blinded.

PCY's and LMY's drabble collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Blinded
-----------------------------

 

 

I sighed in exasperation, dragging myself inside the cafe while I look for a good place. Being in here puts me in ease, I'm not sure how but I feel the real peace. I sat in one of the chairs which is in the middle of every table. I motioned the waitress to come get my order, glancing at her- she seems like a new worker.

 

Her face was unfamiliar- she had long wavy hair and bangs which covers almost half of her face.

Wait, why am I even staring at her? I avert my gaze somewhere else as I wait for her to come.

"Good day sir, may I know your orders?" The waitress asked as I scrolled down endlessly on my phone, not really listening at her. I told my usual orders and just nodded my head when she repeated the list of my orders. When she walked back in, I lift my head up and unknowingly stared at her again.

She's so small.

I laughed silently at my comment and waited for my order to arrive. After few minutes have passed, I saw her walking towards me with a tray and she seems to be spacing out.

She seems lost.

This unfamiliar waitress carefully places the ham sandwich on the top of my table, and afterwards she took the cup of coffee, her eyes were looking straight at my forehead which was strange, my thoughts wondered until the breaking of mug was heard on the floor and I immediately looked down at the coffee spilled stained on my sneakers. I groaned in frustration, giving the careless waitress a glare before she kneels down and starts picking up the pieces of glass.

"I'm sorry!" She apologized repeatedly, her hand patting the floor as she picks up the glass.

"Do you know how hard it is to wash a pair of sneakers, miss?" I asked sarcastically, sighing inwardly, I crouched down to help her anyways.

"I'm really sorry," She apologized again with her head lowered down.

"It's fine, sometimes be more attentive and not let your eyes wander around." I snorted in reply.

 

 

--

 

I strolled down the streets and the sky's slowly turning dark, I stared up at the skies and pondered why doesn't stars appear during the day? My thoughts were swooshed away upon feeling someone poke the back of my shoulder. Turning around to face her, I blinked in confusion when I realize who she is.

"Oh, it's the careless-waitress-who-ruined-my-new-cleaned-sneakers, what do you want from me?" I asked bluntly, while she instead shook her head. I waited for her to say something, while my eyes bore into hers. But I noticed, she wasn't looking at me, she was staring at my neck.

It's really strange.

"I want to sincerely apologize," She said, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips. I just sighed and nodded. "It's really fine, it was an accident anyway."

It was really fine, it just upsets me because cleaning my shoes will be added in my to do lists. There was silence between us and I guess there's nothing more to say, I walked passed her and unintentionally bumped against her frail body, causing her shoulder bag to fall off from her arm.

Ugh now she thinks that was a revenge.

I walked back to her, crouching down as I help her gather her things. I stopped when I notice how she was patting the ground when the small purse was behind her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter