Regret

As Time Goes

"Wait! Please, wait!"

It didn't matter how many times she called him, he wouldn't slow down, not even the tiniest bit. If anything, he sped up. Maybe he was hurt more than she expected but his girlfriend would help him wouldn't he? For a moment, Mae Yu Ri wondered exactly where his girlfriend was? Were they fighting? She called him again but he didn't answer, so she placed a gentle hand on his shoulders. The wrong move.

"Don't touch me!" he snapped slapping her hand away while facing her, Mae Yu Ri lowered her hand with a nervous swallow and cleared . Now that Kai had stopped walking, she could talk to him. Or try to at least to talk to him. She prepared herself to speak to him, ready for anything he would throw at her. Insults, she could take, pushing her away, she would leave willingly if he told her to, she just wanted to help.

"Are you okay?" and she mentally kicked herself for such a lame question. Kai seemed a bit taken back by the question but the confusion faded to frustraction, possibly anger, she couldn't tell.

"I'm fine. Why would you say that?" he asked through gritted teeth, he was obviously not okay. Mae Yu Ri shifted on her feet and looked down at the ground, suddenly feeling very shy and kind of foolish. Kai waited for her to speak and just as he was about to leave, she spoke.

"You...seem tense and look really sad. Lost even." Kai opened his mouth to speak but couldn't find the right words so he closed his mouth and watched her, he watched what she did. What surprised him was that she didn't even look up at him, she was known to be the type of person to comfort you no matter what but how could she do that when she wasn't even meeting eye contact with him. Not that he blamed her, not a lot of people met eye contact with him. They thought he was scary.

"Lost?" Kai repeated, his gaze was still held at her when she finally looked up with a gentle smile. She nodded and rubbed her elbow nervously, why was she nervous around him?

"Yeah. Do you need someone to talk to about it? I'm here to help...if you want." Kai watched her as if unsure of her word, not like he needed it. He could handle everything on his own but something kept tugging at him, wanting to expect her word but he refused the feeling.

"No." then he walked away leaving her stunned at his rudeness but he didn't care. Still, somewhere in the back of his mind, he regretted what he said to her. He turned around for a small glance to see her staring at the floor, now she looked lost and a bit hurt. The idea of going back and apologizing didn't seem so bad now but Kai wouldn't let this get in his way, he needed to get back to the group and that's what he was going to do. So he kept walking, he didn't stop until he got to the cafe the guys were at.

"Have a good walk?" Kris asked when Kai walked up to the table. Kai didn't look up at him, he didn't want to, so he only nodded and sat down next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun watched him, a frown on his lips that didn't go unnoticed by Kai.

"I'm okay Baekhyun." Kai assured the older. Baekhyun nodded but didn't remove the frown, he only turned towards Chanyeol, who was saying something about some hat store he saw while they were coming here.

Kai's thoughts floated back to Mae Yu Ri, maybe he should apologize to her, he was starting to feel really bad about this. He was so lost into his thoughts, he didn't hear Tao calling him.

"Kai?"

Kai blinked and turned to Tao, now getting his attention, Tao smiled at him and held out the menu. Kai took it and looked at the menu with a confused expression on his face.

"Pick something Kai. I'm treating you." Tao said sweetly earning a small awe from Chen who was quickly elbowed by Xiumin. Kai smiled the slightest of smiles, but it was a smile, and to that everyone else smiled. Seems as though Tao got through to Kai. Part of the reason Kai had smiled was because Tao hardly treated anyone, he liked to be showered with love, but in this time, Tao needed to shower someone else with his own love and he was more than happy to share it with Kai, who needed it most at this time.

"Thanks Tao but...i'm not a hungry mood." Kai answered, much to Tao's disappointment, Tao frowned and nodded in understanding. Kai, upon seeing Tao's sad expression sighed softly and looked at the menu. "How about some tea and a muffin?" Kai suggested and that made Tao smile again. Tao  nodded and got up to order it himself. Kris couldn't help but smile, at least Kai was getting better. Maybe they could move back without any problems. Just maybe, they could go back and live with no regret.

 

Hey! So i had a good break. How about you guys? Who are still in school, i mean. Anyways, sorry about the wait and thanks to  my new subscriber! Please comment and tell me what i need to work on, i like to be corrected. Oh and the indenting (did i spell that right?? 0.0) i don't know what's wrong with that but i'll try and fix it.

Thanks for reading! Until next time~