She wasn't the one

As Time Goes

Kai slowly cracked his eyes open, squinting from the light that was suddenly so blinding. His eyes wandered around the room, he wasn't in his bathroom but in his bedroom, on his bed. A snore startled him, he snapped his head to the side and relaxed when he saw Kyungsoo sleeping on a nearby chair, but it looked awfully uncomfortable.

“D.O?” Kai whispered hoarsely, his voice sounded horrible! Kyungsoo stirred and wiped the edge of his mouth with his hand, getting rid of the drool that had started to form. The door opened, and Luhan stepped in with a tray of food,

“You’re awake!” Luhan exclaimed happily, scaring Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo jumped up and tumbled to the floor, then quickly gathered himself,

“How long have I been out?” Kai asked quietly, he took the tray as Luhan handed it to him. Both Luhan and Kyungsoo sat on their knees at the end of the bed,

“You've been out since yesterday last night.” Luhan answered, Kai turned to the window, it was night. With a sigh, Kai looked at the soup that was on the tray and began to eat some earning a smile from Kyungsoo and Luhan.

“We called everyone and told them you were okay.” Kyungsoo informed as he watched Kai eat the soup. Luhan nodded and shifted his position to where he could bring his knees to his chest. Kai looked up at them as he ate his soup,

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked, Kai hated how they were staring at him like he was fragile but it was understandable, they had been worried about him for a while, he owed them his cooperation.

“I'm fine.” he answered quietly. Kyungsoo and Luhan turned to each other before nodding then getting up from the bed and walking towards Kai's closet,

“You’re going out then.” Luhan said picking out a shirt and a stylish jacket while Kyungsoo searched for some shoes and some pants,

“Kris and Suho said they're gonna treat you to dinner, some fancy restaurant.” Kyungsoo continued, he handed Luhan some shoes, Luhan looked them over then set the clothes aside on a chair. Kyungsoo placed some black pants with the clothes to complete the outfit. Kai watched as Luhan and Kyungsoo began to scamper around his room, looking for accessories. Luhan found a brush and Kai's stash of hairspray hidden under his wardrobe while Kyungsoo found a necklace that had a skull dangling from it and a watch. The two then made their way towards Kai.

            Kai allowed them to do what they pleased, he didn't struggle when Luhan draggied him out of bed, being gentle yet determined. Kai frowned when he remembered his ex doing something similar to this. He shut his eyes, trying to forget the memory, he needed to forget it, he needed to forget it all. But he couldn't, it was burned in his mind.

"Kai? You okay? Do you need any water?" Luhan asked placing a hand on Kai's shoulder then giving it a comforting squeeze. Kai opened his eyes and looked up at Luhan, he answered with a nod. Kyungsoo grabbed the brush from Luhan's hand as Luhan stepped out to get Kai some water. The room was filled with silence, Kyungsoo suddenly sighed as he slipped the skull necklace on Kai.

"Like i said Kai, you'll find someone else. I know it, she wasn't...the one." Kyungsoo told his friend but it seemed to go in through one ear then out the other. Kai's hands clasped together in his lap, he stared down at the shaggy carpet, wondering what it was he did wrong. Luhan entered the room with a glass of water, he handed it to Kai, who drank it greedily, seeing as how he was very thristy.

            When Kai was done with his cup, he set the cup down on the counter nearby, then allowed his two friends to hover over him, fixing his hair and straightening his jacket so he would look presentable to the world. When they finished, Kai stood up as stiff as a board then turned to Kyungsoo who was biting his lower lip. Kyungsoo's heart dropped when he saw how sad his friend's eyes were. In the back of his mind, he cursed the day Kai and his ex ever met, he wanted Kai to be happy but with this situation happening, Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he could provide Kai with that even.

 

So this one was kind of short, i'm sorry. I promise the chapters will be a bit more longer as we go on. I don't mean to be mean to Kai and make him all sad, i love him, i really do but, the story must go on! He'll be happy later on...i hope. Please R&R!

We Are One, EXO