chapter 3

Back To The Future (Rewritten)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong squinted, trying to get a clearer picture of the guy who was standing under the shady light of the living room. His eyes darted up and down, scrutinizing the man from head to toe. Tall, small face and eyes, pointed nose, muscular arms and perfect figure. 'It's him... The guy in that picture.'

 “Are you deaf or what? I asked you, where have you been?” Yunho reiterated the question in his icicle liked voice. Flinched, Jaejoong's shoulders jerked up when the man’s voice snapped him from shamelessly scanning the said guy. The voice remain distant but not less than cold. The guy was staring at him with those intimidating gaze, eyes were filled with fury for some weird reason and Jaejoong definitely couldn't tell why. Jaejoong wouldn't be surprised if those eyes suddenly shoot out laser beam in the next second to give him a third degree burn. From his rigid stance, the man then advanced his steps towards Jaejoong, effectively causing the latter to gulp down his saliva, throat went dry at the foreboding consequent he was about to face. 

"Why did you leave the house? Haven't I met myself clear that you can't leave this house without my permission??! The press will have a field day when you stupidly fail to answer their tricky questions about our sensational love life again." 

All those words came at him full force and Jaejoong barely had a second to register most of them. "Well, I..."

"Can't you please not be annoying for once? Did you find pleasure from pissing me off?!" 

"Whoa, wait. Stop yelling at me. None of us are deaf and we are only ten steps apart. Let's settle this down like grown up adults we are, shall we?"

It was comical to see Yunho's previous intimidating eyes all of a sudden enlarged a fraction. He didn't see that coming and Jaejoong nearly turned him into a spluttering or a stuttering mess, if his gaping mouth was anything to go by. Yunho managed to regain his composure in a nick of time before Jaejoong could quip back and making him the jest of the day seeing how the man's expression morphed into that of amusement. 

"What?" Jaejoong challenged. He was simultaneously cheering and shrinking inside. It was a bad move to poke the bear when he didn't really know this grizzly bear in his future life. Jaejoong might be socked in the face or killed in the next second and he would gladly accept his faith. It was a good day to die anyway. Time traveling . 

"What the did you just say to me?" Yunho said between gritted teeth. The man was literally fuming and Jaejoong wasn't lying when he said there was steam shooting out of Yunho's ears. 

"I asked you what. That's it." 

What was he being brave for? Jaejoong really wanted to slap his non-filtered mouth and booked out the house. His heart was beating like a war drum, but in his case he was not ready to fight, he was ready to flee. The sound of his heartbeat was so clear that he could count how many beats per second it was and he really didn't mind if Yunho heard it as well. Jaejoong's eyes then trail the man's steps as Yunho slowly closed the distance between them.

"You really are getting brave, huh?" Yunho cornered him against a wall and continued "Did you perhaps have forgotten where you came from. Want me to jog your memory?" 

'Beggar' was the first word to pop up in his brain. 'Beggar, huh?'. All the preceding fear running through his veins was suddenly replaced with bravery so Jaejoong smirked and shoved Yunho's shoulders, making the guy to double back several steps. Remembrance of the pet name brought the fighter out of him and Jaejoong began with his snide remarks. 

“Beggar? Beggar? Is that it? But you married this beggar whether you like it or not. So shut it, and deal with it. I was just visiting my father's grave by the way. Don't think the press will follow me all the way to the graveyard to squeeze any questions they can get out of me. A common courtesy. ” He said casually and turned around, arranging his steps to the kitchen. "And, stop smothering me. Just because we are married over a deal doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with me. Never heard of personal space? Oh, for 's sake." 

“What the-” Yunho stuttered and his eyebrows bunched, nonplussed. He was alwasy discreetly hoping that the dull Jaejoong he had known all this while would change into someone chirpy and feisty. And now that he's facing with one, he didn't quite know how to react. The abrupt change in Jaejoong’s behaviour was so out of the blue. It was just yesterday he saw the guy still wallowing in his self pity and sadness, gloomy as ever, but today he looked like someone who just got a new supreme energy bestowed on him.

Yes, Yunho loved challenge but he was neither having none of this nor letting Jaejoong have the upper hand. As much as he was shocked, he wasn't ready to relent just yet so as fast as lightning he followed the other guy.

Before Jaejoong could enter the kitchen, he all but fell backward when a hand harshly grasped his arm. The grip was strong and he swore to God he would throttle Yunho in his sleep if it left red mark later. Yunho's patience was not just the only thing being tested here. 

“Whoa, whoa. Easy tiger, easy... ” Jaejoong said and spun around to go face to face with Yunho. Brushing Yunho’s hand slowly off of his arm, Jaejoong took a shaky breath. "What now? You just hate to cave in, don't you?" 

“Cave in?" Yunho scoffed, unbelieving. "And where the hell do you think you are going? We're not finished here.” The words were once again spoken through his gritted teeth.

“Calm down. I'm not going to leave this house again WITHOUT your permission. I'm heading to the kitchen...can’t you see?" He explained while pointing a finger towards the dining area. "Jesus, how possessive and clingy can you be?" 

“Hey, you listen to me. If it is not for the maids in this house, I would have beaten you long time ago.You really love to make me angry don’t you, huh?!”

“Ouh, knock it off Yunjo! You think you are the only one who likes to beat people? I like to beat people too!” Yunho was taller than him but Jaejoong wouldn't let that have him discouraged so his chin tilted up as he fired back. It was about time to go toe to toe with Yunho and if the maids became the witness, so be it.

“Wh-? Yun-Yunjo?” An ugly frown marred Yunho's forehead. Myriad of emotions crossed his face, from angry to shocked and finally settling on baffled. Despite in his restraint-from-exploding-and-lashing-out form, Jaejoong had to resist cackling at how hilarious Yunho looked over the fact that his face transformation had happened in just a second for a countless time that day alone. 'Has he been this funny looking?'

“Oh, my bad. What was it again? Hmm...Yunho? It is Yunho, right? Sorry, your name is not that catchy and hard to be remembered. And my brain cells have many other important things to remember instead of your name alone.” Jaejoong had decided there and then that annoying the man was going to be his new hobby. He definitely enjoyed the sense of triumphant grew inside him as he irritated Yunho.

“You-” Yunho stepped closer and raised a hand towards Jaejoong’s face. If he was fuming with rage previously now he was fuming with something more than rage now. Whatever that was. His stare proved it all and it could kill anybody at that time. But Jaejoong just stood there with his nonchalant face, taunting Yunho’s action. It was written all over his face, ‘hit me if you dare...you think I can’t hit you back? Try me.’

“Ehem!” Mi Seon cleared , trying to gain the attention from both men. Yunho's aloft hand was speedily limped back to his side as if he was just being tazed, realizing that they got a company.

“Yes?” Yunho swirled and robotlike shot the question to the old lady, failing miserably to look like he just hadn't try to hit a human. 

“Your mom has been calling, young master. She kept asking when will you and Jae sshi arrive at the Jung’s mansion?”

Of all the words coming out of the lady's mouth, only these two caught his ears. “What? Jae sshi?” Yunho glared. 

“Uh, it’s sir, sir. Forgive me.” She stuttered and snapped her head down. Her fingers wrung the hem of her sleeves, afraid to look back into Yunho’s sharp gaze.

“What's with you and your manner with elderlies? Didn't your parents teach you any of that? I told her to call me that. Don’t you bother. It’s my name not yours. ” Jaejoong purposely rolled his eyes to an extreme extent and if he was meant to get seizure because of that action, it was worth the irritation on Yunho's face. “By the way aunty, what’s with the Jung’s mansion? Do we have to visit that place?” Jaejoong averted his eyes from Yunho’s, staring straight at Mi Seon.

“Yes, every Friday, you have to get together for a dinner at the Jung’s mansion. Since it is already 6.30, everybody is waiting and asking for both of you....”

“Yunjo, Jae sshi, aunty. What’s wrong with the people in this house? I think I just left this house this morning and many things have changed. And you, little thing...you don’t even remember about the dinner, I’ve been waiting for you for like an hour!” Yunho was back with his shouting. His voice boomed throughout the empty condominium and just enough to attract the other maids' attention. Some of them were peeking behind the nearest wall just to get a clearer view of the ordeal that was happening.

“God, this kid really loves to shout huh? And that's what this is all about? Why don’t you tell me earlier? Fine, I forgot today is Friday okay. Heck I don't even look at the calendar. You just have to tell me and I just need to get prepared, that’s all. No need to shout and everything. Get it?” Jaejoong huffed and hitched his bag up onto his shoulder. He arranged his steps, heading off to the first floor and before his back faced Yunho, he stopped.

“Oh, and why don’t you go alone first? Since everybody might be damn worried about their precious boy. I’ll go later. Need to take a shower and everything... unless you want to see me dress like a beggar to your parents’ palace.” Jaejoong let out a devilish grin.

“Wh- what?” It was Yunho's umpteenth time to turned into a stuttering mess in front of Jaejoong. That day alone, the word ‘what’ that had come out from his mouth was countless.

This brand new Jaejoong undeniably managed to get on his nerves. Every freaking single of them. The Jaejoong he used to know was very polite, boring and irritating as well but now, the guy seemed to be more energetic, has a new habit of talking back to whatever he said, annoying and irritating like usual. Amidst left agape most of the time, surprisingly Yunho liked it. Stack of files and papers on his office desk were his only companies on a daily basis. They almost drove him crazy at times but Yunho was internally debating whether this Jaejoong might bring some interesting episodes into his dull life or nah.

Unbeknownst to Yunho, his lips were etching a small smile but he was snapped back to reality when Mi Seon cleared to make her presence known. 

“What is wrong with him?” Yunho asked Mi Seon who was standing silently next to him. Both of their eyes trailed Jaejoong who was climbing the stairs to his room until he disappeared from their sight.

“I don’t know, young master. But I like him like this.” Mi Seon smiled sweetly and excused herself to continue her duty as the head maid in the house. It was just about time for someone to enter the house and give some good lessons to the arrogant young master. This whole new Jaejoong was the miracle they've long needed. 

..........................

Yunho was walking back and forth at the porch, resisting the urge to bite his nails. Being the smart guy he was, he opted to stay back at the porch and waited for Jaejoong's arrival. However, the guy was nowhere to be seen let alone his shadow and Yunho was starting to get a little antsy. 

Entering the house alone was surely the stupidest move he could make at the moment and he hated the repercussions that came with it. The moment he stepped his foot into the house, his parents undoubtedly would throw him millions of questions about Jaejoong’s whereabouts like those bullets from a machine gun and he didn't want to have a hard time dodging every single one of them.

There would be the rebirth of Sherlock Holmes in regards to Jaejoong. They trea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter