Lacroix? Or Not...

Heartbreaker Inc.

GD, CL, Jinhee, and Mr. Pinkie Elephant take the rectangular box up to the third floor. A minute or two later, the trio plus giant, pink elephant arrive in front of a door marked with exquisitely plated numbers, three... followed by a zero... followed by a six. Without a moment of hesitation, GD goes straight for the door handle.

Jiggle, jiggle. It's locked.

CL breathes out a tired sigh. Why, because it's locked? Uh, no... because GD tried to open a locked door by jiggling the handle. Doesn't he see the security box thing? You need a code to click it open.

Jinhee utilizes her magic finger, yet again. This time, it doesn't take ten pushes. It only takes four pushes and a half... and the door magically unlocks.

"I can't believe this... she knows the code, too?"

Jinhee looks up at the two "grown-ups" with a blank stare. "The code is the same as her room number. I thought I already mentioned Aunt Cyndi's favorite number is 306?"

"Stilll... who uses their apartment number as the code? That's like inviting trespassers..." Mr. Pinkie Elephant starts to slip from his shoulder. GD yanks it back in place.

"Would you have guessed the number?" Jinhee shakes her head and adds, "I don't think so."

"She's got a point, GD. The probability of us guessing her code is extremely slim... especially when it's the same number as the apartment."

"Because seriously... who does that?" It must be a Cyndi thing.

CL pushes the door. It opens onto a spacious living room with Italian furniture, state of the art equipment, and very, very disturbing art decor. Three pairs of eyes scan the place. No Cyndi in sight.

"Hello? Cyn?"

"Aunt Cyndi? Where is the giant panda bear Uncle JJ gave you?"

This girl... she doesn't even care about locating her Aunt Cyndi first. All she cares about is some giant stuffed animal?

Before they have a chance to call out again or venture further into the lair of Heartbreaker's number one heart breaker,they hear a sound coming from the room on their right. It is the distinctive tapping sounds of heels on hardwood floor. If CL is not mistaken, it is the sound of Manolo Blahnik... possibly made from alligator skin?

The door opens, and Cyndi steps out.

Jinhee is the first to comment on Cyndi's full-body outfit. "Aunt Cyndi, are you playing superhero and villan? Are you Catwoman?"

No, Jinhee... she's not Catwoman. GD and CL know what the outfit suggests. Yes, yes... some kind of act, most likely. Heartbreaker's number one heart breaker is in full gear with her hair tied in a ponytail that says she means serious business. What is she wearing? A black silk bustier laced up in the front. Tight short shorts to match. If Lacroix ever made wear, this would be it. Oh, and let's not forget about her over the knee, stiletto-heeled boots... definitely Manolo Blahnik... suede with lacey cutout on top.

Does she have a whip? Yes, yes... She has a whippy crop. Cyndi sure didn't lie when she said she was busy... ah well, that's Cyndi. She never lies... unless she's under the influence. There's just no telling what comes out of people's mouths when the alcohol hits the bloodstream.

GD and CL are worried... extremely worried. Is there someone in that room she just came out from? But then again, Heartbreaker's number one heart breaker knows better than to bring her client target back home (real home).

"I'm afraid I'll need you to watch Jinhee baby for a little while longer. I have some business to settle. It won't take longer than an hour." Cyndi promises, giving the whip a little test run. She flicks her wrist sharply. Good. It's in working order.

"What are you going to do, Aunt Cyndi? Can I come with?"

"I'm going to go kill the bad guy. And, no. No, you can't go, baby. Don't you like playing with your two new friends?"

The little girl looks up at the two "grown ups" standing beside her and ponders. "Well... I guess. I'm not too sure yet."

"Well, spend a little more time with them and be sure. Doesn't that sound like a good idea?"

"Sure."

The conversation has run its course... all the way to the end... but GD and CL are still stuck hovering on the "I'm going to go kill the bad guy" part. It doesn't sound like a joke. No, really, it doesn't. She means to go kill the bad guy... and they're pretty sure they know the identity of this "bad guy." The guy that shall not be named in her presence.

"Cyn is really going to jail this time... I'm not ready for this!" CL's sudden outburst startles GD out of his serious meditative thoughts about how to clean up the mess when Cyndi's done with killing the bad guy.

"I don't think Aunt Cyndi will go to jail. She won't get caught. Not if she can pull off a purrrfect crime as Catwoman, right Aunt Cyndi?"

"Awww, baby. You are too smart for your own good." Cyndi's sinister smile sends electric shocks down their spines. She's got it all planned out. She has made an arrangement with the so-called bad guy... saying she wants to negotiate over a game of . He's probably already checked into a room by now and waiting for her to arrive. When she does, she will be extra careful... not to touch anything that would take a fingerprint. As Heartbreaker's number one heart breaker, she knows better than to wipe down the surfaces. That would only raise suspicion. She wants to make it look like he got off alone... a terrible tragedy in a game of auto asphyxiation. 

Cyndi has the perfect imagine in her mind... of him tied to the bed with a noose around his neck. He should've known the risk that comes with naughty pleasure. Mmmhmm.

"We'll take care of her while you take care of... uh... yeah." GD turns to CL for approval. CL agrees to the plan... not because she's been brainwashed by Cyndi... no no no... there is a mighty good reason why they should take care of the girl instead of handing her over to a crazy auntie (soon-to-be murderess).

"Excellent. You three can hang out at my place until I get back."

Will she get back? Or will she end up on the run, or dead, or worse... in jail? No, no... she'll definitely be back. After all, she's Heartbreaker's number one heart breaker. Getting away with murder shouldn't be too hard for her, right? Right?!

Moving on.

"There's nothing here for me to play with though." Jinhee frowns while scanning the room with her fun-scope for the second time to confirm. "Can't I just wait in Uncle JJ's apartment? It's just next door."

Today is full of surprises for GD and CL. "What?! You two live next door to each other?"

"No... when she said next door, she meant the next apartment building over."

"Oh... it must be that one that guy walked into. The one I hit."

"The boss is at home?"

"It doesn't matter. Uncle JJ's passcode is the same as Aunt Cyndi."

The two heart breakers look down at Jinhee. "Is his apartment number also 306?"

"No... it's 1306."

"Close enough."

"I'm sure he won't mind you staying there for a while, baby. Besides, he has many more toys for you to play with than I do."

"Yah."

"Will you be my eyes and ears, baby?"

"Yah."