PROLOGUE: Jongie Daycare

Part of the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Aigoo! After days of brainstorming and reviewing documents involving this fic, I'm finally able to upload the prologue. It's a bit of a disappointment, really, but the story will be much better than this one little entry. Trust me. My sister and I are working on it, and then some. But we thank everyone who subscribed to this fic! 

Oh, it's also worth mentioning that Hoya's parenting is a little...subpar. Compared to others. It's not bad, considering he is the father of a little rascal. Or Sungyeol, as he's better known.

Enjoy! Comment if you liked it. c:

 

 

 Lee Howon is a relatively successful lawyer living in Seoul. His job pays well, he has a nice house, and most of all he has two adorable young sons that he loves so much. They're the only family he has, and he's the only parent they have... Well, if you don't count the biweekly visits they have with their mother.

There's no fault in being a single dad—he rather likes keeping his children to himself—but his stressful job takes a lot of his time and energy, and so does parenting.

Especially since his boys are... Well, his boys.

His eldest son, Lee Sungyeol, is an interesting kid. Sungyeol's a happy boy who's boisterous and cheerful at home. He plays with his toys often, no matter how old or broken they might be; he's responsible when it counts, especially when Howon leaves him with his younger brother. Sungyeol obeys his dad's orders and he does his chores without making a fuss. He's an angel, really.

However, when Sungyeol is at school, papa's nice and obedient little boy turns into a little menace. Howon gets called down to Sungyeol's school at least once a month, and he gets calls from the principal or one of the teachers every week.

Apparently Sungyeol likes picking fights with other kids. He especially likes to pick on Howon's colleague's son, according to that colleague himself. But they both know it's not about bullying the kid, though. Sungyeol just has a very different way of showing affection.

Then there's papa's adorable baby, Lee Sungjong.

Sungjong is a five year old ball of love. He's very pretty, he looks a bit like his mom actually, and his attitude says that he knows exactly how adorable he is. And how much his papa loves him.

Unlike Sungyeol, papa's little Sungjong is very nice and kind—and not just when Howon's around. The kids in Sungjong's school adore him and flock around him to be friends with him. His teachers and caretakers love him because he's polite and respectful.

Sungjong's only flaw might be his relationship, or lack thereof, with other people.

As a child, it's definitely fine and normal to be timid. But it isn't that Sungjong's being shy—he's just picky with people he likes to play and spend time with. He apparently doesn't like playing with other kids much. But he does cling to one of his teachers.

Maybe his kids' personalities come from how they live their lives with Howon. Maybe the fact that Howon usually keeps them with him, and only him, on his off days isn't the best thing. Honestly, Howon wishes he could bring them to the park to play, but he knows that there's no point in trying to get them to make friends. They won't do it for him. They would have to do it on their own accord.

The kids' choosiness in company can also be seen when they're spending time with their mom. Or the 'weird ahjumma,' as Sungyeol likes to call her. It's troublesome for both Howon and his ex-wife if the boys only want to spend time with their papa.

It's not easy having to raise two boys by himself. His ex-wife had moved on completely and only really visits her kids when it benefits her. He doesn't receive any help from her in terms of parenting. So Howon feeds, clothes, bathes and teaches his sons, all on his own.

Well, not completely on his own. Howon gets outside help in form of advice. He has a colleague and good friend who's also a single dad; the two of them understand each other and give each other tips. The only thing is that they're single dads for two very different reasons. Howon got divorced; Sunggyu experienced loss.

Sunggyu didn't like talking about it, but Howon didn't need to ask. He knows that whatever happened in the past cannot be changed. And to be fair, Sunggyu's glad he at least has Myungsoo.

Howon's a little jealous of Sunggyu. He absolutely loves his sons, but neither one of them is as obedient and respectful as Myungsoo is. To Howon, Myungsoo is the product of parenting gone right. Never mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter