Burdensome Fashion

Within and Beyond

Title: Burdensome Fashion
Genre: Fluff (?)

 


 

Taehyun glanced up from the book he was reading and frowned, half irritated and half concerned. Seungyoon had been parading back and forth between their joint beds – where a mess of tops, pants and outerwear were strewn all over one side of it – and the hotel room's mirror in different outfits for a good twenty minutes now.

The leader stood in front of the full-length mirror in the wardrobe, turning this way and that, striking poses and acting all cool and chic as if he was on an actual runway. Taehyun allowed himself an amused moment to watch his silly boyfriend's private show. He didn't even need to ask to know that Seungyoon was picking out his airport fashion for the next day, when they would finally go back to Korea after having spent the last week doing a series of concerts in Japan.

When Seungyoon turned away from the mirror once again, clearly unsatisfied with what he had on and wanting to try another outfit, Taehyun decided that it was quite enough modelling for one night.

"Seungyoon-ah, are you almost done over there? You're really distracting me." Taehyun said. There was no bite in his words, but rather a hint of weariness and amusement.

"Huh? But I wasn't even making any noise…?" The said boy halted, midway to the bed, looking genuinely puzzled. It was quite cute actually; him looking even more like a puppy than usual with those wide, confused eyes.

"Your pacing is driving me crazy; I can't read properly with you walking in and out of my vision every two seconds." Taehyun raised the still-open book in his lap for emphasis, and the expression on Seungyoon's face turned into a pout upon hearing that.

"Have you already decided what to wear for tomorrow?" Seungyoon took off the leather jacket he was wearing and tossed it atop the rest of the clothes already on the bed.

"Not really, but I'll just wear whatever." Taehyun said dismissively, turning his attention back to the book. It was one of those days when he honestly could not bring himself to be bothered with airport fashion. He'll just wear whatever comes to sight first in the morning that isn't pajamas.

However, Taehyun found himself unable to focus on the text, reading the same line over and over but still not processing what the words meant. Seungyoon was now lying on his stomach in front of him, watching him intently, and it bugged the hell out of him.

"Wae?" Taehyun lowered the book and raised his eyebrows in question.

"Help me pick, please~?" Seungyoon asked, voice high-pitched and full of aegyo. He was showing that annoyingly adorable face he always does for fanservice, with his eyes squeezed shut and a smile so wide it looked like his lips might rip in half.

It was cute, but it would take a lot more than that to move Nam Taehyun.

"No." Taehyun said simply, watching as Seungyoon's eyes shot right open with a scandalized look on his face, as if he couldn’t quite believe that his own boyfriend had just refused to help him.

"Our styles are too different, Seungyoon-ah. You're probably not gonna like what I pick out and vice versa, you know that." Taehyun marked the page he was at and put the book down by the nightstand, having given up on getting any reading done by now.

"Ugh just help me~!" Seungyoon whined as he crawled closer to the maknae. "I'm not going to bed until I've got something picked out, and do you not want to sleep, hmm? Do you not want to cuddle, Taehyunie? Do you? Do you??"

Seungyoon kept advancing with each sentence, closer and closer until his nose was nuzzling all over Taehyun's face, making him giggle uncontrollably because he was ticklish as heck.

"S-stop! Okay, okay! I'll help you!" Taehyun finally surrendered, slightly out of breath from all the laughing and Seungyoon stopped in his assault immediately, although still not moving away from his face. He stared at Taehyun with a -eating grin, knowing that he'd won this time.

"Aish, what am I gonna do with you..." Taehyun pecked Seungyoon's lips quickly and pushed him off lightly.

When it comes to Kang Seungyoon... maybe it doesn't take that much to move Nam Taehyun after all.

 

The next half hour was spent with Taehyun putting together an outfit only for Seungyoon to take them apart, just as the younger had predicted would happen. Seungyoon changed into outfit after outfit, tweaking parts of it that he didn't particularly like, which would result in a no-go from Taehyun.

"Why do you wear those pants so much? They're too plain."

"I like these pants!"

"This outfit would be great if you paired it with the other jacket instead of this."

"But that doesn't go with my fedora..."

Taehyun resisted the urge to roll his eyes every time they hit a dead end, and he wondered why he even agreed to this in the first place when he knew this was exactly how things would turn out.

It's not that he thought Seungyoon had a terrible fashion sense or anything like that. It's just that the two of them happened to have a fundamentally different definition for what's stylish. You could say that while Taehyun aimed to dress simple and classy, Seungyoon had a rather unique eye for fashion and a tendency to overdo it. When that happens, it was just... nope.

There were, obviously, other times when Taehyun thought Seungyoon’s dressing was on point as heck and had to stop himself from staring too blatantly.

"Ah, I give up! I'll just wear whatever too!" Seungyoon pushed the clothes off the bed and they landed messily into his luggage that was open on the floor. He flopped face-first onto the bed where the clothes had been and let out a muffled cry of frustration.

Taehyun, whose patience had also been wearing thin from repeatedly hitting walls, softened upon seeing Seungyoon like this. He scooted closer and started tugging on the older's arm.

"Seungyoon-ah..? Seungyoonie~"

When there was no reaction, Taehyun pulled with more force and Seungyoon's body, being so light, was dragged along the sheets to the maknae's side.

"Aigoo... you baby, come over here." Taehyun managed to flip Seungyoon's body back around, only to find his full lips locked in a pout. The younger could not bite back the chuckle that escaped his own then.

"You think I'm silly." Seungyoon deadpanned, looking up at him.

"You are silly~ It's not a big deal, Seungyoonie. Just go with the one you like best in that bunch. As long as you're happy, it doesn't really matter what I, or other people think, right?" Taehyun said as he Seungyoon’s fluffy hair. It was thin and so soft when free of products, and Taehyun loved to run his fingers through it.

Seungyoon made a face. "Of course it does. It's been quite some time since we're going back and I just want to look good, you know?"

"I know, and it'll be fine. Come on, let's go to sleep now. We'll figure it out in the morning okay?" Taehyun pinched Seungyoon's cheeks lightly and flipped the lights off once the older was done changing out of his clothes.

Taehyun lowered himself next to Seungyoon on the bed, shifting until he was snug against the older's side, and then threw an arm around his middle.

"I'll still love you even if you're going to walk around in a garbage bag tomorrow, so don't stress over it." Taehyun said softly, smiling against the leader's bare skin.

"You're silly, Nam Taehyun." Seungyoon laughed, but leaned over to kiss him anyway.

 

Seungyoon was usually the first one to wake up on days when they have a flight to catch. This morning however, when he groggily opened his eyes, he found Taehyun already sitting on the edge of the bed, fresh out of the shower and toweling his hair dry.

"Taehyunie…?" He mumbled as he sat up slowly, still disoriented from sleep.

"You’re up." Taehyun turned to him with a smile upon hearing his name, leaving the towel by the side of the bed. The maknae climbed into Seungyoon's lap, who welcomed him right into his arms.

"Did you sleep well?" Taehyun asked, half lying in Seungyoon's embrace. He could feel the older's chin resting atop his head, and the rise and fall of his chest with each breath.

He was more than contented to stay this way, surrounded by Seungyoon's warmth and his comforting scent, but they have a plane to catch. So he reached up to tickle along the leader's jawline when he got no answer.

"Are you falling asleep on me, Seungyoon-ah?"

"Hmm…? Hmm…" Seungyoon hummed unintelligibly. There was another moment of silence, and Taehyun was about to tickle him again when Seungyoon dropped his head onto the younger's shoulder and tightened his arms that were around him.

"I'm up, I'm awake."

"Good. Go get ready now. I'll wake the hyungs up and come back for you, okay?" Taehyun gently disentangled himself from Seungyoon's arms and made for the door.

Ah…! It suddenly occurred to Seungyoon that he had yet to pick out what to wear and on top of that, there was that mess of clothes from the night before to tidy up. Now that Taehyun wasn't even around to help, his mind was drawing a blank.

Seungyoon was getting up when he noticed the set of clothes lain out on the other side of the bed. His clothes, to be exact, but it wasn't one of the combinations of what he'd tried on last night. Taehyun must have picked it out for him earlier; plain black jeans, a simple white graphic tee, and a brown leather jacket which didn't belong to him. He decided that he liked the entire ensemble, even though it was more basic than he would have liked, but it really wasn't like he wanted to go through another round of choosing.

Seungyoon came out of the shower to see Taehyun sitting in front of his luggage – in which all his clothes from last night were already neatly folded and packed – with a tan coat resting on his thigh.

"You look nice." Taehyun commented with a satisfied smile, running his eyes over Seungyoon approvingly, clearly happy with his work.

"Yeah…" Seungyoon looked down a bit unsurely at the clothes he had on, and then pointed to the jacket that he'd left on the bed to put on later. "I didn't try this on last night though…"

"It's mine. I thought it'd go well with the set." It was only when Taehyun stood up to put on the tan coat that Seungyoon realized it was his Saint Laurent trench coat the younger had on.

"Simple is a nice style on you. Honestly, with your body proportions, you look even hotter in simple clothes." Taehyun continued.

"Why are you wearing my coat? Didn't you say our styles are too different?" Flustered, Seungyoon tried to change the subject. He didn't miss that glint in Taehyun's eyes when he was complimenting him, but they have a plane to catch and… maybe later.

"They are, but you got to admit I look good in this." Taehyun shrugged, saying matter-of-factly.

"You brat." Seungyoon rolled his eyes playfully at Taehyun's confidence, a fond smile tugging at his lips. He walked over to the younger and started to fix the collar of his coat. He liked how Taehyun looked in it, alright.

"Thank you." Seungyoon said. He reached up to tuck Taehyun's hair behind his ears, regarding him with loving eyes.

"My help does not come for free you know, Leader Kang." Taehyun chuckled at the look of surprise on Seungyoon's face.

"Wha–"

Taehyun only tapped his lips with a cheeky smile.

 

"Kiss me."

 


 

A.N.: This is for my girl Gaia, sorry it's way overdue! Inspired by Taehyun commenting about Seungyoon's fashion sense in their interview for K-Boy Paradise; something like it's burdensome the way Seungyoon thinks he dresses well, but "as long as he's happy" LOL. This didn't really come out the way I wanted it to, and I think I had no idea what I was writing anymore halfway through so ;; 

Here's what Yoon wore on the day Taehyun wore his Saint Laurent coat, and here we have them in one frame :)