XVII. I Wear Your Granddad's Clothes (I Look Horrible)

Part of the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^ relevant because wookey ^

warning(s): myungsoo's totally obvious crush on sungyeol; wookey being wookey; sunggyu's denial, also a half- kid running around tbh

THIS TOOK FOREVER. and i'm sorry. (am i though? kekeke.) i would like to apologize to those people who were expecting this chapter to be up by yesterday, but there's been a few creative problems and i've also been occupied with writing the first chapter of call me mr. princely. (another shameless self-promotion slot. kekekekeke.) brain sister did not want to write, even though i tried my best to make her write bUT SHE ALWAYS HAS EXCUSES WOW SHE'S NOT EVEN READING THIS IS SHE UGH WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME? yeah, she just talks over me and she's looking at that gif above as we speak. anyway, please enjoy and comments are greatly appreciated. uwu

 

“Hyung, what even happens on a date?” Myungsoo had asked the older boy sitting next to him.

Sungyeol grimaced rather pensively, mouth full of the sandwich that was part of his packed lunch, and he remained silent for a moment. The boy looked like he was deep in his thoughts, and Myungsoo just knew that Sungyeol has more than a simple idea of what dates are and what they include. Because in Myungsoo's mind, there just wasn't a single adult thing that his wonderful hyung doesn't understand.

“When two people are on a date, they eat a lot of tasty food,” the older boy had started with a serious tone of voice and a distant stare. Myungsoo found himself letting his eyes study the cool image and aura that the older boy was emitting, “It's dinner or lunch—people don't eat breakfast on dates because everyone looks bad in the morning, and you have to look really good for a date. If you look bad on a date, then it's all over.”

“Really?”

“Yup,” Sungyeol nodded his head slowly, “After that, or before, the two people do things together. Sometimes they go watch movies, sometimes they buy stuff for each other, and sometimes they go to fun places where they can play games or go on rides. They do fun things, and then they say they like each other at the end. If they're too chicken to say that, they would kiss or hug or something.”

Myungsoo blushed at the thought, “Oh,” he muttered.

“Also, someone gives flowers. That's important,” Sungyeol beamed at his younger friend, “Because flowers can mean something, and getting the prettiest bunch of flowers means they like you.”

“...oh.”

“Why'd you ask, Myung?”

“...n-no reason.”

 

But of course he had a reason. And here it is.

Once Myungsoo had reached his bedroom, he slams the door closed behind him. He does it so that when he jumps around and squeaks, his father wouldn't be able to hear it. He holds onto his two handmade flower crowns with a vice-like grip, and a painful smile on his face. And maybe he does make a high sound when he breathes—but only because he's so happy and excited.

Yes. He's going on a date with hyung.

What else could it be about? Sungyeol would never invite Myungsoo for a simple dinner. The older boy would invite him for sleepovers with dinner, yes, but being brought out for the sole reason of eating dinner with Sungyeol—doesn't that sound like he's being asked for a date? Myungsoo doesn't know much about how dates go, but he's pretty sure it sounds similar. Or close enough.

“Hyung and I will go on a date,” he repeats aloud, and then he's leaping onto his bed.

What would even happen on their dinner date? Where would they even go? Was it all planned out by his awesome hyung, or is he going for a surprising approach? Sungyeol has always been the smooth and suave kind of boy, a master of everything with tricks up his sleeves, so Myungsoo has no doubts about the date being able to blow him away. It's just that Myungsoo's curious. He just wants to be able to prepare himself like his hyung always seems to be.

Oh! He could use his imagination!

From lying down with his face buried into the sheets, Myungsoo sits up on his bed and makes himself calm down—comfortable. He pushes his pillow up against the wall beside his bed so that it could stand upright, and maybe Myungsoo puts one of his handmade crowns so that he could better pretend that the pillow is his hyung.

Then his own mind is setting a scene: with a blink of an eye, he was no longer in his bedroom. Oh, no. He finds himself in a classy little restaurant. Instead of the cat onesie that he had put on right after being given a bath earlier that evening, he's wearing a little black suit that matches his hyung's. The imaginary one, anyway.

“Ah, my dear Myungsoo, you look so cute in those clothes,” his hyung would say, his eyes only set on Myungsoo and his lips upturned into the most dazzling smile, “And you look as beautiful as ever,” he would continue on, reaching over to grab Myungsoo's hand with one of his own to press a light kiss on the back of it. Myungsoo swoons and he giggles because his hyung is so charming. “I have ordered us this restaurant's finest pitcher of grape juice and the freshest baked fish filets. Just for you, my sweet,” and Sungyeol hands him a bouquet of red roses. Marvelous.

But it occurs to Myungsoo that that's probably not Sungyeol's style. He's not into fancy. So he shakes his head and thinks up of another place that they could go to, that his hyung could be taking him to. Somewhere more fitting for his sweet hyung. His romantic hyung.

Oh! But of course! Sungyeol would take him to a cake shop, or maybe a warm little cafe. Myungsoo would enter, dressed in pastel-coloured clothes that compliments his hyung's grey and blue attire. Myungsoo would come in to the sight of his hyung sitting by the window, already at a table, looking as cool as those actors in foreign movies. And when Sungyeol sees Myungsoo, he's greeted with a smile and he would be seated by the older boy. They would order cups of warm milk and slices of their most delicious mocha cakes.

No, that won't do. That's not good enough for his Sungyeol hyung. The scenario should be better.

He then pictures himself sitting on a red and white blanket, set on the smooth white sand of a private little beach, with his hyung presenting him the most well-prepared picnic basket filled with a variety of sandwiches and homemade cupcakes, and Sungyeol's favourite brand of peach juice. They would eat silently while gazing into each other's eyes, then maybe after their picnic they could run down the expanse of the beach, watched only by the beautiful sunset.

Ah. Yes. That's definitely up Sungyeol's alley.

“I can't wait!” the blushing boy squeals and knocks the pillow down with the force of his embrace. Myungsoo wraps his arms tightly around the soft and plush object, his legs kicking back and forth underneath him, and he falls asleep to the thoughts of being romanced by his favourite hyung.

 

 

 

 

“Myung... Why are you looking at me like that?”

The raven-haired boy only grins up at Sungyeol, his cheeks rosy and his eyes smiling in little crescents. He's holding his hands together over his knocked knees, and he's doing something with his feet that Sungyeol is a little bothered by. Myungsoo only tilts his head from side to side, and though it should look cute, it only serves to make Sungyeol feel unnerved.

“Nothing, hyung.”

Sungyeol sniffs, and he stares at Myungsoo because he's not buying it. The younger boy makes a sound from his throat, like a swallowed squeal of excitement or a dying cat trying to seek for help, and it makes Sungyeol's eye twitch. Never has Myungsoo acted in such a way. It reminds him of that girl he used to sit next to, the creepy one that kept giving him cookies and heart-shaped cards, back when he was still in preschool.

“It's not nothing. You're being weird.”

Myungsoo only sways at those words, “I'm just really, really happy to sit next to you, hyung.”

Yup. Just like that girl in preschool.

“I'm happy that you're happy, but you have to take notes,” Sungyeol pouts at his dongsaeng, “You're usually taking notes in class, right? It's weird watching you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter