A Choice

As Time Goes

Hey! It's been a few days huh? Sorry, i had school work and stuff like that. Anyways, this chapter is gonna be a bit longer, here's where it all begins to happen. BTW are there any Naruto fans out there? If you are, is your life ending now that Naruto did as well ;-; My life is boring now, if i didn't have kpop that is! ^-^ still though...

It seemed as though Kai was being watched at all times, he could feel the eyes watching him. The worried stares, as if he would break apart any moment. Kai was ashamed already because he allowed himself to be seen while he wept. The memory of that hurt his pride, he had never been seen crying, he was an alpha! Alpha's do not cry, no matter the reason. And now, everyone knew, Luhan and Kyungsoo had told them all, the feeling Kai had when he found out. It wasn't hate nor anger, but it was shame then the shame turned into frustration.

"Kai, are you gonna order something?" Suho, the leader of their pack, said in a hushed voice, not wanting to cause the smaller any more embarassment then he already had.

Kai looked up, his eyes piercing through Suho, he didn't mean to, but he was already frustracted as he was. The last thing he wanted to think about was food. Suho seemed to get the message, not appearing to be hurt by the harsh glare Kai had given him. He turned to the waitress and ordered something for Kai. Kai's eyes diverted back to the table, his fingernails drumming on the black marble table. It was quiet, maybe too quiet for anyone's comfort, especially for a tall happy guy like Chanyeol.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, anyone want to come?" no one replied and after a few seconds of awkward silence, to everyone's surprise, Kris stood up, his eyes traveling to Suho giving him a signal to follow. Suho sighed, he knew what Kris wanted to talk about, yet he knew he had to talk about it as well, even though he didn't want to, so he followed with a confused Chanyeol following as well. Kyungsoo and Luhan met each other's gaze, knowing they had to break the silence between them.

"So Kai, do you want to go anywhere special today? We could go shopping or-"

"Shopping is good." Kai interrupted Luhan as he began to speak, Kai's voice was solid. No further questions were asked, it was mainly silence.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Kris, I know what your going to say. Honestly, i don't think now would be a good time." Suho said to Kris the minute the door closed behind them. Chanyeol stood in front of the mirror, adjusting his hat and listening to the conversation. Kris shook his head to Suho, his mind was made up.

"Suho we have to. It's now or never, the other packs have warned me that we need to stop living a normal life and return. To be honest, we don't belong here, now that Kai has broken up with his girlfriend, we can finally move on. It'll turn out to be the best thing we've done. Seoul is not the place for us, we have to return to our territory in the woods. If we don't we're bound to be taken over. Let's not forget who is still over there." Kris replied to Suho, his tone was firm and his gaze locked with Suho. The leader's eyes traveled to Chanyeol, the wolf's mouth was open slightly in surprise. Suho sighed and leaned against the bathroom wall, he crossed his arms across his chest and began to think about their situation. They had tried, honestly they had, but it wasn't working out for the pack. People were beginning to wonder why they were so strong, why they were faster than others, why they had a sense of smell like a dog. It wasn't working out well.

The leader knew this was true, Chen and Xiumin had informed him yesterday about someone following them, just to see what they were doing. Although Suho knew they should return to the home in the woods, he didn't want to move everyone so quickly. This was so sudden, he feared everyone might not want to leave because of all the things they have here in Seoul. It was one of those tuff descions he had to make for the pack.

"Alright. We'll tell them. Chanyeol did-"

"I heard Suho, i'm fine with it. Besides we don't need any more attention than we already do." Chanyeol interrupted, he smiled and quietly walked out of the bathroom. Kris and Suho remained silent, both in thought about how the pack was going to handle this. Would they agree? Disagree? Chanyeol agreed, so maybe everyone else would. Suho only wished no one would be angry with him, that was the last thing he wanted.

"Wait. What about Kai? He just...you know broke up with the person he thought he was going to spend eternity with." Kris said, he knew Kai wouldn't have been a problem, had he not asked that girl out. Like everyone else, Kris wished that day would have never came. He wished Kai would've stayed with the pack, not found someone like he did. Things would be easier.

"He'll adjust. If he won't, someone will have to force him too. I'll talk to him if I have to." Suho replied then stepped outside of the bathroom, his mind troubled with thoughts and worries. Kris on the other hand, knew what was best already, he was willing to go as far as he could for the pack. It was one of the reasons Suho chose Kris to be the second in charge, so if anything ever happened to Suho, he was in charge and bore the full weight of the pack on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone. Kris turned to the mirror and let out a heavy sigh, was he ready for this?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kai looked from each person, wondering if they thought little of him or just plain worried about him. Probably both. Chanyeol, who had returned not to long ago, was staring at him in deep thought. A small sigh of defeat escaped his lips, he lowered his head into his folded arms on the desk and shut his eyes. Maybe if he tried hard enough, he could disappear.

"Kai? You wanna talk about it?" Baekhyun suddenly asked, placing a hand on Kai's stiff shoulders. Kai shook his head and lifted his head to meet Baekhyun's gaze, Baekhyun smiled at him but Kai didn't smile back.

Suho suddenly returned and sat at the empty seat next to Lay, everyone's gaze fixed upon Suho, even Kai's. Getting the feeling he was being watched, Suho looked around at the pack. He smiled and cleared his throat.

"As you all know, people have begun to get suspicious about us right?" everyone agreed with a nod, "We have to keep ourselves hidden or...problems will happen. People might or might not get hurt, but I prefer people to NOT get hurt so, we have to move back to our home in the woods. Where the other packs resign." Suho finished, his gaze moved from everyone one of the pack members until it finally got to Kai, who looked like he was going to abjure the proposal, but he never did.

The pack murmured to one another, no one really knew what to think of this, and when Kris came back, he took a seat next to Tao. Tao began to speak to him about this, asking if he knew about this. He frowned when Kris nodded. Kai turned to baekhyun, who was sitting next to him, and saw as he spoke with Sehun, both had identical frowns on their lips.

"Let's go." Kai finally spoke up. Everyone seemed to freeze and turn to Kai out  of everyone, Kai was the one they expected to reject the idea, but he was the first to agree out of them, besides Chanyeol, Kris, and Suho.

"Really?" Chanyeol said, still in shock. Kai nodded and stood up from his seat. His hands were stuffed in his pocket as he walked over to Suho, Suho watched him. There had to be a catch.

"When do we leave?" Kai asked, his eyes watching Suho's eyes. Kai knew the leader would not lead them astray, he knew Suho would protect them, but this was so sudden, it made him question why he, himself, even agreed. But he was in the  pack, it was natrual for him to agree with the leader out of nowhere or without a second thought. Suho seemed to understand and smiled at the dark haired boy.

"In three days." Suho answered and Kai simply nodded. He his heel and head for the door, Kris stood up from his seat, his gaze fixed on Kai,

"Where are you going?" Kris asked. Kai turned around halfway, he shrugged and pointed to the door,

"Outside. I need some fresh air, I won't run away." Kai answered, the last part of the sentence, he couldn't help but roll his eyes. Why was it that they always assumed Kai was going to run away? Was it because of his looks? His personality? It annyoed him to all ends but he had to put up with it, even though he was an alpha, he wasn't the leader, he didn't want to be anyways, too much work, responsibility, and stress. He liked being who he was and right now, he just had to get his stuff straight, sort out his emotions. With that, he stepped out.

The weather was nice, there was a gentle breeze and the sound of car horns could be heard in the distant. It wasn't peace and quiet, but it was close. Kai looked from side to side, wondering which way to go. Finally, he turned right, his hands stuffed in his pocjet while he walked down the sidewalk. His gaze was fixed on the ground, so he wasn't concentrated on his surroundings ahead of him. As he walked, he tried to bottle up all emotions he had, someone had told him emotions only get in your way and ruin your life, and know he knew, it was true.

Now and then he would hear whipsers about him as he walked past some people, they spoke of him as being strange, not fitting in, being weird. It was okay, Kai was used to it, he was the freak in town. It didn't bother him much. Kai looked up from teh ground to look at where he was; he wandered to far. Maybe he should go back? He's had enough fresh air for today. Kai his heel to walk back to the pack but he was met with something hard. The sudde impact made his head dizzy, he rubbed his forehead with his hand trying to get the fuzzy feeling out,

"Watch where your going next time!" Kai snapped at whoever he bumped into. When he got a good look at the person, he sawe it was a girl. He immediately recognized her; Mae Yu Ri, the local nice girl. The girl everyone loved, the girl who helped everyone. Mae Yu Ri bowed to Kai as an apology, Kai rolled his eyes, he didn't like this girl. She was too nice.

"Whatever." Kai mumbled and pushed past her, not caring that he almost knocked her down. Mae Yu Ri watched Kai storm off, something was wrong with him. She had always seen him smiling with his girlfriend but now he was crabby and looked stressed. She did the first thing that came to mind; she ran after him.

 

So i finished this chapter, it's longer right? I think it is...Well, the next chapter won't be up for probably a week because i have Thanksgiving break coming very soon! Yay! Anyways, thank you for my first subscriber! You know who you are ::pokes:: I love you all very much, all my readers, and my subscriber <3 I got to go, see you next time, Happy Thanksgiving! Love you~