chapter 5

Back To The Future (Rewritten)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both guys were standing silently by a car, which Jaejoong believed was a car owned by Yunho. Because the moment they stepped out of Jeju International Airport, a man was already approaching them to hand Yunho a set of car keys.

"Get in the car." Yunho motioned with his head, tilting to the vehicle. His suitcase was abandoned by the car. 

"The suitcases?" Jaejoong looked at Yunho as if the man were imbecile. 

"He will load them up in the boot for us." He supplied impatiently, right leg already ed inside the car. Jaejoong nodded and hastily entered. As much as he hated staying in an enclosed space with Yunho for God knew how long, he would rather let himself suffer from the impending claustrophobic than stand alone, deserted and clueless to this island. 

The journey to the Jung’s mansion in Jeju Island seemed endless. Yunho was driving in silence while Jaejoong opted to divert his attention to the mesmerizing view of the island. The air felt stuffy and Jaejoong let down the window slightly to get a breathe of fresh air. But as if on its own volition, the window rolled back up and Jaejoong wasn't dumb enough to figure out. 

He shot Yunho a glare but the man paid him no heed, eyes were still fixed on the road. It was either Yunho was too focused on his driving or he simply ignored the man beside. And Jaejoong was inclined to believe that Yunho fell on the latter reason. 

“You're just gonna waste the aircond.” Yunho surprisingly reasoned a few seconds after. Jaejoong opened his mouth to retaliate but it snapped shut again when he came up with nothing. 

"Why did you even agree to this?" Jaejoong crossed both arms on his chest and settled back into the leather seat, discomfited. 

"What? This honeymoon?"  Yunho chanced a glance to him. 

"Then what else do you think I'm talking about?" He asked through an audible huff. 

"I don't know. Maybe about this entire marriage?"

"W-well, that too." Jaejoong was stammering and he really couldn't figure out why. 

"We have talked about that months ago." Yunho made a swerve, gave Jaejoong a sideway glance before changing lanes. "This entire honeymoon is my mom's idea. You think I would give a single damn about spending my time with someone I don't even love? Don't flatter yourself." 

Yunho's words affected Jaejoong more than he thought they would. "Did I even mention about you loving me? Oh, get off your high horse. I don't even love you too." Yunho snorted, eyes never leaving the road up ahead. "We can always lie anyway. Take the tickets, leave, but go on our own separate ways. She won't know."

Yunho snickered, seemingly amused. "You clearly don't know her yet. She won't let us breathe. There's either a spy or a bodyguard snooping on us to get her updated."

Jaejoong gasped. Never once in his life had he imagined to experience firsthand the scenes in Korean dramas he had watched. “That .” He simply put and slumped back to the seat. 

"I'm surprised you still haven't figured that out."

"It's not like that, okay! I-, nevermind." How on earth would he explain the entire ordeal he was dealing with to Yunho? It wasn't like he was too slow on the uptake, he simply couldn't remember a single thing. 

Having had enough on the conversation, Jaejoong sat on his seat quietly. Now that he thought of it, it almost took an eternity to end the journey. 'Does it take this long to reach the mansion?' He sneakily reached over to turn on the stereo and blast the car with the songs from his favourite radio station. He should have had noticed it by now that a peaceful moment would gone as fast as it came whenever it involved a human named Jung Yunho. 

Yunho nonchalantly switched off the radio and plugged in a thumb drive into the usb port. The stereo was quiet at first before a loud and deafening song played over the speakers. 

"Really?" Jaejoong hissed. "That was so mature coming from you." 

Unfazed by the comment, Yunho replied. "It's my car, I can listen to whatever I want." 

"It's damn loud for God's sake! What are you a teenager or something?" Jaejoong reached out and put the player on pause. 

Yunho turned it back on. "Geez, you can be quite rude to someone's preference, don't you?" 

"Oh, don't pull that moral card against me." Jaejoong was seething as he slumped back against his seat. 

"It's not just the moral card I can pull. I can even pull over if you hate being in this car with me listening to my favourite music."

"Oh I do. I ing do." 

"Really?" Yunho singsonged.

"You're ing annoying. I swear to God, if you-" He didn't manage to finish the whole sentence when the car rolled to a stop on an unpaved road side. The engine went off and they're plunged with an electrifying silence. 

Jaejoong blanched. He gazed around and figured that they were already in the outskirt of the city of Jeju. Yunho wasn't possibly being serious about throwing him off the car, wasn't he? 

"Get off."

"Wh- where do you want me to go?"

"Just wherever. You said you hate sitting in my car with me." 

"You're not serious."

"I am serious." He leaned over Jaejoong to reach for the door handle all the while brushing his shoulder against Jaejoong's chest. "Now, out." He dictated once the door was flung open. "Unbuckle yourself."

Jaejoong chewed on his bottom lip, wordless with irritation. He wouldn't beg the man just to stay inside and let Yunho have the upper hand. No matter how crazy it was, his pride didn't let him bow down to Yunho. So Jaejoong stepped out and slammed the door shut right after. Yunho actually flinched but Jaejoong didn't need to know about that. 

Yunho revved the engine, tyres screeching against the gravel as he pulled away, really pulled away.

Jaejoong flicked his middle finger in the air as he began shouting profanities at the leaving car. He whined as he looked around. Literally nobody was around. If he didn't pay much attention on hitchhiking the cars drove past him, Jaejoong would have had enjoyed the view of the vast blue ocean on his left instead. 

A strong cold breeze blew past him out of nowhere, seemingly making fun of his loss. Jaejoong's hair stuck out to every angle possible making him look like he was just getting out of bed. Jaejoong violently rubbed both hands against his arms in an attempt to fight against the shivering coldness. He made a gesture with his hand that was nothing short of shyness to hitchhike whatever vehicles moving past the road. 'This is ridiculous!' 

Jaejoong's shoulders flinched when a loud screeching sound of tyres came from behind. He spun around, hoping that it wasn't a gory road accident he was going to witness but automatically grimaced at the sight that greeted him. Nobody was dying and the car was amazing, painted with slick black but he already hated it along with the owner. 

Yunho rolled down the window, forearm resting on the window frame as he craned his neck out. A small grin hanging on his lips that had Jaejoong's inside rumbling with anger. 

Jaejoong turned back without failing to gift Yunho a death glare, deciding to get a ride from everyone else but the man. 

"Hey!" Yunho called out to him. 

Ignoring the man was his only choice but he immediately regretted that decision when he heard Yunho switch off the engine and get out of the car if the sound of his door slamming was anything to go by. Jaejoong started making a bee line to random directions, as long as he could get away from Yunho. 

"Come on, get in. I was joking. Where are you going? " there was a lilt of amusement in Yunho's voice as he followed suit. 

"None of your ing business."

"Are you really sulking right now?" Yunho quickened his steps to catch up, the gravel scrunching beneath his shoes. 

", no. I just don't wanna breathe in the same car as you do."

"Kim Jaejoong, come oooon. We're just gonna waste more time here when we can already lie down on the beds in the mansion."

"I'm going back to Seoul."

"Don't be stupid." Yunho heaved a sigh before he grabbed Jaejoong by the elbows, spinning the man around to face him. 

Jaejoong yanked his arms out of Yunho's grasp. "I'm not being stupid, you're the one making this whole situation stupid!"

"Then is going back to Seoul the smartest thing you can think of right now?" Yunho grabbed Jaejoong again to prove his point and Jaejoong glared as the hold was tight enough to prevent him from slip free at the first try. "Listen, do you think I will just simply abandon my husband on a road of God knows where?" 

Jaejoong couldn't pass the chance to scoff aloud, lips curled into a condescending smirk. "As far as I'm concerned you never consider me as one, Yunho. So shut it."

Yunho's grip around Jaejoong's wrists loosened. "Right. Okay, we never really live like a real married couple, heck we don't even love each other but I'm not just gonna leave you behind. I'm not that inhumane. There might be paparazzi filming about this as well. So, just listen to me and get in the car before someone sees us."

Jaejoong laughed, a fake one he didn't even know he was capable of. "You started this whole childish . And so what if the paparazzi know? Let them know. Let the world know how you treat me." 

"ing- can't you just agree with me on this one?" 

"Oh, I've agreed to so many things including this marriage, you are not going to force another one on me. And don't pretend to act nice with me when your parents are not around. You are making me sick." Yunho snarled before he advanced forward and reached out. Probably to grab Jaejoong again but the man was faster, smacking Yunho's hand away while squinting his eyes. "Stop grabbing me!"

“So stop being stubborn and just get in the car!" Anger was evident on Yunho's face if the twitching muscle on his face was any indication. Yunho hadn't remembered leaning into Jaejoong's space to spit fire at each other. 

Jaejoong's chest moved at a wild rhythm, staring up at Yunho. He was certain that it was the result of his anger not the fluster at the close proximity of their faces. 

"ing stubborn."

"Well, I'm not the- WHOA!" Jaejoong nearly lost his footing when Yunho suddenly pulled Jaejoong's legs and hiked them up around his hips. Yunho then proceeded to hook both arms under Jaejoong's thighs to settle his palms flat on the man's . Sputtering to find the right words, Jaejoong clambered at Yunho's chest to find purchase. "W-Wh what are you doing? P-put me down!" 

"I will but only when you're inside the car." Yunho grunted to balance Jaejoong as he moved towards his car.

"My legs are still perfectly fine and I can walk on my own so let me down, Yunho!" He ended his words with a fist to Yunho's shoulder. 

"Calm the down, will you?" Yunho snarled at the same time wincing when Jaejoong landed another punch on his shoulder, twice as hard. "We have been out here for more than ten minutes and you and your perfectly fine legs have never made it to the car. Oh and yeah, I've been wanting to tell you something too."

"What?"

"You clearly need to consider adding some meat to your anyway." Yunho simply put with a barb, fingers marginally kneading Jaejoong's . 

Jaejoong shuddered, eyes enlarged a fraction before he shrieked. "Oh my God. you!" 

"Already wanna with me? Maybe we will be ing later if we are suddenly too in the mansion." Yunho's smirk shifted into a playful grin. "You don't seem to fight against this though."

"You're disgusting!" Jaejoong's hand aloft, ready to attack but he recoiled. "B- because you will drop me if I fight back. And for the record, I treasure my tail bone."

"Smart move." Yunho carefully released Jaejoong. Confusion marred the latter's face but it was swapped away altogether once he realized the situation at hand. They were already standing by the car. Yunho pulled the door on the passenger side open. The same hand clutching to the door where he had had it opened. "Now get inside" 

Jaejoong obeyed without a single word and it surprised Yunho to see Jaejoong acquiesce that fast. "This is how you did it huh?" He glanced up at Yunho while the man bent at the waist to peered into the car, one arm braced overhead. 

"What?" 

"Get into those poor girls or boys' pants" 

"Oh you really don't wanna know. I did more than this. This is nothing." 

"Disgusting."

....

After another thirty minutes of driving, the car eventually approached the entrance of the mansion. Yunho rolled the car to a stop and let the driver window down. Stretching his neck out, he gazed around to take a deeper look at the surroundings. 

“That's not creepy at all.” He gave a sidelong glanced to Jaejoong and simply made that preamble like it wouldn't stir anything. 

Jaejoong was doing the same thing however, neck craning out of the window, scrutinizing the exterior of the house. He wouldn't deny that the exterior alone was giving him a chilly vibe but he preferred to not comment anything on that. “A bit, but whatever. Let’s get in. I want to rest.”

“Alright, Your Highness." Yunho simply shrugged and stepped on the accelerator pedal. The car started moving through the spacious yard of the mansion and was brought to a halt once it entered a front porch. Yunho parked the car directly in the porch, right in front of the double mahogany doors. He switched off the engine and get off the car, followed by Jaejoong. Yunho did a little stretch up before unloading the entire luggage out of the car boot.

Fumbling with a set of keys in his hand, Yunho climbed up a few steps to reach the main door. Once one of the keys was fitted inside the hole and a clicking sound was heard, Yunho pushed the doors, but begrudgingly. A loud creaking sound echoed through the entire mansion and if Jaejoong noticed Yunho wince, he didn't say anything about it. Both of them stepped into the house with all their luggage in unison. 

“Whew, not bad. I thought the inside would be dark and foreboding, filled with creepy decorations like, you know.....large portraits and vase, chandelier or maybe weird Greek God sculptures.” Yunho commented as his eyes scanned the entire house. Contrary to the outside, the space in the house was decorated with modern furniture, geometric paintings and lamps. No big scary portrait or sculptures like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter