chapter 1

Back To The Future (Rewritten)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah, Shim Changmin, don’t you think you are too much? How could you bring this playboy magazine to our school you lil . You might get blue balls from all those pictures.”

“Don’t act like you don’t read it, hyung.....” Changmin dismissed Jaejoong's jab as he continued flipping the magazine pages, from one page to another. Eyes fixed to the female models in the magazine. Although Changmin was two years younger than Jaejoong, they were placed in the same class, since the guy skipped a couple grades. Excelled in his studies but failed in attitude.

“Woo, I’m not saying I don’t read it but if the discipline teacher catches you red-handed, don’t drag me along. I'm not dealing with your anymore." Jaejoong raised and settled both legs on his desk, crossing them. Both of his hands were now behind his head as he leaned his back against the chair.

Changmin glanced up to Jaejoong. Pretentious gasp was on full display. "Bro, what happened to bros before hoes?" He flipped close the magazine. 

Jaejoong scoffed and gestured at the sinful magazine. "Bull now you're literally prioritizing those hoes before this bro."

Jaejoong and Changmin were like Siamese twins. The guys always stuck together like barnacles literally at every time and everywhere.  All students in the school acknowledged their close relationship. Both of them were well known for their good looks and turned heads be it girls or boys wherever they went to. Just who wouldn’t pay attention to these two? However, there would always be this intimidating vibe exuded by them both for all the girls chickened out even before they spoke a word to them, especially to Changmin, the taller of the two. Changmin that little rascal undeniably enjoyed the attention he was getting every day if the continuous smirk on his face was any indication. 

Changmin's reply was a shrug of his shoulder. Jaejoong arched an eyebrow and grabbed a pen he saw on his desk. He popped the cap off the pen with his teeth. "Want to scribble something down on them? Ya know~"

Changmin stared back at him, disbelief. "No way! I paid a lot for this . You ain't tainting my precious treasure."

Jaejoong was about to snap back but the school bell rung, indicating it was recess time. His mouth closed shut and Jaejoong shoot up from his chair, quickly making a beeline to the classroom back door, with a fixed plan in mind to stuff his growling stomach with whatever he could shove into his mouth so that it would stop making a weird noise.

Jaejoong's steps were skidded to a halt when he realised what he was missing. "Shim, are you coming or not?" He stopped at the door, waiting for the younger guy while his eyes were observing all the other students who just got out from their classes, shoulders bumped against each other as each and every one of them were rushing to the school cafeteria. 

“Wait, hyung!” In his haste to catch up, Changmin precariously shoved the magazine into Jaejoong’s backpack. He then ran towards Jaejoong and curled an arm around the shorter man's shoulders, walking side by side to the school canteen just like they always did. 

After a thirty minutes of recess time, both Jaejoong and Changmin walked back towards their classroom. The two were enthusing over an online game they had been playing recently, discussing on how to kill the other characters, how to get extra points and how to get onto the next level.

Mr Han, the discipline teacher all the students dreaded was waiting just outside of their classroom. A rattan cane was his other half, always stuck by his side, becoming the sole thing that scared the hell out of his students once they made an eye contact. They noticed him talking to some of their classmates but Jaejoong paid no heed. But when one of the students all of a sudden digited towards them, Jaejoong's felt his heart dropped to the floor. '. What is it now?' 

Brandishing a cane in his right hand, the man spun around to focus on Jaejoong and Changmin. His foot tapped impatiently against the concrete floor, face grew stiffer as they approached him closer. “Are you Kim Jaejoong?” The male teacher asked Jaejoong once he arrived at the back door of the class.

“Yes, sir.”

“I’m going to take you to the principal’s office. I found this in your school bag.” He flaunted the playboy magazine to Jaejoong. It took a moment for the situation to sink in and when it did, Jaejoong's eyes doubled its size. Jaejoong swiftly twisted his neck to Changmin, he thought he might get a whiplash but none of that mattered at that moment. Everything clicked when his eyes met Changmin's. The boy looked like his soul just left his body. It was definitely an accident. Jaejoong vaguely remembered or saw Changmin shove the magazine into his backpack and knowing him, he wouldn't have the guts to commit such betrayal against Jaejoong. 

Jaejoong was cursing inwardly before he left with the man and certainly not passing the chance to glare at Changmin who was standing stock-still behind him. The latter was still frozen, working the gears in his brain to wrap his head around this whole ordeal. 

“Shim Changmin, you  better be prepared when I'm done with the detention.” Jaejoong hissed, or at least he managed to as he jabbed an angry finger Changmin's way. 

“Sorry, hyung. I didn’t mean to.... I was rushing.” He rubbed his palms together frantically begging for mercy.

“I know, but just you wait, you little ...” Jaejoong gritted his teeth as he walked out of the class, heading to the principal’s office. All eyes were drilling holes in his back accompanied by a slew of judging hush. He could even hear some of his classmates make a noise of dissent, trying to defend him from all the way to the hallway but Jaejoong took it in stride, not batting an eye.   

................................

Jaejoong had spent a mere fifteen minutes in the principal's office only to be dismissed by the old man to attend a detention class after the school hour. There went all his plan to stop by the pc bang with Changmin to waste their saved pennies on the online game they has discussed about earlier that day. Jaejoong had to hold back a snort upon entering the detention class room. Hypotethically saying, it almost felt like he was gathered with a bunch of criminals. Jaejoong was already in his senior year and it surprised him to see half of the occupants of the class looked way older than him. Some of them might even be school dropouts if it wasn't for the courtesy of the old man to retain these good for nothing people in the school.  

Jaejoong glanced around to look for an empty seat and when he spotted one at the very back of the class, a grin plastered on his lips. He moved to the back in silence. There was no need to be all chummy with the rest of them he thought since every one of them was doing their own things. Slowly and carefully to not make any sounds, he pulled a chair and laid down his bottom. His backpack was set down onto the desk. It was already two in the evening and the teacher who was supposed to monitor them was still not around.

Some of them were sleeping while waiting for the respective teacher, while some of them were scribbling something on the school desk when some others were staring into space, probably having an existential crisis. Jaejoong stopped his eyes to a particular student as soon as he saw a guy. The guy stood out the most among the tug-like faces students, obviously because of his timid and introvert persona. He was sitting silently on his chair with both hands on his lap. It was unusual for Jaejoong to stick his nose into someone else's business because most of the time he wouldn't give a about those who didn't even have significant roles in his life yet this one succeeded to let his curiosity get the better of him.

He wondered what the guy was doing in the class because everyone in his right mind would tell the same, that the detention class wasn't a place for a nerd boy like him. It was either he was accused for the he didn't do just like him or he just had multiple personalities just like those creepy psychos in movies. So, Jaejoong found himself dragging his chair towards the guy in the next second.

Sliding up next to the boy, Jaejoong tapped him on the shoulder. “Hey, what brings you here?”. The boy didn't see it coming and it was not Jaejoong's intention to startle the out of him. His shoulders jerked up and knees accidentally bumped against his desk, knocking all the stationery he had carefully spread on the desk down onto the floor, scattered. 

"Whoa, calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you." Jaejoong's hands rised up to his chest in placating motion. "I'm sorry though. Here, your pens." He handed back the pens to the boy once he had helped him retrieve the content of his pencil case. 

“Th-Thanks. I-I'm actually-”

Jaejoong cut him short. “It’s okay, I don’t really want to know actually, I’m Kim Jaejoong by the way.” He grinned as he stretched out his right arm to the boy.

“Junsu. Kim Junsu....” He reached out for Jaejoong’s hand.

“Oh, so you're a Kim too."

The boy only responded with a silent nod.

"So, are you regular here?” Jaejoong asked casually. The question might sound like he was flirting with the boy and it could go horribly wrong if Junsu was the type to flirt back but heck Jaejoong had no time for that . 

“What is that supposed to mean?” Shocked, he stared straight at Jaejoong’s face. The prior shock in his face morphed into something akin of irritation and confusion.

There was a moment of silence before Jaejoong burst into a fit of chuckle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter