XX. Boys and Ramyeon

Part of the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^ it's like another comeback holy nugget (relevant gif) ^

warning(s): drama. angst. kim myungsoo. also woohyun but you know he is a warning himself

guESS WHO'S BACK? BACK AGAIN. us. and we would have updated a little earlier if it weren't for a certain stupid laptop breking down on us and needing reformating!!!!!!!!! very little files could be saved and this chapter had to be rewritten. so, we apologize for making you wait for such a thing;; i'm sobbing honestly;; 

also, we'd like to apologize for the length of the chapter;; it was stressful and we couldn't make it longer;; we'll make it up some other time!!

ANYWAY. 'ere go~

 

Myungsoo slams the door to his room, not even bothering to listen to his father. The little boy rushes over to his bed, flinging himself onto the mattress and burying his face into the pillow, screaming in pure frustration. He absolutely hates his dad! As he kicks at his mattress, only one question comes in his mind: how could he, Myungsoo's own father, trick him like that!? What ever happened to only having each other!? Doesn't he know how easily a heart breaks?

“I hate you, Appa! I hate you!” he whines against the pillowcase.

Why couldn't Kim Sunggyu be a better father? He should know what not to do! Myungsoo, his own flesh and blood, was used as a pawn in his father's twisted game of love and betrayal. He, an innocent seven year old boy with nothing but pure adoration for his beloved hyung, was baited and given false hope for what could have been the greatest romance in history.

 

 

 

“Oh, these are from Sungyeol,” Mr. Lee told them, handing them plastic containers full of side dishes. Delicious-looking side dishes, perhaps made by the hands of an angel.

“Your son sent these?” Myungsoo's dad asked, his tone skeptical.

“He was worried about Myungsoo's health,” Mr. Lee informed them, “Since you obviously don't, what with all the grease you feed your child.”

“For the umpteenth time, Lee Howon, they're healthy takeout!”

“And as I've said before: takeout, nonetheless,” Mr. Lee shrugged off, “Anyway, my sons and I worked hard to make these before I sent them off to their mother's. Sungyeol hopes you'd actually eat them and not throw them away—like how you do with your health.”

“Shut up, Howon.”

Myungsoo promptly ignored his father's protests, focusing instead on the wonderful gift that his hyung gave him due to his immense care and concern, strongly confirming the older boy's affections. The little boy grinned as he held onto the containers full of delectable food, his heart fluttering in his chest as he carefully took them back to the kitchen.

When he came back to the living room, having expected that his father would be rude to his soon-to-be father-in-law and kick him out of their house, he noticed that, instead of an empty living room, the two men seem to have been having a serious conversation.

“It worked, Howon,” his father told Mr. Lee, who only quirked a brow at him.

“What are you talking about?”

“The plan! The plan that I thought of. It definitely worked,” his father cheered, grinning from ear to ear as he clapped his hands, “Those two idiots are no longer bothering me.”

“You mean the plan that included using my son,” Mr. Lee drawled, “not to mention using your son.”

“I only did what I have to do,” Myungsoo's dad stated, “Who cares, anyway? They had fun with their friendly little dinner.”

“Ouch.”

“Excuse me?”

“It's okay, I know you're blind to these things,” Mr. Lee said dismissively, “Continue.”

“What the hell are you talking about, Lee Howon?” his dad asked, quickly shaking whatever thought it was off, “You know what? Whatever! I don't care about whatever you're on about. Those two idiots are gone, off my back, and I'm content.”

“You're breaking hearts, hyung.”

“Like I said, I don't care.”

“You tricked your own son.”

Myungsoo looked up at that, hiding his body behind a wall. What did Mr. Lee mean?

“Trick him? Please, Howon, not like my precious little angel thought it was an actual date,” his father sputters casually, “I mean, really, why would I ever have purposely set up my son on a date with that thing you call your child? No such thing will ever happen. Not to my Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo's heart sank.

“You're breaking the poor boy's fragile heart.”

“How would that even happen? Why? You're being really strange, Lee Howon.”

The date was fake? He was used? Did his hyung know about this? Myungsoo lips quivered as he frowned deeply, his chest feeling tight. He couldn't have...right? The date was too real. What he felt was real. He was sure his hyung couldn't have been part of this detestable plan. Sungyeol hyung was a victim too, like him. They were both used to play with the hearts of two poor souls.

His dad will not be forgiven.

“Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo did not respond to his father's call. He was running away quickly, his eyes swelling with tears as he quickly makes his way up the stairs and to the safety of his bedroom.

 

 

 

Sobbing quietly, he ponders a thought: does his father even love him? How could he betray him like this? How could he treat his son so badly? Why couldn't he have asked Myungsoo for help, instead? Tricking him with such a thing, using the love of his life to pull him in, is too cruel...

However, it's not so bad. It's not all pain and tears.

Myungsoo sits up and looks over to his bedside drawer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter