Chapter 3: Lunar Eclipse

She is the Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As time passed Dalnim’s anger dissipated. She found it hard to be in the same room with someone and avoid them. She looked away from the television and at Kikwang. “When were you turned?”

Kikwang had been staring at her the entire time. He could have never predicted she was a vampire. She seemed so happy and cheerful when he met her at the convenience store unlike him. He wouldn’t imagine she had been cursed just like him. But, maybe she liked being a vampire? “In the Joseon dynasty.”

Dalnim was surprised. “Oh you really were alive that far back?”

He nodded as a response.

“Well don’t you plan on telling me the whole story?” Seeing his hesitation she convinced him. “It’s the least you could do after trying to kill me.”

“Fine I guess I could tell you.” He sighed as he thought back to the time before his transformation. “At the time I was only seventeen. Back then vampires were a crazy thing no one was aware of.”

Dalnim agreed “It was easier to hide back then.”

“I’m not sure if you will remember but during the time there was a lunar eclipse that everyone feared. That night I had gone over to my friend’s house and as I was walking home I notice how the moon was getting covered. When it became a complete darkness there were people who thought it was a sign something bad would happen and it did.” He tightened his fists as he remembered what happened next. “Out of nowhere screams were heard and people in my village were trying to get away from a group of people.”

Dalnim’s brow furrowed as the scene sounded awkwardly familiar to her.

“Being young I thought I was tough and decided to face the danger. That turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. It all happened so fast that I don’t quite remember the details but I do remember coming face to face with a man who was dressed in black and red to blend with the night. The only thing I could see was his pale face and sharp white fangs.” Kikwang shook his head trying to forget the image. “I was so shocked by what I was seeing that I didn’t move. I was easy prey for him. He took advantage of the situation and bit my neck. He almost drank me dry. It took him a lot of effort to get away from me. I remember someone had to help him get under control.”

“By the sound of it I don’t think you ever got close to your maker.”

Kikwang shook his head gladly. “No, thankfully he was such an irresponsible jerk and left. If I would know him now I would do anything to kill him. He didn’t stick around for when I came to. He didn’t explain what was happening to me or how to survive. I blame him for how horrible I am at controlling my instincts.”

“Wait” Dalnim stopped him. “When you are first made you have no idea what has happened. Your maker is the one that has to tell you to drink blood to survive. It’s not something you can figure out on your own.”

“Yeah I know.” He looked up at the ceiling as he remembered the only good part of his transformation. “I don’t know how long I had been laying on the ground unconscious but when my eyes opened for a second I saw h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter