Chapter 4: Fog Moon

She is the Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a little past three when Dalnim was walking home from work. She could barely see two steps in front of herself. There was a thick layer of fog that made it hard to see. The fog covered the moon and the street lights did nothing to help her out.

Vampires had excellent night vision. She could see perfectly in the darkest places but fog was neither light nor dark. It was a mix o the two and made it hard for her to see.

When she made it home she unlocked the door and went inside. She dropped her bag on the ground and threw her shoes like always.

“Has living with humans made your forget how to act like a proper young lady?”

Dalnim’s eyes widened as she heard the familiar voice. She looked in the direction of the voice and smiled as she saw she was correct. “Uncle Doojoon” she ran to him with arms wide open.

Doojoon smiled and opened his arms to receive hi one and only niece. He held her tightly making sure to enjoy the small reunion. “I’ve only been away for two centuries and you changed so much.”

She broke the hug first and looked at him with a confused look. “Wait, aren’t you supposed to be in seclusion?”

Doojoon chuckled, “my sweet Dalnim don’t worry about that.”

“How can’t I? Did you escape?”

Doojoon sighed as he walked to the kitchen and looked around. “Sweetie you know I can’t stand being alone. I don’t even know how I made it through all those years.”

“That doesn’t mean you should esca-” Dalnim turned to the door as she heard knocking sounds. She went to the door and opened it.

Kikwang smiled as he saw Dalnim. “Hey”

“H-hey” she stuttered. This was not a good situation. She had Kikwang in front of her when her uncle, his maker, was inside. “Wh-what’s up?” She kept the door only slightly open and covered the gap with her body.

He chuckled as he heard her stuttering. “Is something wrong?”

“No, no nothing’s wrong.”

He tried looking inside behind her. “Aren’t you going to let me in?” He motioned up to the sky. “The sun’s coming out.”

Dalnim opened to protest but before she could say anything Doojoon went over to her and fully opened the door. “Now sweetie don’t be rude and let your guest come in. I assure you I don’t mind at all.”

Kikwang’s smile disappeared as he glared at Doojoon. He was face to face with the man who ruined his life. The man who turned him into a monster. “You!” he lunged at Doojoon grabbing him by the neck.

Doojoon stumbled backwards as Kikwang pushed him. He held onto Kikwang’s hands that were on his neck and smirked to show he was unfased.

Dalnim quickly closed the door and ran to separate the two of them. “Stop Kikwang” she said as she looked directly into his eyes.

“I know he’s your uncle Dalnim but I can’t control this desire to kill him.” He gritted his teeth as he applied more pressure.

Doojoon removed Kikwang’s hands and smiled at him as he saw the surprised look on his face. “Do you really think you can kill me? I am a pure blood; I am also the one who turned you. No matter how hard you try you won’t have the strength or me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter