001

Step By Step

001

"Yah! What are you doing?! Wait, stop it! Gah!" Key yelled as Jonghyun continued to smear clay onto his face.

"Stay still, Key! I'm gonna make you into a piece of art!"

"Kim Jonghyun, yo-"

"Baby?" Both boys turned to look at the intruder. After seeing who it was, Jonghyun immediately leaned away from Key and started to clean up.

"Oh hey, Sekyung. What's up?" Key tried to lighten the atmosphere with small talk.

"Not much. What are you guys doing?"

"We're making vases. It was due today but we goofed off in class so here we are trying to finish them," Key answered and returned his attention to the small vase spinning on the pottery wheel infront of him.

"Oh," Sekyung sat down on an empty chair and waited for her boyfriend to pack up his things. "Are you ready, baby?"

"Yeah almost. Here can you hold this? Let me just set my masterpiece out to dry."

"You're done?" Key asked his friend.

"Yup, an hour ago too!" Jonghyun replied excitedly.

"What? So you stayed in here to distract me?!"

"Yup."

"Jerk."

"Yes, I am. Now buh-bye! Have fun being cooped up in here while I'm on a date with my baby!" Jonghyun teased and threw his arm around Sekyung's shoulder before exiting the room.

"'Have fun being cooped up in here while I'm on a date with my baby', bastard," Key muttered to himself.

"Well someone's bitter," a voice said, startling Key. He glanced at the door to see who had spoken.

"Oh hi Taemin."

"What are you doing?" Taemin walked to the seat that Jonghyun had previously occupied and sat down.

"Making a vase for art class."

"Hm," Taemin mumbled and stared as the other boy carefully molded the sides. After a few awkward moments of silence, Key decided to speak up.

"What are you doing here?"

"Why can't I be here?"

"I was just asking."

"Dance practice is over and I didn't want to go home yet."

"How'd you know I was here?"

"I passed by Jonghyun and his girlfriend in the hallway; they were talking about you being here."

"Oh."

"Key, do yo-"

"Hey Kibuuuumm," the door slammed open and in walked Key's best friend, Choi Minho. After seeing the redhead beside Key, Minho paused in his steps. "Uh, hi Taemin."

The said boy only gave a quick glance as a reply but that was enough to make Minho's heart flutter. After recovering from his mini-heart attack, the tall boy walked to his best friend's side.

"Are you finished?"

"Almost, just let me just fix..." Key trailed off and concentrated on fixing the vase. An awkward silence filled the room  as Key finished up and set the vase out to dry. After all his things were packed up, Key remembered that Taemin had started saying something before Minho barged into the room.

"Hey Taemin, what is it that you were saying before Minho came in?" Key asked and stared at the boy. Taemin looked at Minho and then shrugged.

"Nothing. I'll leave now then."

"Okay," Key said hesitantly. "Bye."

"What's his problem?" Minho spoke up after the boy disappeared from sight.

"You," Key answered and started walking to the door. After a few seconds of confusion, Minho finally started to follow his best friend.

"Hey Kibum, how do you feel about some ice cream?"

-

"... and then we went to grab some dinner at that new place that just opened. What was it? Um, something about Italian food. Wait, well it served Italian food anyways. I had alfredo. It was good."

Key balanced the phone between his right shoulder and ear as he listened to Jonghyun's rant.

"Mm," Key muttered and sat on his bed.

"What are you doing?" Jonghyun asked suddenly.

"Getting ready for bed, why?"

"Let's go grab some ice cream."

"Right now? It's ten."

"I know but Sekyung is on a diet and won't eat anything with sugar or carbs or all the good stuff in it. You know what she ate at the restaurant? A salad! A freaken salad! That's why I need you to come with me!"

"But I'm in my PJs and I already had some ice cream with Minho earlier," Key whined.

"I'll be there in five minutes."

"Fine."



"So, how's life?" Jonghyun asked and his ice cream.

"Seriously?" Key asked back.

"What?"

"Can't we just walk and eat our ice cream without any chit-chat?"

"Okay, geez. Just wanted to break the awkward silence. You know, for every awkward silence, a gay baby is born." Key scoffed and started walking faster, leaving the shorter boy behind.

"Key, wait up!" Jonghyun sped up and pulled Key's arm to turn him around. The momentum then caused Key to bump into Jonghyun and his chocolate ice cream cone.

"Yah! My shirt! OHMYGAWDD!" Key freaked out and threw his own strawberry ice cream cone to the ground. "Of all the days, I decide today to wear a white shirt. Damn it..." Key muttered and attempted to wipe the ice cream off with his hands.

"Stop, Key. It's not working. Let's just go and wash it out," Jonghyun grabbed Key's hands and forced him closer. After looking into each other's eyes, both their minds blanked out and a few minutes later, Key was left alone in the park.

"What the hell just happened?" Key mumbled to himself and touched his lips. Did he and Jonghyun really just kiss?

"Key?" Falling out from his daze, Key looked up to see Taemin a couple feet away.

"Taemin? What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Taemin threw back as he walked up to Key.

"I was eating ice cream with Jonghyun but, as you can see, he's disappeared."

"Yeah, I know that part."

"What?"

"I saw the kiss." Key's eyes widened. So it really DID happen. "Next time, tone it down or do it in private."

"Wha..?"

 "You guys were practically shoving your tongues down each other's throat."

"Oh."

"Yep. Don't stay out too late. There are creepers around," Taemin warned before turning around and walking away.

-

"Jonghyun!" Key called out when he spotted him in the hallway. The shorter boy took one look at Key and ran off. "Yah! Why are you running away? I need to talk to y-oomph!"

"Are you okay?" Key looked up and saw none other than Taemin.

"Oh hi," he said and stood up.

"Here you go!" A cup of coffee was shoved infront of Key's face.

"Thanks Minho," Key grabbed the cup and took a big long gulp before looking in the direction where the dino-boy ran off to.

"It's about yesterday, huh?" Taemin spoke up after seeing where Key was looking at.

"What happened yesterday?" Two pairs of eyes glared at Minho, who threw his hands up in surrender and backed away.

"Nothing," Key answered and whipped out his phone.

"Aw, come on, Key. I know you. When you say 'nothing' you really mean 'a whole bunch of crap that I don't want to talk about with strangers around'. I get it and I'll take care of it." Minho then proceeded to face Taemin.

"Hey short stuff, leave." Taemin glared at the taller-by-one-or-two-inches boy.

"Minho, what are you doing?" Key asked after seeing the two boys glare at each other.

"Nothing," Minho quickly answered and looked at Key, who gave him a suspicious look. Right as Key opened his mouth, the bell rang.

"You're lucky the bell rang," Key said threateningly and turned to walk to his class. Minho wiped the make-believe sweat on his forehead and turned to see that the red head had disappeared also.

"Damn."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first chapter! DUHDUHDUH!

I wrote this when Jonghyun and Sekyung were still together so that is why she is his girlfriend in here. I am too lazy to change it so if you don't like it, please change it in your mind to who you would like it to be. :)

I already have about nine chapters of this story written so as I continue to write more chapters, I will hopefully post those up. I'm not sure how I will update this story but we'll see. We'll see.

Till chapter two!!!

P.S. Please tell me if the font is annoying. :)