chapter 2

Back To The Future (Rewritten)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight travel through the slit of a magenta drape into a room that inhabited a man who was sleeping peacefully in a king sized bed. His soft hair was blown by the subtle wind from the air conditioner, tickling half portion of his face but none of that bothered him. He squirmed and squeezed his body between the stack of pillows on the bed in an attempt to seek for warmth for his scrawny figure.  In time like this, he wanted to curse himself for being too slim. Even in his sleep, he managed to make a mental note to gain some pounds in the future. 

A sudden multiple knocks on the door woke him up from his dream land. It was a good sleep. Nobody should bother him. Feeling lazy to open the door, the man hiked up his blanket higher past his chin, covering his entire body fully to his head.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

“Wh- just leave me alone. It's still early....” Dismissing the intrusion, he grumbled under the blanket with his eyes still closed shut. It was silent for a second and before he could fully finish the little cheer in his heart, a voice came from behind the door. 

“Kim Jaejoong sshi, young master Jung Yunho is waiting for you downstairs.”

"Five more minutes." He muttered and almost drifted off again but the way his name being addressed prevented him from doing so. “Kim Jaejoong sshi? Dad please... ” Jaejoong snickered, it was so unfamiliar of his dad to crack such kind of joke in this early morning. 'When the hell does he call me by full name? with a honorific even. And what's with the ahjumma's voice though?' But Jaejoong figured it was only futile and insolent of him to keep ignoring the man, so lazily, he pushed the blanket off of his torso and propped one of his elbows, trying to respond to the call. His eyes enlarged a friction and eventually about to pop out of his head as he took in the sight of the surroundings. 'WHAT THE HELL.....?'

Jaejoong squeezed his eyes shut and reopened them to readjust his view. 'Wait....' There was no more of his small closet, but instead there was a big walk in closet filled up with hanging clothes and suits on the right of the spacious room. The wall was decorated with beautiful flowery wallpaper instead of the posters of his favourite band. The floor design was completed with a soft maroon carpet. The carpet looked so fluffy as if his feet would sink in if he stepped on it. All the furniture in the room were definitely customized and expensive with intricate carving. A big painting and a modern designed clock were hanging on the wall. The room was so spacious that it could fit the whole people in his town.  

A sudden view made his breath stop. Jaejoong went into a cardiac arrest and his heart was about to stop beating completely as he spotted a big picture hanging by a frame on the wall. He was with an unknown man, both of them in their pristine white suits standing side by side. In the picture, he was smiling next to the man while his hand locked under the guy's arm. The way he was smiling in the picture seemed like it was the happiest day of his life.

'WAIT, IS THAT A WEDDING PICTURE???!!' 

“What the hell, what the hell, where am I??” He clenched his pyjama just above his heart. It was hammering violently and counting the time to explode. While his mind was busy trying to digest everything he just discovered, again, he heard the persistent knocks on the big door.

“Kim Jaejoong sshi?”

“Y-YES! YES? YES?! ” Jaejoong was spluttering, brain was muddling with confusing thoughts, blocking all his nerves to think of anything coherent at the moment.

“I'm afraid that I have to bring you down by force, Young master Jung Yunho is waiting for you downstairs.” The person behind the door sounded determined.

“Uh... I- I'm not feeling good today! Tell him don’t wait for me. I will go down later!”

“Who the hell is that young master Jung Yun Bo? Yun Jo? What was his name again? !” Jaejoong bit back a scream. It was beyond than what he could fathom. Panicked, he tried to organize his thought. ‘This can't be happening. It must be a dream. Yeah a dream.’ Jaejoong mentally counted to three before slapping his cheek in full force. The action only earned him a stinging pain and a blooming red cheek. It was then Jaejoong had come to a realization that he was indeed living in the reality. He muttered a curse under his breath. '. It's not working!' 

“, this is not a dream.... Not a dream... What am I going to do?” Jaejoong mumbled and shut his eyes. When he opened them again, he was still there in the room. Jaejoong's chest heaved violently, inhaling and exhaling like it were his last breath on this earth and that the oxygen was about to be gone from this world.

He raked a hand through his bed hair simultaneously racking his brain, trying to jog his memories on how he ended up in that super unfamiliar house. Swallowing tightly, Jaejoong questioned to himself. 

'Am I being kidnapped? But this room is too lavish for a hostage.'

'Was I sold to someone? Adopted, or...?' 

“What is it? What is it Kim Jaejoong? Think, think, think. Use your brain.” Jaejoong scratched his head brutally, fighting the urge to pluck his hair one by one. The man only stopping when he suddenly felt a dangling object around his neck. Slowly shifting his eyes down, Jaejoong's eyes bugged out when he saw the pendant. Jaejoong carefully wrapped the pendant in his hand and pulled it up until it was straight to his eye level. The pendant was now dangling gracefully in front of his big eyes, oscillating, shining even. 

“No way in hell- Don’t say that....” Jaejoong's breathing came out a little faster and he didn't know whether it was the voice in his head or he was actually screaming. There was no way in hell the pendant had the power like Junsu had claimed it to be.

"No, no, no this can't be real. This can't be-" With his trepidating hands, Jaejoong struggled to untangle the necklace from his neck the moment he remembered what he had wished the last night before he was going to sleep. He opened his mouth. Shut it, biting back a whimper. 

Jaejoong figured he was literally screaming seconds ago and his voice had apparently shaken the house because in the next minute, an old lady came stomping upstairs. She spared no courtesy and slammed the door open as she rushed inside. 

“What happened, Kim Jaejoong shi? Is anything alright?” The old lady was panting. Her chest heaved as she was evidently struggling to catch her breath.

“Huh? What? No, no! I mean, Yes... I’m alright.” Jaejoong's head jerked up to her, hand was already aloft to throw away the pendant across the room. His hand swiftly limped back onto the sheets and Jaejoong's gaze shifted back and forth between the old lady and the pendant in his clutch. The old lady looked confused by his answer if the multiple lines on her forehead were anything to go by. 

"Huh? Forgive me, sir. I'm afraid I don’t understand.”

“Nothing, nothing! I'm okay... just a bad dream.” Jaejoong had to grin, it was too awkward to be anything than fake. 

“Oh? okay. Okay, then. Young master has left to his office. You can get down anytime you want for your breakfast. I’ll be in the kitchen.”

“I'm sorry, but what should I call you?” Jaejoong asked, blinking at the woman innocently.

“Kim Jaejoong shi, are you sure you are alright? It’s Mi Seon.” She looked back at him, the confused tone in her tone previously was replaced with genuine concern. If anything, the old lady looked more confused than Jaejoong was.

“Mi Seon? That's it? No aunty whatsoever?”

“I'm afraid no sir....”

“Okay." Jaejoong mumbled, more to himself. "I mean, No. No that's not okay at all. You're way older than me and I can't afford to be rude. I will call you aunty instead of Mi Seon.”

“But, young master won’t like it. And you have always called me by the name.”

“I'm not young master. Or whatever that is. I like it more that way. Let him be. From now on I will call you aunty.”

"If it's what you favour, then I'm pleased for whatever you want to call me." It sounded pitiful, even to her own ears.

After the conversation ended and they stupidly stood facing each other, Jaejoong dismissed her before the silence could stretch. Mi Seon left the room, continuously frowning and mumbling under her breath as she made her way to the kitchen downstairs.

The moment the old lady closed the door, Jaejoong hurriedly got off of the bed and stomped crazily on the floor, bristling at the reality that had transpired. “What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do?” The pendant was bouncing together as he jumped. He stopped abruptly and held the pendant in his palm so sure was he that there might be a way out.

Jaejoong, wasn't immune to fantasy, so he wondered if he wished hard enough, this house would disappear, and everything would disappear. “Okay, if it is true that you can make my wish come true...Then, bring me back to where I was before I woke up this morning.” He wrapped the pendant in his palm and brought it to his chest in a rather fruitless attempt at becoming one with the magic stone. He was making a fool out of himself for holding his breath as well. When his face had turned blue, Jaejoong opened his eyes. But, there he was STILL in the spacious bed room.

“! What the hell is this?!” In hindsight, this was perhaps not the most shocking thing that had occurred so far. Jaejoong was dreading what awaited him downstairs. 

................................

After about an hour pacing the room like a caged animal, Jaejoong decided to just take a bath and played along with whatever coming. He was struggling at picking the comfiest clothes to wear. Ninety percents of the clothes collection were suits and he might as well name the closet as a warehouse of high-end clothes. Jaejoong began to wonder if he was living with a vampire. Those creatures literally slept in their coffins wearing suits. He had watched too many vampire movies, no one could tell him they wore pyjamas like what normal human being practiced. Jaejoong eventually managed to find several folded polo tees, turtenecks and knitted sweaters stacked in one of the drawers. Fortunately he was still in his right mind to choose polo tee out of the three because killing himself with his own attire in the summer wasn't really an ideal option no matter how hard he wanted to booked it out of the mansion. 

It was ten in the morning when he came down after a fifteen minute struggle at navigating his way to the kitchen. There were too many doors and he nearly tresspassed someone's study. Jaejoong settled with a black polo t-shirt - with the two upper buttons were left undone and ripped jeans. For someone who had a myriad collection of bespoke Louis Vuitton, Dior, Saint Laurent, Alexander Mc Queen and Gucci suits, Jaejoong was actually surprised to find polo tees among the royals. But when he flipped the tags he regretted having to look down at this man's taste whoever it was. Ralph Lauren, BOSS, Burberry and the list went on. 

There were also more than two glass cabinets surrounding the closet. All kind of shoes starting from formal, casual to sport shoes were put on display in those cabinets. 'Is this how it feels like breathing as Paris Hilton?' A wood cabinet standing at the height of his waist was positioned in the middle of the walk-in closet. The very top of the cabinet, encased in glass was the jewellery. There were some earrings, platinum bands and bangles. The lower part of the drawer was however filled with an array of variety colours and designs of neckties. Meanwhile, a collection of leather wallets occupied the lowest part of the drawer. He didn't need to peak at them to know what brand most of them were from the checkered design of the wallets alone. 

Jaejoong turned to look at the watch winders cabinet fitted in a corner of the room. He was about to cry spotting some of his dream watches resided the cabinet. Never had he imagined that there would be the day he could hold them in their hands. The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Conograph and the Patek Philippe Geneve that could put Hyundai price to shame. Jaejoong decided to just turn a blind eye on the siblings of Gucci and Rolex watches sitting in the same cabinet. He would end up flipping the whole closet if he was to google their prices. The idea to run away with all of these was there but he sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter