The Special Christmas Call

UNIQ series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Characters: Zhou Yixuan, Yoo Taeah (OC)
Genre: Fluff, slight angst (?)
Status: Completed
Chapters: 1

 

 

 


It was Christmas and Staris would be doing a live Christmas event for fans. Gifts were sent beforehand as instructed by Staris' company, KB Entertainment, and gifts would be randomly picked for the 6 girls to open and do something for the lucky fans. The gifts were laid out on a table in front of the members, who waited for the camera to be ready. Taeah wrung her hands nervously and wondered if anybody would watch it. It wasn't long after their debut; they probably didn't have fans yet. Who knew, maybe the gifts were prepared by the staff themselves. On the bright side, she didn't have to worry if she did something wrong during the broadcast.


The rest of her members looked nervous too. After all, it was their first live event. Youngjin was chewing her lip, Solbi was tapping her nails on the table, Sieun kept inflating and deflating her cheeks, Debby was jumping up and down on her spot and YoonJ kept running her hands through her messy hair. Finally, the director began counting down the seconds to the start.


"Live in 5,4,3,2,1-" The director mouthed the word 'live'. The leader, Youngjin, pasted on a grin as she started off their group greeting.


"Bright Star, Top Star! Annyeonghaseyo, Staris-imnida!" The 6 girls proudly greeted their live audience. After individual introductions, the members sat down and officially started the event.


"So you guys know that we have debuted for two months right? To celebrate this, we have decided to do a live event for our lovely fans!" Cue loud cheers and applause from the girls- "We are touched many of you have sent many Christmas gifts, but we can only open 6 gifts. Don't worry, we will be reading your live questions through the chat room in real time, so hurry and send in your requests!" Youngjin said in a singsong voice as the other members clapped and nodded.


A computer monitor behind the cameras showcased the live chat room, which was currently being bombarded with random questions and requests ranging from 'YoonJ unnie please do the gwiyomi player!' to 'Sieunnie which song from the album is your favorite?' The girls would answer some questions in between the gift-opening.


Solbi opened her first gift, revealing a pink wool scarf with white stripes. She smiled, those two colours being her favorite. The other commented on the fan knowing her well, for she had needed that. A request on the chat room read, "Unnie please do a cute 'aiiing'~" and Solbi complied adorably.


Next was Taeah. She picked up a big present in black curiously. Not many fans would do that, unless it's hate mail. But why would the staff choose hate mail? She carefully pealed open the wrapping paper and slowly pulled out the blue box inside. It was a pretty big box. She furrowed her brows and uncovered the box cautiously. Peering back at her was a smiling Doraemon plushie with a bright red Christmas hat on its head. Taeah's jaw dropped open. She had only told people close to her about her obsession for Doraemon and apart from her members, there was only one other person. Her heart started fluttering at the thought of the possible sender. Underneath the plushie was a pink post-it note, and the cursive handwriting read '메리크리스마스 -ㅈㅇㅅ1211'. Taeah couldn't help her wide grin then. Her boyfriend had sent her a gift.

---------------------------------------------------

In another place, Zhou Yixuan was watching the live broadcast. He smiled when Taeah picked up the present. Nobody knew of their relationship but their members and staff. He had specially requested for her staff to pick his present and they relented, knowing he would bug them until they did. He didn't mean to wrap his present in black, but he had no other wrapping paper left and he didn't want to arouse suspicion. He watched as Taeah furrowed her eyebrows as she handled her gift, and loved the look of surprise on her face when she saw the Doraemon plushie. He wondered if she would recognize his handwriting and know that the present was from him. His m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter