Chapter 6: Disappearing Moon

She is the Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun had finally risen. This was something Kikwang had been dreading. “The sun is already up. Why isn’t she here?”

Doojoon took his coat off and threw it onto the couch. They had just arrived at his hideout themselves. It was a race against the sun for them. On their way up the mountain Kikwang hoped Dalnim would be here to welcome them but Doojoon was a bit more realistic. He knew Hyunseung and Hyuna would most likely use her to get to him. “She’ll probably be here tonight. Don’t go all crazy if you see her a bit beat up.”

Kikwang’s eyes widened as he heard the words that came out of Doojoon’s mouth. “They aren’t going to hurt her are they?”

“Sadly my niece will have to take a few hits but don’t worry. She’s been through worse before. Back in the Joseon era she got tortured for keeping me hidden from them. It wasn’t until they got a hold of me that they stopped and let her go.” He sat down and kicked off his shoes. “She took a week’s worth of beatings that time. Now it will only be a few hits until nightfall. Then they will all make their way here.”

“All, how many are coming?”

Doojoon thought for a moment, “About three, the two you saw earlier and Junhyung. He is the one in charge of my capture and your death.”

“What do we do about them?”

“For now we wait.” Doojoon closed his eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm himself. Thinking his niece was in the hands of his enemy angered him. She was the only family he had left and couldn’t lose her. “You should rest too. When the sun sets it will become a battlefield up here.”

Kikwang did as he was told and sat on the couch with his eyes closed. He didn’t know how to relax enough to fall asleep knowing Dalnim was getting hurt at the moment.

Eventually he fell asleep and was awakened by the sound of Doojoon’s voice hours later. “Kikwang get up they are here.”

This made Kikwang get up immediately. When they walked out of the house they were met by someone Kikwang hadn’t seen before.

“Junhyung” Doojoon called him by name, letting Kikwang know who it was.

Junhyung only smiled seeing Doojoon wasn’t alone. “Doojoon it’s so unlike you to go back to one of your mistakes.” He walked towards Doojoon with the intention of getting a closer look at Kikwang. “I’m glad you did though. We had no idea where to find this one.” He began circling around Kikwang. “We had no idea where to find him but thanks to you now we got him, you…” he looked at Doojoon then turned to behind him “…and your niece.”

Hyunseung emerged from the distance with Dalnim over his shoulder. When he reached Junhyung he put down Dalnim and took off the tape that was on .

“Ouch!” Dalnim shouted out in pain then shoved Hyunseung with her shoulder as hard as she could.

He gritted his teeth as he fell back hitting his bottom. He quickly got up and pulled her by the rope that was tied around her wrists.

“A tough one your niece is.” Junhyung chuckled after witnessing how she had managed to shove Hyunseung even while she was tied by the wrists and ankles. “I had forgotten how bad her temper was around the rest of us. She really couldn’t control herself this time and killed Hyuna.”

Kikwang’s eyes widened as he heard Dalnim had killed the girl he had seen in the convenience store. He didn’t think Dalnim capable of killing someone. “That’s impossible.”

Junhyung looked over at Kikwang a bit curious. “You don’t think she’s capable of killing?” He smirked pointing at Dalnim then Doojoon. “It runs in the family. Even while they are purebloods they don’t hesitate to take out another pureblood.”

“It’s easy when all I have to think about is how you ordered the man hunt for my wife and killed her.”

“Same here” Dalnim added. “After my parents devoted their life to helping you with your master plan for all the vampires in the world you just watched as they died. You didn’t even try to help them when they were caught and because of you they were killed. As if you didn’t do enough to my family you went after my aunt and my uncle’s unborn twins.” She clenched her fists as her fangs began to grow and her eyes were flashing back and forth from her normal eye color to red and back.

Doojoon knew she was starting to get mad. “Dalnim sweetie, calm down.” He was sure this was what happened when she was with them and ended up killing Hyuna. She became dangerous when people made her angry or upset.

“Crazy is going to go all psycho on us again” Hyunseung told Junhyung.

Junhyung knew it was true. He didn’t want to risk another tragedy and nodded his head as a signal to Hyunseung to take the necessary measures.

Hyunseung reached into his pocket and as soon as he took it out he swiped across Dalnim’s shoulder.

Doojoon watched in shock as his niece began to bleed. He quickly went towards Hyunseung and threw him to the side. He got a closer look at Dalnim’s arm and noticed how she was losing blood slowly yet she was getting dizzy and leaned against him. “What is wrong with you? That was unnecessary.” He shouted to Junhyung before cutting the rope around her wrists.

“It is very necessary. She is capable of killing either Hyunseung or I in her angered state. I only took a precaution by keeping her weak.” Junhyung tended to Hyunseung who was upset by what Doojoon had just done to him. “Are you alright” he asked Hyuns

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter