocks on the surface of Howon's desk to get his attention, “What's Sungyeol's teacher's name then? You know the one—we met him when we were both called down to the office.”

 

Howon doesn't answer. In fact, he leaves a large gap between the question and the present. It only makes Sunggyu snort smugly and sneer in his direction.

 

“His name's Mr. Nam, you idiot,” Sunggyu answers himself, knowing full well that Howon did not, in fact, know the stupid teacher's name. Not even his surname, which was a complete shock, “See? Your previous statement is absolute garbage, Lee Howon. You have motives and you can't deny them for long.”

 

“It's nothing as malicious as you make it sound,” Howon sighs, “Yeah, I do want to get to know the guy better. What's it to you?”

 

“Nothing,” Sunggyu shrugs and hops off of Howon's desk, “I was just wondering whether or not he'll be a new friend of yours, or a possible step-parent for your sons. Either one is fine.”

 

Sunggyu doesn't even say anything when he sees how flustered Howon becomes. He just oddly feels victorious.

 

“You're thinking too much about this,” Howon growls.

 

“Maybe,” Sunggyu snorts and crosses his arms, “Or maybe you're not thinking about it enough.”

 

“That doesn't even make sense,” Howon glares up at Sunggyu. “If you're done talking now, you should really go to your own office. Actually do your job for once. That is the reason you still go to work, right?”

 

“So stingy,” Sunggyu mutters on his way out. Howon's only glad to see his hyung leave. Finally.

 

Now... Where did he put those files again?

 

 

For three weeks now, Sungyeol and Myungsoo have been virtually inseparable. Wherever Sungyeol was, Myungsoo wouldn't be far behind. And wherever Myungsoo was, Sungyeol would be leering half a foot away from him. They've become the best of friends since the day they were both called to the principal's office, and no one dared question the sudden change in their relationship. Mostly because they were scared of Sungyeol.

 

On break time, they would hog the swing set—or, rather, Sungyeol would threaten the other children when they got anywhere near the swing set while he and Myungsoo were there playing. Sometimes they would claim the slide or the jungle gym. The other kids don't even bother with them anymore, and the bullies have developed a fear of Sungyeol.

 

Today, though, the two find themselves in a classroom, with just the two of them. Myungsoo wanted peace and quiet, after all, and Mr. Nam kindly allowed them to stay inside while the other kids went to play. Sungyeol, normally, would be absolutely okay with that, because he gets to sit next to his best friend while watching the other kids play warily through the large windows. But as much as he enjoys Myungsoo's company, he couldn't help but feel upset with him.

 

Myungsoo stays silent beside him, scribbling and doodling on a sketchbook. Sungyeol doesn't take a peek at what he's drawing, even though he so badly wants to know what's on there, because he's absolutely livid.

 

It seems that Myungsoo has noticed.

 

“Are you still upset about this morning, hyung?” Myungsoo asks, not lifting his head to look at Sungyeol at all.

 

Sungyeol snorts and lets out a huff, arms crossing over the desk in front of him, “Maybe I am.”

 

“I said I was sorry,” Myungsoo says softly, doodling solemnly. Sungyeol continues to pout.

 

“I know, but I'm still upset!”

 

“But I'm really sorry,” Myungsoo tries, but to no avail.

 

“But you're still going away!” Sungyeol says, holding himself tighter and his pout turning into an actual frown. That very morning, Sungyeol had invited Myungsoo to stay over at his house for weekend, so that they could play together and so that Sungyeol could show Myungsoo the new toy car that his dad bought for him. Sungyeol wanted Myungsoo to sleep over, too, so they could eat dinner together and everything.

 

Then Myungsoo told him he had to go away for the weekend. To stay with his grandparents.

 

Sungyeol was just so upset. His best friend was going to leave him for a pair of old people. His best friend preferred to spend time with two wrinkly, old people than play games with awesome Sungyeol. Why would he do that? Why would he choose them over him? It just didn't make sense!

 

“Why do you want to spend time with them instead of me, Myungsoo!?” Sungyeol gets up and stomps his foot, “I thought we were best friends!”

 

“We are, hyung,” Myungsoo almost whines, his hands letting go of the crayons he was drawing with. He turns to face Sungyeol, a glum look upon him, his fingers curling and tightening into loose fists, “I'll be back to play with you next week, though! I promise.”

 

“That's not it, though!” Sungyeol looks down at the younger boy, “You should have told me sooner, then I wouldn't be so upset.”

 

“My Appa just told me, last night,” Myungsoo explains, feeling as if he'd wronged his hyung, “I didn't know about it before. When Appa told me, I wanted to call yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter