Cured? Or Not...

Heartbreaker Inc.

The view of Heartbreaker's seductive, retro style lobby isn't too shabby from behind the front desk. If he didn't possess a strong appetite for adventure and cosplay, he would definitely choose to work this laid-back job (from behind the front desk). 

Wait a minute... if it isn't his job to be behind the front desk... what the heck is he doing behind the front desk? Well, it's kind of a bland, short story, but we'll try to spice it up and make it as long and winding as possible. He is temporarily taking over for the main 9am to 12pm receptionist because he's a nice guy. That's the bland, short story... but let's go into more detail. She left early for a family emergency. Her husband's mistress is giving birth to his second baby, and... he's out of town, so... she's taking a two hours drive to the hospital in order to give the other woman moral support in her husband's place. Wow, she's nice. Usually, the wife should be hating on the other woman. Not in this case. Actually, the other woman is also her younger sister. And really, they're not going to let some guy, the love of their life, get in the way of their girl bond. Hell no, sistah. And, how do their parents feel about this arrangement? They don't feel... simply because they're dead. Rest in peace mom and dad (of two sisters sleeping with the same guy). Their family tree is going to be hella confusing. Hella. What would their kids call each other? Sister cousin? Brother cousin? Hell. It doesn't sound too bad. And... because GD is a nice guy (and because he lost a bet during one of their company's moral raising outing after getting into a minor tiff with one of Heartbreaker's dream teams of lawyers), he agrees to take care of the remaining one hour, thirty-six minutes, and forty-seven seconds of her shift.

"Fifteen, fourteen, thirteen-"

"Excuse me. Do you work the front desk?"

"Nine, eight, seven-"

"Do you-"

"FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE!" GD looks up with a bright smile, bright enough to cause a major traffic accident right outside the double glass, spinny spinny doors of Heartbreaker Inc. He's free at last! Thank goodness he doesn't work this job. He almost died from doing nothing. "Sorry, sir. My shift just ended a second ago... but..." He turns to the woman standing directly behind him and stares closely at her name tag (the one pinned to her chest). "Rose will be more than happy to assist you." GD turns back and gives the man a good long look. 

Hmm... he doesn't really come off as a man suffering from a broken heart. He's more like... a terminal patient who just found out he wasn't terminally ill. And, his face is pretty. It doesn't look like a face belonging to someone who just got dumped.

Whatever. He's getting the hell out (from behind the front desk). Time to go play dress up and experiment with exotic accents. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Good day, sir. My name is Rose. How may I be of service?"

"Him." He points to the young man skipping away most joyously toward the dressing rooms. "Does he really work the front desk?"

"No. He is one of our official heart breakers, Kwon Jiyong. Would you like to make a special request for him? But before that, we are giving away free consolations-"

"Ah, so he is one of the heart breakers. Yes he seems... rather odd. I guess they need a little eccentricity to work it correctly."

"Sorry, sir. You are here for..."

"I am looking for my Xinling. Is she available?"

The receptionist named Rose turns to the glowing blue holographic display and searches from a Mai Xinling. The computer spits out a lot of question marks. No such employee exist in the database. "I'm sorry, sir. There is no match for Mai Xinling."

"Ah, I mean... Cyndi Wang."

"Oh, our number one heart breaker, Cyndi? Do you have an appointment?"

"I would've called her, but I wanted my return to be a surprise." He slips her his card. "Is there any way I can meet her right now?"

Just one look at the card and that's all it takes. "Of course, sir. It's an honor to actually meet you in person. Your appearance is so rare... Ah..." The receptionist giggles at her sudden burst of 'OMG, it's him!' "Pardon me... I was a little too excited. Of course, I will have her come down immediately."

"No, no. That won't be necessary. You can just tell me which floor, which wing, and I'll be out of your hair in no time."

The receptionist doesn't seem like she wants him to 'get out of her hair.' Please be tangled in it FOREVER! "She currently has the entire seventh floor on lockdown. I don't think—"

"I'll manage." He winks and she swoons... almost. "Thank you, Rose. My Xinling seems to be working extra hard."

Or more like slave driving extra hard. Ever since the day Mr. Rank Number Two betrayed everyone and established his own heart breaking company right down the street.

• • • • • • • 

The tight leather skirt swishes as she walks. Then, BAM! The crack of her treasure hunter whip sends everyone into total silence. "There is a traitor among you six..." A faint burning smell circulates the room... did she just light the air on fire with her whip? Scary... "No one is leaving until I find out who it is."

"But what does wearing school uniforms have anything to do with anything?"

"It has everything to do with everything. We are playing Schoolhouse. I am your teacher from hell and you are my pupils."

"But—"

"It's better to read your faces, dearies. Now, as you all know, someone has been transferring client data to... to... to... the monster." Wow, so pissed, she can't even say his name.

The suspects in cute school uniform glance at one another. They don't really know about Jiro being a monster, but there's a monster right here, right now, in front of them... wearing a creamy white blouse, tight leather skirt, and killer heels... that are super painful to look at. Is it? Could it be? Yes, it must be part of the torture... to smoke out the traitor.

"Am I interrupting something important?"

Six pair of eyes turn on the new arrival. How the hell did he get through the lockdown? Oh, look how he shines through the darkness. They are in awe. Is he an angel come to save their souls?

That voice... she hasn't heard that voice in... years?

She turns sharply, carving two black crescent into the floor with her deadly heels. Yes... that is definitely the smell of burning rubber. "Well... look who decided to show up? Do you know how many times I've tried to contact you? Do you even know the current state of your own company? Class is dismissed!" With a press of a button, the entire seventh floor makes a quick recovery.

The light! The light! It's so beautiful. And, this man... this angel... he is indeed their mighty savior. But, wait... did she just say... his company? Then... that makes him... CEO of Heartbreaker Inc? Whoa! The shock! Like... no one has ever really seen his face around. There's no news of him or any photos of him. It's like he doesn't even exist... but he does. He totally does. And, he's stand right there. Whoa!

"Class is dismissed! Dismissed, dismissed, dismissed!"

They all rush out before she changes her mind and places them all back in the boiling cauldron. Everyone, that is, except for Mr. CEO. Welcome back, dude.

"Calm down... it can't be good for your skin... although... it might take a lot more than this to cause a blemish... perhaps... hmm..." He looks as if he is deep in thought... about her skin care secrets (if there are any secrets at all).

She marches over and secures a hold on his wrist. Like, seriously... can't let him run away this time. Heartbreaker has a serious problem that needs solving. He's the CEO. He should be here toiling away with the rest of them.

"Where have you been? How can you just leave me with everything and take off? Then, not a word. Do you know how long it's been since you stepped foot into Heartbreaker? Do you?"

"I... have an reasonable explanation for everything. I went abroad for treatment. I didn't know if it would work or not, so couldn't have any contact with you or anyone associated with you. But now, I'm cured!" Yes, he is able to talk to her normally and keep his calm. He is cured!

"You were sick? No wonder... you look thinner... and paler than I remember." She drops her whip. A one hundred and eighty degrees turn around! She's soooo good at it. "Are you still sick? She reaches up to feel his forehead. You should have told me straight away and avoided the questions. I was really mad and worried... most mostly mad. Things have not gone well. I thought it was... but it wasn't."

"Zee... zee..."

"You're even stuttering. Are you really fine?"

Damn... he can't even say her name. He can totally say it in his head though... Xinling, Xinling, Xinling. Why the hell is it so hard to say it out loud in front of her face?

"Did you have breakfast? What time is it? Lunch? You must've come right off the plane when you heard we were in trouble, didn't you... oh, you poor thing."

Crap. Why is his face burning up? Why is his heart pounding like a sledge hammer? His ribs are going to break at this rate. How are his pupils doing? Are they dilated? He rummages his suit pocket for a miniature mirror. Ah, there it is. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! They are! They are! He is not cured! Not cured!!!!!! Oh this .

"Zee... I'll call you later." And he runs for his life, while she's totally off guard.

"Cyn, is everything alright here? I heard you had this floor on lockdown." What bad timing.

"One sec, CL baby." Kim Jaejoong... faking your illness and tricking me? Want to run, huh? She flicks her trusty left shoe in the air and catches it. What is she going to do with her shoe? She is planning to throw it right at the back of his head and render him unconscious.

"Cyn... are you planning to throw sixth edition at that guy's head? But... just the sheer weight of it... are you planning to commit murder? I don't want you to go to jail!"