Day 5 - Make a wish

Meet Me Under The Mistletoe - 10 Drabbles

tumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.giftumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.giftumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.giftumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.gif

Sunggyu found it endearing how his boyfriend, Dongwoo still believed in Santa Claus. It just added to his childlike innocence which was partly the reason why Sunggyu fell in love with him. And he did everything to keep the boy believing, even though their friends, especially Sungyeol and Howon teased the hell out of him for that.

Which is why he found himself holding Dongwoo’s hand on a snowy day in December, pulling him to his car.
“Where are we going?” Dongwoo asked, eyeing the older boy curiously.
“You’ll see~” Sunggyu practically sang, making himself cringe a little. “But you’ll love it, I promise.”
“I was sure about that, I love everything we do together.” Dongwoo grinned, making Sunggyu blush. It’s amazing how even after a year and a half of dating Dongwoo still managed to make him flustered with a simple, although very cheesy comment.

He opened his car’s door for Dongwoo, then went to the other side of it to sit in the vehicle. Dongwoo tapped on his knees excitedly, smiling continuously, and Sunggyu had to put his hand on the other’s thigh to make him stop, because really, it was so distracting. Dongwoo chuckled, and slid his hand on his boyfriend’s, intertwining their fingers, and Sunggyu had the urge to find a place to stop the car at, and just cuddle with the boy for long-long hours. But he couldn’t, he had a mission to complete, and he was sure he will get rewarded well after they get back home.

 

They were sitting in comfortable silence for the remains of the way, not letting their hands go,

and honestly Sunggyu praised God for making him chose a car with automatic transmission.

 

“We are here.” Sunggyu said while he turned with the car somewhere, and Dongwoo looked up excitedly.
“The… mall? You brought me to the mall?” He asked, clearly confused. “Are we doing Christmas shopping, because I told you I didn’t get my paycheck yet, and...”
“And you don’t want me to pay for everything, I know, babe, I know, but as much as I love to spoil you with buying you stuff, we aren’t here for shopping.”
“Then… what?”
“You’ll see.”

When they got in, Sunggyu grabbed Dongwoo’s wrist and started pulling him after himself, until they got to a wood building with tons of children surrounding it, and Sunggyu almost felt embarassed, but the wide, excited and happy smile he noticed on Dongwoo’s lips made it definitely worth it.

“Oh my god...” Dongwoo barely managed to whisper, and Sunggyu smiled, knowing his idea was good, not everything can leave Dongwoo speechless after all.
“You like it? I told you it’s not Christmas shopping~”
“I… didn’t expect you to… Santa...” Dongwoo mumbled, cheeks reddening. “If we wouldn’t be in a public place with children I would kiss you here and now but then I guess it needs to wait until we get back home. Or find a mistletoe.”
Dongwoo being so straighforward never failed to make Sunggyu blush, and this time was no exception either.

 

They got into the queue, and while they were waiting to meet Santa, Dongwoo reduced from a fully functioning 24 years old adult to a 5 years old little kid, whispering to Sunggyu excitedly.
“Don’t forget to take photos, it’s important!” He gave Sunggyu his phone, and was about to start explaining how to take photos with it, when it was his turn.
“I won’t, but go, don’t make him wait” He chuckled, patting Dongwoo’s back affectionately and went to a good spot to take photos from.

Dongwoo was practically glowing while he was talking to Santa, but when he was about to make a wish - aka making Sunggyu’s job easier in finding the perfect present for him - he leant closer to Santa and whispered what he wanted into his ear. Sunggyu was rolling his eyes, but then couldn’t stop himself from smiling. So typically Dongwoo.

When he bid goodbyes to Santa, Dongwoo was almost jumping on his way back to Sunggyu.
"What did you wish for?" Sunggyu asked, wrapping his arm around Dongwoo's shoulder when the younger arrived to him.

"I can't tell or it won't come true..." Dongwoo shrugged, but then looked down. "It was staying together with you forever." He whispered, hoping revealing it won't ruin their chances for that.

 

tumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.giftumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.giftumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.giftumblr_inline_mw96vpi9am1r63cto.gif

Comments are appreciated! Also feel free to still send in requests, we don't have enough stories for the 24 days yet :) Just look at the description for more information .

Thank you for reading~

tumblr_inline_mw95u12vmU1r63cto.gif