Of Decisions and Goodbyes

The Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***

 

[December 21, 2014]

 

I thought I’ll never meet him again. Well-- not in this kind of situation…

 

i always hope to meet him when everything is already fine between us…

when both of us were more mature and responsible.

when both of us are ready to take on the world…

 

 

But seeing him like this, looking so angry and pulling me as if there’s no one looking. With his tight grip almost hurting my wrist. I thought I was seeing a totally different person. For about six months we’ve been in a relationship, I haven’t seen a much scarier Oh Sehun.

 

 

Turning right, into a more secluded alley, we both found ourselves entering an abandoned room. In the middle of stacks of boxes and used documents and props, he sat on an old bench, still not letting go of my hand.

 

I was standing in front of him, staring at him, as if I could find any explanation on his posture.

 

What is he thinking? Suddenly dragging me out in a middle of a crowd… haven’t we talked about this before?

 

“Y-yah…why are you being like this?” I managed to say to him, trying to bottle up all the emotions welling up inside me.

 

But then, he’s just sitting there like a cold statue, not even bothering to either answer me or look at me in the eye. He remained staring on the ground, not even sparing a single move.

 

 

Honestly, I can’t explain what I’m feeling right now. I’m so mad at him because of the way he acted. Does he really want to be in trouble that much? After all the sacrifices we did?

 

My tears escaped my eyes but I harshly wiped them with my free hand. I can’t cry, even though how much I wanted to.

 

Seriously, I wanted to cry ever since I saw him earlier at the red carpet. Why? Because even though how much I want to hug him, to say how much I miss him… I just can’t. I never felt so helpless before. And I hate myself for it.

 

 

 

because if there’s something I hate besides losing, it is being unable to do anything.

 

 

 

 

[ Present]

 

~Na gateun yeoja…heunhaji anha…Naneun dalla, naneun naneun nan dalla~

 

A phone call woke up Hayi from her deep slumber. She hurriedly picked up her phone and answered it.

 

“Hello?” she asked as she rubbed her sleepy eyes.

 

“Hayi-ah?” she doesn't have to think twice to know the owner of that sweet voice.

 

“Ah—Yeah…Dara-unnie?”

 

“Yes, yes… I just wanted to ask if you’ve eaten already.” Dara asked sweetly.

 

 

She paused for a second. It might be one of her unnie’s attempts to drag her out of her safe haven, Again.

 

Three weeks have passed since the dating scandal broke out and a lot of people were still talking about it despite the official statements issued by their respective managements. It was also three weeks ago, when she and Sehun last seen each other. Since that day, she hasn’t left the four corners of her apartment due to her, her manager, and YG Sajangnim’s decision.

 

Because of this, her unnies and her closest friends were worried about her. They couldn’t contact her before because she cut off any means of communication she has. It was until one week ago that Lee Soohyun and her Dara-unnie decided to barge in her apartment. Ever since then, they tried any means possible just to pull her out of her shell.

 

Lee Hayi though, is known for being hard headed so it became so hard for the two to pursue her.

 

Luckily for Dara, Hayi decided to comply with her. She’s so tired after all…tired of hiding… tired of being sad… of handling the pain on her own. She just wanted to forget all the problems she has and return to her normal life.

 

“Hayi-ah?”

 

“N-no, no, I haven’t.” she finally said after a long pause. She heard her baby-faced unnie chuckled.

 

“I cooked dinner and I wanted to share it with everyone. Unfortunately, all of them are busy.” 

 

She knew exactly why their label mates declined her unnie’s request--- it’s because everyone in the company, including those who're close to them, knew that Dara wasn’t really a ‘gifted’ cook. She laughed at the thought.

 

“Wait, you cooked A MEAL... unnie?” she joked.

 

“Yah! Lee Hayi? Are you looking down on me?” her unnie exclaimed. She imagined her pouting on the other line.

 

“No, I’m just kidding Unnie. I would love to taste some of your delicious food.” she laughed.

 

“Okay! Good, see you at 9.” Dara-unnie replied, enthusiastically. “Wait, I can’t pick you up---“

 

“It’s okay. I’ll just take a cab.”

 

 

“But---“ her unnie sounded hesitant.

 

 

“No--- really, unnie. I’m alright.” Hayi assured her, emphasizing her last statement. Dara’s loud sigh could be heard on the line.

 

“Oh--  okay. Please take care. Don’t forget to cover up.” her unnie reminded her. She can’t help but smile at her Dara-unnie’s thoughtfulness.

 

“Okay” she replied.

 

“Kkkkk…Bye now…”

 

Hayi then turned off the phone and proceed to her closet to pick up decent clothing. She has decided... if she really wanted to move on, she has to stop hiding and start living her life once again.

 

 

 

From: Tokkie-unnie :3

 

Hayi-ah, I'm sorry, I suddenly got some important errands to do. You can go inside my apartment and wait for me. I'll come back later.

 

Hayi sighed as she put her phone back to her purse before opening the door of her unnie's apartment. Good thing she got a spare key card. Well, her Dara-unnie gave her the spare key card one week ago, when she was still resisting to go somewhere outside her apartment.

 

'You can go to my apartment if you feel like it, Hayi-ah' she remembered her unnie saying this. She felt sorry towards Dara at that time because she's really trying hard for someone who's already given up. Hayi's respect for her surely arisen because of this.

 

 

"Awwww..." she whined as she removed her boots given to her by Bom on her birthday last year. She just used it once--- well, make it twice because she used it again this time since it goes well with her skirt. She definitely reminded herself to not to use it again. Wearing it is like wearing thorns, such a pain in the axx.

 

Entering Dara's apartment after a long time made her feel a bit nostalgic. Although, her last visit was rather traumatic than blissful since they were forced to eat Dara's another failed attempt to cook properly, it was still memorable, one of the happiest little things in her life, actually.

 

She could still remember that epic face from her Donghae-oppa when he tasted the food. It was unbelievable for him not to spit it out despite its taste. He even chose to swallow it without chewing it.

 

She silently laughed at that memory.

 

Her Donghae-oppa's feelings towards her unnie was pretty obvious. But then, because of friendship, he decided to hide it even though how much noticeable it was. They always tend to tease Donghae because of this; laughing at his timidity, and it never failed to tick the hell out of him. Who could've even forget that ajhumma laugh from Oh Se--

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter